The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help to open the ports in my FritzBox router

Tato99
Tato99
Soul Shriven
Hello everybody, I've had huge issues with ESO ever since I bought it some years ago and had at one point given up on it, but because my brother just bought it on sale I decided I would try and find a solution to these problems.
After somehow solving most of these problems I get a message saying "an error has occured, please try again" after the character selection menu. I finally found out that the problem is that the ports used by ESO are closed, since when I use a free VPN it works perfectly. The problem is that this free VPN only gives me 2gb of data per month and I don't want to get a paid VPN.
I tried contacting my IP to open the ports but they said I could either make my wifi public (which I absolutely won't do) or solve it myself. Now I have found the ports I'm supposed to open on this site: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1133/~/what-ports-do-i-need-to-open-for-the-elder-scrolls-online?
However I think I'm doing something wrong when trying to change the settings of my router because nothing I've tried has actually worked, thus I would like to ask you to help me if you know how to do this on a FritzBox 7490 router or some alternative solution that doesn't involve making my router public.
Thank you very much
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Tato99

You can try the following settings on the device:

Please note that some of the settings described here are only displayed if the "Advanced View" is enabled in the user interface (bottom/middle: View: Advanced).

1. Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.

2. Click "Filters" in the "Internet" menu.

3. Click on the "Lists" tab.

4. Disable the option "Teredo filter enabled".

5. Click "Apply" to save your settings.

You can find more information regarding these steps here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post