Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pls Delete

• Myrm
    Myrm
    ✭✭✭
    Oliwaltony wrote: »
    that's simple consumer protection laws here. There was previous instances of a local game company having servers issues and didn't compensate their playerbase, there was pursuit, and the game company had to pay a fine. They tried doing it again later when there was a psn outtage mentionning it wasn't their fault, but the thing is, if they doesn't offer a different way to prevent loss of bonuses linked to not being able to log in because of issues on the side of the game, they are committing wrongdoing. They were fined again and never did that again. They then proceeded to give the bonuses anyway when there was server outtages. I don't live in the US where companies can do whatever the f*ck they wants and get away with it. Here, to get a game on the market they have to respect our laws. If they don't, they get finned. Simple as that. It is simple consumer protection laws, about letting people claims bonuses they are entitled to (by buying the game as it is part of the game you paid for) IF the game studio didn't gave another way to claims it's rewards. The fact that it is PSN that was down doesn't matter, they developped a version for PSN, they have to assume there will be some outtage and make it their own. In those situations, they have to credit the rewards players missed because of the unavaibility of the servers. It should be like that for every single place in the world. We pay companies for a game and its features for it to work. They make sh*tton of money on us, it is but a little thing to garantee the rewards we are entitled to obtainable even if their servers are f*cked up. Players shouldn't pay for the problems on games's side. We threw money on the company for that.

What a load of BS!! Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.

I purchase a car from Ford. One month later the worker’s union at the oil refinery call a strike and all workers down tools. No petrol/gas is being produced. Petrol/Gas stations run dry. I can’t run my car. Guess Ford has to compensate me.
    PC & Xbox (EU)

I am employed as a member of Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Royal Guard. (Class of 2017, Yinchorr)
  • Oliwaltony
    Oliwaltony
    ✭✭✭
    Myrm wrote: »
    Oliwaltony wrote: »
    that's simple consumer protection laws here. There was previous instances of a local game company having servers issues and didn't compensate their playerbase, there was pursuit, and the game company had to pay a fine. They tried doing it again later when there was a psn outtage mentionning it wasn't their fault, but the thing is, if they doesn't offer a different way to prevent loss of bonuses linked to not being able to log in because of issues on the side of the game, they are committing wrongdoing. They were fined again and never did that again. They then proceeded to give the bonuses anyway when there was server outtages. I don't live in the US where companies can do whatever the f*ck they wants and get away with it. Here, to get a game on the market they have to respect our laws. If they don't, they get finned. Simple as that. It is simple consumer protection laws, about letting people claims bonuses they are entitled to (by buying the game as it is part of the game you paid for) IF the game studio didn't gave another way to claims it's rewards. The fact that it is PSN that was down doesn't matter, they developped a version for PSN, they have to assume there will be some outtage and make it their own. In those situations, they have to credit the rewards players missed because of the unavaibility of the servers. It should be like that for every single place in the world. We pay companies for a game and its features for it to work. They make sh*tton of money on us, it is but a little thing to garantee the rewards we are entitled to obtainable even if their servers are f*cked up. Players shouldn't pay for the problems on games's side. We threw money on the company for that.

What a load of BS!! Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.

I purchase a car from Ford. One month later the worker’s union at the oil refinery call a strike and all workers down tools. No petrol/gas is being produced. Petrol/Gas stations run dry. I can’t run my car. Guess Ford has to compensate me.

Your exemple is dull as even with a strike the gas would still come in cause there is multiple sources of it. In your exemple, there was another way of getting what you needed, even tough the gas is not sold with the car. The daily reward system tough comes with the game. If we are unable to claim this rewards because of a problem on the game dev's side, its against the law where I live. There is indeed exceptions, to prevent abuse, but in this case there wouldnt be. Try and come up with a better exemple, the previous one was bad.
  • Myrm
    Myrm
    ✭✭✭
    Still speaking BS I see :D
    PC & Xbox (EU)

I am employed as a member of Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Royal Guard. (Class of 2017, Yinchorr)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are closing this thread since the issue is resolved and the discussion has become unconstructive.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.