Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wall of Elements tanks my framerate

Danvul
Danvul
Tested in an area where I was getting 100 fps and shortly after I activate the ability my framerate goes down to 50. With vsync on it's even worse and goes down to 40.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would expect it to have a slight effect but not that much. What frame rate do you get in a trial like HoF? I am wondering if this has more to do with your PC, assuming you play on PC>
  • Danvul
    Danvul
    idk wrote: »
    I would expect it to have a slight effect but not that much. What frame rate do you get in a trial like HoF? I am wondering if this has more to do with your PC, assuming you play on PC>

Don't think I've played that yet. But I've had good framerates everywhere else up to now. One attack and its particle effects shouldn't cripple my framerate like this.

gfycat showing the problem in action: https://gfycat.com/AjarCoolLeafcutterant
  • Danvul
    Danvul
    This is so weird...if I fire it out in the open it's not always guranteed to lower the framerate. But if I fire it right up against a wall it's guaranteed. Seems to definitely be a bug and not just my machine being taxed by the effect.