The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Play button on game isn't working

psycoprophet
psycoprophet
✭✭
Press play on loader and it does nothing.alot of good the repair function does if it uses the same button so it basically is useless too. I hit repair and it also does nothing.so glad I dont nor ever will pay a sub for such things.
Edited by psycoprophet on August 4, 2019 3:13PM
  • psycoprophet
    psycoprophet
    ✭✭
    Mvm no biggie. Uninstalled :) no time for for broken games.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @psycoprophet

If you decide to continue playing ESO and still run into issues launching the game, our help articles linked below can help you get the game up and running.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So did OP indicate that he has Webroot as his antivirus software?? And he doesn't mention crashing with a black screen.

ZOS' reply doesn't seem to be very helpful if he didn't.

However, that's a rage quit if ever I saw one.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The launcher won’t load right. Then if it does I get random ping spikes and dc over and over then error 200 and can’t login. I’m close to uninstalling too.
  • psycoprophet
    psycoprophet
    ✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    So did OP indicate that he has Webroot as his antivirus software?? And he doesn't mention crashing with a black screen.

ZOS' reply doesn't seem to be very helpful if he didn't.

However, that's a rage quit if ever I saw one.

Lol no rage,had few days extra off cuz of a holiday and was expecting to mess around on eso but as my luck would have it it would work fine night before than not the next day when I'd have some time to play. Little frustrating but no rage,spent about an hr looking on Google and messing around with the launcher file to no avail so only real option is to uninstall and reinstall which even with high speed where I live takes a day or two to redownload which I'm sure I will again one of these days lol have gw2 running so just suck it up and play that for few days lol
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then I wish you the best of luck with your reinstall, and hope that solves the issue.

As a matter of interest, where either of ZOS' 'help articles' of the slightest use?
  • Ollowaiin2
    Ollowaiin2
    ✭✭✭
    What Anti-Virus Software is installed? Can you disable it and try again?

Is the "eso64.exe" Launcher in this folder?
    …\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\
  • psycoprophet
    psycoprophet
    ✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Then I wish you the best of luck with your reinstall, and hope that solves the issue.

As a matter of interest, where either of ZOS' 'help articles' of the slightest use?

No as during my Google check thise were mentioned so i tried those suggestions as well, avast is the av I use and I tried disabling as well.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I uninstalled the game and reinstalled. That completely fixed my issues. Tried repairing at first but that didn’t work. Everything’s fine now.
  • psycoprophet
    psycoprophet
    ✭✭
    I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked for two days,just tried logging in and same thing is happening again. As much as I like this game I am not trying up my internet for another two days to install. Crazy stuff for 2019. All the buttons on the installer work except the play highlights for a second than does nothing. Very frustrating. All other games work fine and as I said it was working fine last couple days.
    Edited by psycoprophet on August 8, 2019 9:28PM
  • psycoprophet
    psycoprophet
    ✭✭
    If anyone has same issue try game options(little icon near middle of launcher) and in scroll down click repair,did this twice and now works.
  • psycoprophet
    psycoprophet
    ✭✭
    This is getting quite old,now it's doing it again and repair option isn't showing up. Maybe have ur tech guys fix ur loader so ur paying customers can play ur game,just a thought. Lmao so I open the account and support tabs than game options and repair magically appears as an option? What a horrible launcher and by the looks of it on the net it's been a problem for yrs.
    Edited by psycoprophet on August 9, 2019 10:04PM
  • psycoprophet
    psycoprophet
    ✭✭
    No surprise launcher throws an error,file doesn't have permission or is being used by another aplication.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @psycoprophet

What is the exact error coming up in the launcher now?

Which file does the launcher lack permission to?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • psycoprophet
    psycoprophet
    ✭✭
    Didn't say a a file name, so far i have been able to continually repair the launcher every few days to continue playing.