The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Instant falling death on "God of Schemes" Main Story

Sincero580b14_ESO
At the battle for "God of Schemes" instead of floating to the ground after hitting the synergy, I am being killed in the air by falling damage before even hitting the ground.

I've read about other bugs on this quest but never one involving falling damage.

Here is a video of it happening and character information.

Server: PC NA
Class: Necromancer
Race: Khajiit
Level: 50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_UxcSs_p9E
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, that was... anticlimatic. :(

Wondering if this was a rare 1x only bug, or is happening to everybody, all the time? Sadly I cannot confirm. I either finished it on my char or I'm in the middle of the story.

Seriously zos, please fix this. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by maboleth on May 28, 2019 11:22PM
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch your step.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • TheDodge
    TheDodge
    ✭✭
    this is also happening to me :(
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that was... actually funny. So much fun and games for my lowbie necro to anticipate! :)
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of the time my golden armor buff just vanished and didn't come back even if I died and respawned.

Had to work my butt off to kill him with normal damage values.
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    They said that it was fixed a long time ago and it's happening to me now.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ No, animation didn't work 6-7 months ago and that's now fixed. However, if people get the fall damage now, that's another bug.

And I'm like this is the main quest, the ultimate fight. The fight you've been waiting for. The fight of the fights with one of the biggest characters in the game. Full theatrical.

And it fails.

Like guys, this should be the top priority to zos' quest-department. Main quests should work flawlessly.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UP.

Got the same stupid problem on PC EU...
    Edited by Aznarb on May 29, 2019 1:37PM
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    Even on EU...
  • Zeeryla
    Zeeryla
    Soul Shriven
    it is happening to me as well, im a lvl 48 necromancer.

reset the game even and still doing it, tried like 10 times, every time i got fall damage for 62k.
    think its broken.
  • Zeeryla
    Zeeryla
    Soul Shriven
    also, cant drop quest, cant use wayshrines to get out of the quest area. cant access the rest of the map.
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    You can teleport to the harborage to go back to the main quest area for the Molag Bal boss.
  • Erelah
    Erelah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I ran into this bug on my recent necro play through. I got around it with another bug. If you run to the left portion of the area there are three rocks. When Molag Bal grabs you he will not lift you up into the air and thus you will not be dropped to your death.

This will allow you to finish the mission.
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    Zeeryla wrote: »
    also, cant drop quest, cant use wayshrines to get out of the quest area. cant access the rest of the map.

Just teleport to someone in a guild or ftiendlist. Paying money to teleport to wayshrine also works.
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    Erelah wrote: »
    I ran into this bug on my recent necro play through. I got around it with another bug. If you run to the left portion of the area there are three rocks. When Molag Bal grabs you he will not lift you up into the air and thus you will not be dropped to your death.

I'll try that today. Thanks for the info.
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    same problem here.
  • Sincero580b14_ESO

Just tested this and it worked, heres the locationzucq2oazk2fm.png
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Lets hope this won't be the final "fix" but merely a poor man's workaround to this mess. :-/
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    I sprinted to the left side so Molag cant grab me.
    Then I walk behind the tree on the left.
    When he grabs, the tree prevents you from being grabbed.
    Wait for synergy.
    Activate.
    Done.
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. I finished the quest!
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must try this !
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]

• Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worked ! thanks everyone.

Here is my participation to solution for people like us who go this bug until ZoS fix it :

- 1st, when you come from quest entrance, let him grab you, synergies, die and resurrect, so we can start.
    - Then rush left before your revival-immunity effect stop.
    Try to rush this location :
    Q9HSy50.jpg
    - You should not see Molag since you'r just under him. But the animation of the game don't care and will still proc like said in other post. The rock gonna prevent you from being pull to him (so, no fall damage) but you'll still have acces to the Synergies.
    xXD89DL.jpg
    - And then..
    AkheC9j.png
    - Kill him : Done.

Thanks everyone for posting help, was very nice !

[ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]

• nomi370
    nomi370
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the solution!, works for me lol. I can finally finish this quest.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just a heads up that we do have a fix scheduled for this in next week's incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a heads up that we do have a fix scheduled for this in next week's incremental patch.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, will this fix be available for players on console release next week or at least soon after? I imagine that this issue will rightfully frustrate new players as they complete the main story line.
    Edited by Vercingetorix on May 30, 2019 2:32PM
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • mtnheathr
    mtnheathr
    Soul Shriven

Thank you so much for this. It worked to fix my glitch. Just to add more to what you already said... The rocks are on the left side at the back. Worked perfectly!!
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    This bug still exist and above recomendation doesn't work since im getting grabbed the second i step into arena.
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    Kawall wrote: »
    This bug still exist and above recomendation doesn't work since im getting grabbed the second i step into arena.

Try sprinting into it the second time.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kawall wrote: »

Of course it still exists as nothing was patched yet.