The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zos has taken steps to even out strength and utility on abilities except for SnB

• Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templars dont use s/b front bar, nightblades and wardens dont either. So because 2 out of 5 classes fairly often use a weapon set as a primary set it is over performing? Right...

You give up a lot by running s/b. We dont need to nerf it into uselessness just because it is defensive in nature. The same players crying about s/b will just find something else to cry about when they fail to kill something.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember when blocking didn't disable stam regen? That was fun.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather see some SOFTcounters to blockhealing and buffing other skill lines instead of flat nerfs. Game has seen enough nerfs.

Nerfs are good, whatchu mean. 5 years in and I saw more nerfs than npcs, so good.

ZOS makes the game more enjoyable by nerfing everything. We're all just too dumb to see it.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t think I have been killed by someone on a SnB bar out side the triple proc meta ever
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ill take all the serious well written inputs instead of the sarcastic replies.
    SnB is overtuned
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed several baiting comments. This is a friendly reminder to keep comments constructive and civil when making your point. Personal insults and baiting comments will only derail the thread and result in its closure. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverPaws wrote: »
    So funny how many people here complain about snb are players who don't run snb at all :lol: . Sure that 2k heroic slash spam is so hard to survive :lol:
    Snb runs classes that have no viable alternative - stamdk, stamsorc.
    Also both heroic and reverb are expensive abilities on top.

I know crazy... Its almost like players who are using something don't want it nerfed, even if it is overperforming.

Legendary Archer of Valenwood and bow/bow builds okay :joy: Player like you should not comment on balance at all.
    Perhaps your inane bigotry has blinded you to see only particular views. I suggest you L2P and try something new for a change.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So funny how many people here complain about snb are players who don't run snb at all :lol: . Sure that 2k heroic slash spam is so hard to survive :lol:

I know crazy... Its almost like players who are using something don't want it nerfed, even if it is overperforming.

Legendary Archer of Valenwood and bow/bow builds okay :joy: Player like you should not comment on balance at all.
    Perhaps your inane bigotry has blinded you to see only particular views. I suggest you L2P and try something new for a change.

You are clearly not good pvp player and yet continue discussing balance when you have no clue on the topic.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are clearly not good pvp player and yet continue discussing balance when you have no clue on the topic.

You clearly have never played with, against, or watched me play.

Sometimes people make intentional choices not bent on being the #1. Like for instance some players like to play DKs so they try to be the best DK they can be and don't immediately swap to NB, Warden, etc when they get a good patch. I know its insane to FTM players like yourself, but some players enjoy the game for itself not for least common multiple performance.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just stop. Read my sig.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Wing wrote: »
    it has

no bleed
    no dot
    no aoe
    no execute
    and no high damage spamable (pierce armor can be used as a spamable, but not on the level of uppercut, snipe, etc)
    and receives half benefit from enchants

the WHOLE POINT of the line is utility, you give up every kind of relevant damage in the game FOR that utility, that's the point.

PS: listing "snare" as a utility is dumb, almost every darn skill in this game applies a "snare" its something we are all quite annoyed about.

Extremely biased answer here.

1. "no bleed" The role of bleed is to put pressure. Defile put huge pressure. You also forgot that you can bar swap to an other weapon
    2. "no dot" Stam build have either class dot or class burst. Again, you also forget that you can dot from other weapon skill line with a bar swap.
    3. "no AoE" Granted, even if it's not the purpose of the weapon
    4. "no execute" Every single decent stam build run 2h for rally/FM, the stamina execute can be on 2H.

5. "no high damage spamable" this is the worst. It has been proove several time that S&B spammable deal more damage than uppercut and especially this patch, using LA/ransack/bash deal more damage and is cheaper than using cast time skills like uppercut or snipe.

S&B is op for some reasons :

-You can have a high damage spammable (500 less damage than surpise attack) + having 60% snare + minor heroism + minor main.

-You can also choose ransack for better damage at cheaper cost (bash+ransack+major fracture is better damage than all other spammable for a cheap cost), applying major fractue and giving minor resolve.

-You can combine it with a stun that deal damage and apply MAJOR DEFILE, which is the most powerfull debuff in the game.

-You can slot one of the best defensive ultimate if your class doesn't have one : spell wall.

- By having Huge damage and utility, you also have passively the best defensive weapon in the game, giving better and cheaper block, additional resist and armor trait.

S&B is the best damage weapon for single target in PvP and also the best defensive weapon, both make it the best 1vX and 1v1 weapon in the game.

You can back bar 2h for rally/FM and add execute if needed. You can also use carve next patch for ur lovely bleed.

The fact that S&B is a better single target offensive weapon than every other one while also being the best defensive weapon make it OP. That's simple.

Running execute from another skill line isn’t related to SnB
    Running burst on dots from another skill line isn’t related to SnB
    10k heroic costs 3k Stam and also takes a lot of dmg to get it there
    No one cares about 1 v 1 and anything that adds more defense will be the better weapon in a 1 v x
    The reason it performs better than dizzy swing is b/c they nerfed a really bad skill into a now unusable skill this patch which needs to be adjusted.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even stamNB will turn to SnB now.
    Everybody can rely on SnB to carry them through hard times. It's has all the tools and fills all gaps.

Anyway dont take my word for it. Take it from the 1mil tournament competitors.

hmm, I thought they will go HA + 2H spamming cleave

S/B is OK, in fact all stam weapons should be balanced around it. It applies debuffs because it is what tank needs. The gap closer is OK for classes that don't have stam gap closers. It has a toggle (the only really useful in the game).

Sure, heroic is strong, but compare it to the new Brawler.
    Remember when blocking didn't disable stam regen? That was fun.

Stupid Nerf... they could just have reduced stam regen a 50%.

One of the few things that hurt me in this game was the moment when I deconstructed my Black Rose set =(
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    This has nothing to do with what I said. Totally irrelevant. Though your claim that 80% of open world Cyrodiil stam builds equip S&B is interesting. You are actually saying that every stam build but NBs use S&B and that seems to be a little to over the top to be accurate. I would like to see how you can back up such an audacious number.

If you carefully read what i wrote you might find that i didn´t write that - ofc you know that because you´re making a strawman argument.

You typed the message without any reference to anyone else making the comment and now claim they were not your words. Then claim what I clearly pointed out as false in how it was worded by try to call me out for making a straw man argument. LOL.

I merely called out what was clearly made up numbers. Nothing else. Do not get on my case because you did not word your statement very well.

Edit: I will not bother replying to any comment you make on this matter. Anyone who bothers to look at the history will see you and you alone made those comments with nothing to attribute them to anyone else leaving only one conclusion, you wrote them and the statement above where you say you "didn't write that" is clearly false making the strawman comment equally as false. Facts speak for themselves very clearly.

But again, your comment had nothing to do with what I had said so it really seems you are just trying to start an argument. Also, Zos made it clear this update was a pass on class skills and weapon skills were not the focus, as has been pointed out. Cheers.
    Edited by idk on May 20, 2019 5:17PM
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    it has

no bleed
    no dot
    no aoe
    no execute
    and no high damage spamable (pierce armor can be used as a spamable, but not on the level of uppercut, snipe, etc)

the WHOLE POINT of the line is utility, you give up every kind of relevant damage in the game FOR that utility, that's the point.

PS: listing "snare" as a utility is dumb, almost every darn skill in this game applies a "snare" its something we are all quite annoyed about.

Extremely biased answer here.

1. "no bleed" The role of bleed is to put pressure. Defile put huge pressure. You also forgot that you can bar swap to an other weapon
    2. "no dot" Stam build have either class dot or class burst. Again, you also forget that you can dot from other weapon skill line with a bar swap.
    3. "no AoE" Granted, even if it's not the purpose of the weapon
    4. "no execute" Every single decent stam build run 2h for rally/FM, the stamina execute can be on 2H.

5. "no high damage spamable" this is the worst. It has been proove several time that S&B spammable deal more damage than uppercut and especially this patch, using LA/ransack/bash deal more damage and is cheaper than using cast time skills like uppercut or snipe.

S&B is op for some reasons :

-You can have a high damage spammable (500 less damage than surpise attack) + having 60% snare + minor heroism + minor main.

-You can also choose ransack for better damage at cheaper cost (bash+ransack+major fracture is better damage than all other spammable for a cheap cost), applying major fractue and giving minor resolve.

-You can combine it with a stun that deal damage and apply MAJOR DEFILE, which is the most powerfull debuff in the game.

-You can slot one of the best defensive ultimate if your class doesn't have one : spell wall.

- By having Huge damage and utility, you also have passively the best defensive weapon in the game, giving better and cheaper block, additional resist and armor trait.

S&B is the best damage weapon for single target in PvP and also the best defensive weapon, both make it the best 1vX and 1v1 weapon in the game.

You can back bar 2h for rally/FM and add execute if needed. You can also use carve next patch for ur lovely bleed.

The fact that S&B is a better single target offensive weapon than every other one while also being the best defensive weapon make it OP. That's simple.

Running execute from another skill line isn’t related to SnB
    Running burst on dots from another skill line isn’t related to SnB
    10k heroic costs 3k Stam and also takes a lot of dmg to get it there
    No one cares about 1 v 1 and anything that adds more defense will be the better weapon in a 1 v x
    The reason it performs better than dizzy swing is b/c they nerfed a really bad skill into a now unusable skill this patch which needs to be adjusted.

^ This. Using other weapons skill lines to say that sword and board is too good makes no sense.

A big reason why people probably use sword and board is because they have failed to design dizzy swing and flurry in a way that functions in pvp. There is a reason why no one uses sword and board for dps in pve, it's because it does a LOT less damage.
  • Militan1404
    Militan1404
    ✭✭✭
    100% Agree OP. Definitely need to change the SnB passive that gives 5% weapon damage to 2.5% weapon and 2.5% spell damage. It's a nerf... and a buff for some of us. ;)

Why on earth should sword&board do mag dmg??? Dosent make any sense at all

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    100% Agree OP. Definitely need to change the SnB passive that gives 5% weapon damage to 2.5% weapon and 2.5% spell damage. It's a nerf... and a buff for some of us. ;)

Why on earth should sword&board do mag dmg??? Dosent make any sense at all

mDK and magplar have to run S/B since both are classes with a melee spammable. Besides, 2.5 % spell and wpn dmg do not harm tanks
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    it has

no bleed
    no dot
    no aoe
    no execute

10k heroic slash in PvP good enough for a spammable?

Defenders of SnB in pvp will pretend its not OP until they see every NB running it next patch. They honestly should have been doing it 2 patches ago. I won't be in PvP after Monday, so I can enjoy the laughs on the forums when people realize how OP it is.

I've run SnB nightblade since console launch.........Its always been good.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭

I think players like u should not be allowed to write in the forums :joy: . Why do u think literally everybody except stamina nbs are running sword and board in duels- and stamina nbs also run them in tournaments because its just stronger, but atleast u can slaughter all the squishies with 2h/bow at the duel spot. Why is every duel tournament won by sword and board users - atleast on PC EU. And why is more than half of cyro running sword and board as a main skillline:

- 1st of all: stam dk/ stam sorc lack a viable alternative to heroic slash - lets be fair every spammable in the game is weaker as heroic slash except maybe SA - so pretty sure that in duels even as stamblade heroic slash will be better this patch
    - 2nd of all: bashcanceling gives ur more dps than other skilllines and blockcanceling makes u quite tanky. Block migation is quite absurd and the lack of abilities countering block compared to rolldodge makes it a very easy to use defense...
    - 3rd: major defile is too strong for an ultimate but seemingly not for a Sword and Board player :trollface: .
    - 4th: Snb Ult is rly good for tanking openworld like 5-6 guys.

Sword and board should be a utility defense skillline and not the best skillline for pressure giving great defense ontop. The sad part is that u dont even notice a big difference between many stam classes since they almost only weaponskills. - Another slash spammer ...

@idk so ur not diversifying between a complain that is based on argumentation and a complain for the sake of complaining. I see u in every thread telling everybody that they are wrong - but u seem to be never on topic... But probably thats why u got 10 stars.
    Edited by Murador178 on May 21, 2019 4:16PM
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murador178 wrote: »

I think players like u should not be allowed to write in the forums :joy: . Why do u think literally everybody except stamina nbs are running sword and board in duels- and stamina nbs also run them in tournaments because its just stronger, but atleast u can slaughter all the squishies with 2h/bow at the duel spot. Why is every duel tournament won by sword and board users - atleast on PC EU. And why is more than half of cyro running sword and board as a main skillline:

- 1st of all: stam dk/ stam sorc lack a viable alternative to heroic slash - lets be fair every spammable in the game is weaker as heroic slash except maybe SA - so pretty sure that in duels even as stamblade heroic slash will be better this patch
    - 2nd of all: bashcanceling gives ur more dps than other skilllines and blockcanceling makes u quite tanky. Block migation is quite absurd and the lack of abilities countering block compared to rolldodge makes it a very easy to use defense...
    - 3rd: major defile is too strong for an ultimate but seemingly not for a Sword and Board player :trollface: .

Sword and board should be a utility defense skillline and not the best skillline for pressure giving great defense ontop. The sad part is that u dont even notice a big difference between many stam classes since they almost only weaponskills. - Another slash spammer ...

@idk so ur not diversifying between a complain that is based on argumentation and a complain for the sake of complaining. I see u in every thread telling everybody that they are wrong - but u seem to be never on topic... But probably thats why u got 10 stars.

You have no idea what are you talking about, but i leave it here to you forum experts. No point arguing here anymore :smiley:
    Edited by SilverPaws on May 21, 2019 7:37PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murador178 wrote: »

LOL. I was on topic yet your reply to my comment had nothing to do with my comment and created a strawman argument that is clearly false yet you make this kind of comment in reply.

I agree with @silverpaws
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dueling does not matter from a game balance perspective. Stop using that in your arguments...
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be sad to see SB go to just tanking. In what world is SB not a viable choice for offensive combat? And I don’t even run that setup in PvP most of the time. It’s just nice to have the option. 2H is garbage and really only good for rally/fm and it’s passives. The gap closer and execute are nice but mostly luxuries if you have the bar space. DW is really just good for rending slashes or spin to win cheese if that’s even a thing anymore and you want to play that way. Currently SB is the only melee option with multiple weavable attacks that provides classes like Stamplar and Stam sorc a way to get fracture and defile. Otherwise we really have no options. Stam sorcs have 0 debuffs via their class and Stamplar only gets minor fracture. This is so far behind other classes it’s a joke.
    Edited by Vapirko on May 22, 2019 3:53AM
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2 hand execute and crit charge aren't luxuries... and the new carve and brawler are both very good too.

2H, dual wield, and s/b all have strengths and that's balanced. 2h and dw spammables aren't reliable and that's what needs to be fixed, not nerfing s/b because its niche is 1v1s.
  • Beffagorn
    Beffagorn
    ✭✭✭
    OP uses a DW bleed-dot-spin2win build (possibily with deadly strike too), complains about SnB not being "evened out"

This must be a joke, right?
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beffagorn wrote: »
    OP uses a DW bleed-dot-spin2win build (possibily with deadly strike too), complains about SnB not being "evened out"

What if I told you that I dont?
    Then what?
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s a lie.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Beffagorn
    Beffagorn
    ✭✭✭

Then what?

I'll give you a hint. Naming your stamdk like your forum account name isn't the best way to not be recognized ingame.

You could deny using that build, but i'm not sure how useful that would be. I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one that has encountered you ingame.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it has

no bleed
    no dot
    no aoe
    no execute

How can you compare piece armor to snipe or dizzy? That alone just invalidates everything youve said as snipe and dizzy have cast times and are not comparable.

FYI, piece armor bash cancel does more damage than dizzy so theres that.

It is overperforming.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Then what?

I'll give you a hint. Naming your stamdk like your forum account name isn't the best way to not be recognized ingame.

You could deny using that build, but i'm not sure how useful that would be. I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one that has encountered you ingame.

You were 100% wrong on the gear sets.
    Mind you I have been calling for master DW nerfs so there you are again without anything to add to the SnB discussion. Bye
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on May 23, 2019 12:04PM
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it has

no bleed
    no dot
    no aoe
    no execute

How can you compare piece armor to snipe or dizzy? That alone just invalidates everything youve said as snipe and dizzy have cast times and are not comparable.

FYI, piece armor bash cancel does more damage than dizzy so theres that.

It is overperforming.

Telling that pierce armor with bash does more damage than burst build with dizzy :lol: You have no idea what you talk about :smiley: