The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Should I delete my DC characters now?

InvictusApollo
InvictusApollo
✭✭✭✭✭
My first character was in Aldmeri Dominion because I wanted a High Elf Sorcerer. I played with him through all of the content. Then I decided to create my second char. And since I've met some nice people who were pvping in EP, I decided to pick that alliance for my second char. I got to experience Cyrodill war from the perspective of EP players and it was a little different. I actually did enjoy it. Since then I've made six more characters (8 in total). And since there was no faction lock, I could choose any of them depending on what gameplay I wanted. I got to experience all three sides. And every single time I chose noCP, because of lower lag and TTK (time to kill).

I got bored with ESO few weeks ago and decided to take a break. Now that I am back I have my AD chars in CP campaign, my EP chars in noCP campaign and my DC chars... nowhere. There are only two 30 day campaigns to choose from. I could go with them to the 7day campaign... but it's almost barren. Sure I could take them to Imperial City or Battlegrounds... but I want to play in Cyrodill and I don't see a reason to do otherwise.

The result of faction lock was exactly what I anticipated: I can't play with 25% of my chars and I get much less fun with almost half of my chars because they are stuck in the CP campaign.

What am I supposed to do with my DC characters now? I've met and fought against some good DC players with whom I would love to spontanously play from time to time.
But I guess we needed faction lock to eliminate spies... oh wait these are still in game. People are even paying for their services now as I saw a post on text chat that someone is willing to pay 1k gold for spying on enemies.
Edited by InvictusApollo on June 3, 2019 10:49AM
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I deleted my DC characters and remade them EP................
  • Helgi_Skotina
    Helgi_Skotina
    ✭✭✭
    Nice. Ppl will stay on 1 faction cause of the lock. I think the faction should be account-locked.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say wait for one major patch. ZOS has tried CP BGs before and how well did that go? I do not feel that faction locks are set in stone yet.
  • kerthas
    kerthas
    ✭✭✭
    Nice. Ppl will stay on 1 faction cause of the lock. I think the faction should be account-locked.

One tamriel one tamriel, what is this again, i forgot
  • Diundriel
    Diundriel
    ✭✭✭
    delete them, best advise or wait until they put alliance Change token into Crown store
    GM of former Slack Squad PvP Raid Guild
    Our Vids:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLwZNZlv8an4p-xNoboE7w

Characters:
    Zoe'la- AD Magplar AvA 50 x2.5
    Not Zoe'la- DC Magplar AvA 25
    Worst Healbot EU- EP Magplar AvA 20
    Diundriel- AD StamNB AvA 36
    Pugs Got Bombed- AD ManaNB AvA 36
    Cause we have dots- AD ManaSorc AvA 33
    Red Zergs Again- AD StamDen AvA 29
    Synergy Spam Bot- AD MagDK AvA 17
    Heals of Cyrodiil- AD ManaDen AvA 14
    Nawrina- DC StamDK AvA 26
    Not Ganking- StamNB PVE DD
    Stack Pls- DC ManaNB AvA 20
    Der Katzenmensch- AD AvA 30
    Der kleine Troll- DC StamDen AvA 24
    and some I deleted and new ones I am to lazy to add so well above 200 Mio AP and 6 Former Emperor Characters

PvE: multiple Flawless Conqueror Chars, vAS +2, vCloudrest +3, vRG, vKA, vCrag hms, vDSA 43,5k score ...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have one faction locked in to the 30 day map of your choice, place the other two factions in IC...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Launching a Campaign to remove Faction Locks on the forums is a bad idea that will have many Bad effects that have nothing to do with faction locks as a result.
    i love the faction locks as do many.
    deleting your characters and the choice to delete or not delete them should have nothing to do with faction locks.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is your fault for having friends instead of pledging your undying loyalty to an entirely fictional kingdom.

Get in the giant pile of people and charge towards the next emp keep.
  • Tsuriel
    Tsuriel
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I locked my chars to EP as well. Guess we'll be fighting for that queue soon enough. :)
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How?
    If you have to ask, you cannot be very familiar with Cyrodiil.

But for everyone else's benefit, here is what the rest of us are doing:

Play your favorite faction in 30-day CP.
    Play your backup faction in 30-day no-CP.
    Play your remaining faction in 7-day.

Lethal zergling
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How?

<Facepalm> Have you read my original post? All of it? Reread it please before you answer. Rereading other people's posts as many times as you need to understand them will save you from making a fool of yourself in the future.
    [snip]

[Edit to remove bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 3, 2019 11:05PM
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love faction lock ty
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How?

I don't have a favorite faction. I do have 5 mains across all factions though and i would really like to be able to play all of them in a 30 day CP campaign.
    My characters are loyal to their respective factions, but factions mean absolutely nothing to me as a player.

All this faction lock nonsense does is preventing me from playing all my 5 mains the way i want to play them.
    It simply makes no sense.
    dry.gif

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm in a similar boat except my first characters were DC and I created EP characters because a friend only had EP.

As primarily a PVE player who enjoys going into Cyrodiil every now and then, I have vested too much time in all 15 of my characters to currently consider deleting any (all are level 50 in all crafting skills and all are at least 8 trait crafters, including jewelry). I have 6 EP, 5 DC and 4 AD, with at least one of each permanently set up for PVP (CP).

Being on PS4 NA, I'm waiting to see how the lock will affect me and the campaigns. If it doesn't annoy me, I'll leave my characters as they are and simply create more if I want more in any faction. If it does annoy me, I'll wait for a couple of patches to see what happens, maybe play an alt account or level up some characters on the EU server.

I doubt I'll ever just have 1 (or even 2) factions, even though DC does have a hard time of it (in Vivec). You never know what changes may come in the future.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Helgi_Skotina
    Helgi_Skotina
    ✭✭✭
    kerthas wrote: »

Pice od crap maybe? Enemies running together in the same zones. I dont think ppl of different alliances should meer anywhere except a fight in cyro or IC. It is againg every logic.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of my chracters are DC. Nothing happened to me.

I could not play magDK because I want to be DC only + dunmer was way too best in slot + I dont have all aliance+race pack. Thats how much I am dedicated to an alliance.
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed some non-constructive and insulting comments from this thread. Please keep your posts civil, especially when you disagree with another person's view.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is exactly how I feel. Half of my characters are worthless now. I feel so cheated. In 2016 we were assured going forward that there would be One Tamriel and I invested hundreds of hours into other factions. Now what do I do with them? My only DK is not on my main faction, should I delete it and start over? Spend a bunch of crowns on horse training? Or buy more character slots? Maybe that was the true purpose all along.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just deleted the game and won’t come back till it’s fixed...i did not waste my time and money on characters i can no longer play..

Not much thought went into it
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    How?

Yeah. Blindingly obvious. But common sense isn't that common.
    And we are only locked for 30 days, but drama queens will drama.

Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How?

Yeah. Blindingly obvious. But common sense isn't that common.
    And we are only locked for 30 days, but drama queens will drama.

Do you know what is also blindingly obvious?
    Fact 1: I don't like playing in CP campaign.
    Fact 2: Playing in CP campaign gives me much, much less enjoyment.
    Fact 3: Peoplle hate being forced to do something, especially when they pay for their entertainment and/or have limited time for that entertainment.
    Fact 4: 7day campaigns are dead. They almost allways were and still will be.
    Fact 5: Playing in a dead campaign is excrutiatingly boring.
    Fact 6: You can hardly call it playing pvp if you are in place almost devoid of other players.
    [edited to remove baiting and insulting commentary]
    Edited by ZOS_RikardD on June 5, 2019 5:42PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be an extreme move in any regard unless you need space for a new toon. They are still monitoring faction locks so a reversal or change of some sort is possible.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fact 6: You can hardly call it playing pvp if you are in place almost devoid of other players.
    Of course, the overwhelming majority of PvP competitions involve 2 players.

Lethal zergling
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, the overwhelming majority of PvP competitions involve 2 players.

Yeeaahh... riiiight. Every battle between guilds involves only 2 players...
    And every siege of a castle involves only two players.
    And every battle for a resource also involves only two players.
    And every battleground match also involves only two players...
    And in all of those dueling competitions that took place, there were only two players. It's not like there was some scoreboard or a ladder.
    If thats how you understand the term "overwhelming majority" then I guess your statement that majority of players are for faction lock, gets a new meaning.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am, of course, referring to the definition of "Player versus Player". Two players opposed to each other is "PvP", by definition. More than two are not required.
    Lethal zergling
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like faction lock. The other way was like playing a game of soccer where some teammates are switching sides constantly. Wait till the campaign is over and then play on another side if you want.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I like it better this way.
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of my chracters are DC. Nothing happened to me.

I could not play magDK because I want to be DC only + dunmer was way too best in slot + I dont have all aliance+race pack. Thats how much I am dedicated to an alliance.

I only play for DC and my magDK was Redguard (despite having any race / any alliance). Couldn't care less about pointy ears passives. Fun times :wink:
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kerthas wrote: »

Pice od crap maybe? Enemies running together in the same zones. I dont think ppl of different alliances should meer anywhere except a fight in cyro or IC. It is againg every logic.

Respectfully, I don't give a skeever's hairy tail about your faction war, nor would half of tamriel. If it's your immersion breaking, pretend all those enemy faction members you see are just cousins of the ones from cyrodiil.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like faction lock. The other way was like playing a game of soccer where some teammates are switching sides constantly. Wait till the campaign is over and then play on another side if you want.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I like it better this way.

I mean there is a host of different ways to go about this. The easiest is to remove faction lock and then incorporate like a 24 hour faction lock timer. Right now I have 5 toons locked out of the big 30 day and 8 toons locked out of the no-CP 30 day for another two weeks.

That is *** absurd.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thread, same old back and forth.
This discussion has been closed.