Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unlink Steam Account

emaldonado
emaldonado
✭✭
Hi all,

I´m recently having issues playing ESO from Steam, I will submit a ticket to transfer my account to the ESO launcher without Steam but I have some questions, and hope you can help me please.

1. Do I will lost all my progress if I transfer my account?
2. I have the 2 expansions bought (morrowind, summerset) do I have to buy them again?
3. I have crowns , it will be lost for the transfer?
4. Do I have to buy again the base game?

thats my questions, thank you.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @emaldonado

Here are the answers to your questions regarding switching to the ESO launcher.

1. You will not lose progress on your account.
    2. This will depend on where you purchased these chapters.
    3. Your current crown count would remain the same.
    4. You need to purchase a non-Steam copy of ESO to play directly through the ESO launcher without Steam.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What BillE said, I have only heard of players having to buy the base game again to abandon Steam and the issues ESO players regularly have with Steam that those two companies seem unable to figure out a solution.

I would ask @ZOS_BillE for more details about #2.

1. Depends on what? Does it mean if you purchased it via Steam you have to buy it again (or subscribe in the case of Morrowind)?
    2. If you bought Morrowind and Summerset via Steam and transfer to ESO launcher via point #4 will you lose any Warden characters and the Psijic lines unlocked and leveled on multiple characters?

That is all the worthy follow up I can think of.

I would suggest to Zos that if this issue is on their end to fix it as it happens so often and for such lengthy periods that many of your players cannot log in that this should be considered a serious issue. If the problem lies with Steam then I do not understand why Zos would not have put their feet to the fire considering the huge revenues Steam makes off ESO and all the TES games. You are in control either way.

Valve created Steam because they did not like how Microsoft did things. Maybe it is time for your parent company to do similar.
    Edited by idk on April 23, 2019 5:10PM
  • emaldonado
    emaldonado
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @emaldonado

Here are the answers to your questions regarding switching to the ESO launcher.

1. You will not lose progress on your account.
    2. This will depend on where you purchased these chapters.
    3. Your current crown count would remain the same.
    4. You need to purchase a non-Steam copy of ESO to play directly through the ESO launcher without Steam.

1. I bought those chapters on steam, but that it's account attached? Or I have to buy that chapters again?

2. Do I need to submit a ticket to proceed to the account migration or just buy the base game a download it again from ESO website then type just my account and everything goes normal?

3. Same questions from @idk

Thank you for your quick replies @ZOS_BillE
    Edited by emaldonado on April 23, 2019 5:18PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be good to have a page in the help section detailing all this since this is not the first person to ask in the forums. It makes sense because Zos makes more money even though it is an issue they have direct control over.
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    I de-restricted my steam account by logging into the ESO website using the same ESO account I have through steam then purchased the "Collection". Now I can login with or without Steam. I know others have done this even with just buying the base game again and not lost anything.