The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck in Walk mode cannot run - HELP PLEASE!!!

Stephanie_ABT
Stephanie_ABT
✭✭
While im loving the new patch overall, Im not happy that i cannot play my warden healer or necromancer at the moment as they both are getting stuck in walk mode and unable to run etc. The only fix is either die or relog then after about 15/20 mins it happens again and so the cycle continues, something which is nightmare to do especially While in Cyro or a dungeon. Totally unplayable right now

Before anyone says its bad internet or something i have even tried using the unstuck function and it does not help whatsoever, and so far out of my 10 characters only these two seem to be affected...(Fingers crossed as I don't want to jinx them now)

PLEASE FIX ASAP!!!!

PSN: StephanieA_BT

Characters Affected: Stephanie, Stephie Necro

Thanks

Delphine Veteran Rank 16 AD Sorcerer.
GM Guild Timeless Circle
Ex PS4 EU Now PC EU
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    May or may not help but last time this happened to me having another player kill me fixed it so I could move normally.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• Stephanie_ABT
    Stephanie_ABT
    ✭✭
    it works partially Darkestght but 15 min later it happens again and the cycle continues. Doesnt matter if im in Cyro or PVE it still happens.
    GM Guild Timeless Circle
    Ex PS4 EU Now PC EU
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure you're not pressing a key that toggles walk/run? I can't remember the default, but it could be nulock?
  • Stephanie_ABT
    Stephanie_ABT
    ✭✭
    PS4 so im using the DS4, never happened before the patch...I'm sure
    GM Guild Timeless Circle
    Ex PS4 EU Now PC EU
  • Stephanie_ABT
    Stephanie_ABT
    ✭✭
    ive tried 3 different controllers one of them brand new it still happens
    GM Guild Timeless Circle
    Ex PS4 EU Now PC EU
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it persist if you zone in to another area or got to a player home? You said after 15-20 minutes it comes back. Is it right after combat ends?
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Stephanie_ABT
    Stephanie_ABT
    ✭✭
    not dependant on combat, sometimes it happens right in the middle of taking a keep for example, other times it just happens while walking in Elden Root. never tried to change zones especially while in cyro but a relog does help for around 15/20 mins until it happens again...i could even just be running inside a keep and it occurs. There is no set parameters as to what triggers it happening. Very very frustrating
    GM Guild Timeless Circle
    Ex PS4 EU Now PC EU
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this sounds really dumb, but try do a heavy attack with a lightning staff or restoration staff against a target.

This sounds like a bug I've had many times before, the game gets stuck thinking you're channeling a heavy attack with either a lightning or restoration staff, you'll be stuck walking slowly at the speed you move while channeling the heavy attack and it wont stop until you successfully complete a heavy attack with this staff type on an actual target.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me just the other day. I just relogged and it sorted it. Has not happened again.

It did start just after combat, in case any is trying to figure root cause. It was some overland PVE combat.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a new bug. Has happened to multiple group members in Cyro for no apparent reason. Fixes include, at random, for different players: ./reloadui, death, relogging character, completely logging out of game and restarting.

On the upside my templar hasn't had to run from ales to ash after a keep take or resource flip, for then entire new campaign! Hooray for the stuck in combat bug fix. Thanks ZoS.
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos