Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

4K Display and Launcher Scaling using Steam

Bedwyr
Bedwyr
Soul Shriven
Referencing this old discussion: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/120275/launcher-scaling

Need: Got a 4K TV display recently. The Launcher is extremely hard to see.

Condition: I run the system through Steam Big Picture launched by using Kodi as the OS shell (that means unless I run explorer explicitly, I can't access many Windows functions including magnifier). This is being run as an HTPC entertainment appliance from the couch.

While trying to get the launcher set up, I have tried to override application scaling in Windows 10: Compatibility->change high DPI settings->Override high DPI scaling behavior, behavior set to 'System'. I've tried applying this setting to zosSteamStarter.exe and Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe. This works when running the exe file directly but does *not* work when running the exe through Steam itself. I can't make out any reason this would be happen and haven't found some other exe or launcher wrapper.

Thanks for any help or insights.
  • woodsielord
    woodsielord
    ✭✭✭
    How embarrassing that this is still a thing, and the thread with the only community fixes has been locked just because.
  • Keewo
    Keewo
    ✭✭✭
    Got the same Problem. Now im using the eso64.exe for startig the Game. Im not playing in NativeResolution but in 1440p with Fullscreenmode but there are more and more Problems as its not a Real Fullscreen.

The biggest Problem is my Mousecursor ingame. Its Micromini, makes it Hard to See in different Situations.

I tried everything but its Hopeless in this actual State of the Game. Maybe ZOS will be able to Fix this, I mean its a Problem since 2014. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Stam Dk aus Leidenschaft
  • lazloarcadia
    lazloarcadia
    ✭✭
    9/21/2021
    Still a problem
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is over two years old, we've decided to close the thread. If you have a similar issue please feel free to start a new discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.