Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

HTTP request Failed

Dirk70
Dirk70
Soul Shriven
Since last update i can't play anymore. I get HTTP request Failed while downloading. Been trying all things i found online but can't seem to fix it. Send in a ticket but no response so far..... So what am i paying for here? Where is the help? What about my plus membership? Will i get a refund? Is there anyone able to help?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Dirk70

Here are a few troubleshooting steps that can help your download finish.
    • Add C:\Program Files(x86)\ZenimaxOnline as an antivirus exception.
    • Ensure your network type is set to "Home network"
    • Run the ESO Launcher as an administrator
    • Click on the Start button, then select Control Panel, Internet Options, and finally the Security tab and lower the slider for Internet, Local intranet, Trusted sites, and Restricted sites
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Jenrenee
    Jenrenee
    Soul Shriven
    I was unable to get the above suggestion to work for me. I was able however to get the patcher to run without the error by disabling my firewalls and allowing all but blocked websites. I also did a hard reboot on my machine and reset to my modem and router. I don't know yet if the game will run if I re-enable my security settings, but for now the patcher is downloading after trying for over a day.
  • seek09
    seek09
    Soul Shriven
    Adding C:\Program Files(x86)\ZenimaxOnline as an antivirus exception worked for me! Thank you.