The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What would be a good set to use instead of Relequin?

RaptorRodeoGod
RaptorRodeoGod
✭✭✭✭✭
I have the normal Relequin set, but are there any sets that give a similar DPS increase and provide more AOE damage?
Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
---
Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly? No. Relequen is what keeps Stamboys on par with Magboys. If you drop Relequen for whatever set you will lose Single Target DPS no matter what. You can still do something like War Machine + AY just fine though.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly? No. Relequen is what keeps Stamboys on par with Magboys. If you drop Relequen for whatever set you will lose Single Target DPS no matter what. You can still do something like War Machine + AY just fine though.

If your goal is single target DPS, relequen really is in a class by itself. That said, for a lot of 4 man content, especially the arenas, I run Vicious Ophidian all day. On classes with cheap ultimates, War Machine is also nice.
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so many good stam sets and if you just listen to min/maxers you will lose out on trying other combos.

My main does run the Veli/Relequin/ AY set.

But a lot of my other stam toons run
    War Machine
    Briarheart
    Sprighans
    Hundings
    Leviathan
    Deadly Strike.

My one toon that runs Stormfist War Machine and Briarheart feels like it hits harder then my mains set up.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VO + Steel Tornado spam for aoe.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree with @Oreyn_Bearclaw. If you are looking strictly to run AOE heavy builds, VO's stamina pool, cost cutting, and regen is the way to go. All the above work too. Don't forget about TFS, either. Used to be meta once upon a time and still is king in places like BRP and DSA.

But since most AOE comes from the bow, Hawk's Eye could be a decent base instead of VO if you aren't concerned about regen.