The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Beta test for The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr, but..

Manniala
Manniala
✭✭✭
Hey, thx for the invite, but i have a little problem

I let the computer stay up all night downloading, but when i got up, i found that the client was closed, so i started it up and after a few mins, it closed again with the little note from Bitdefender.

Feature: Ransomware remediation
The process D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls Online\Launcher\Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe manifests ransomware behavior and was blocked. Your files have been protected from being altered.

How can Bitdefender think its a ransomware, what does the launcher do that makes Bitdefender think this?

I tried to disable the ransomware crap in Bitdefender, yeah now it started downloading, so 4 hours later, i got another notice from my system, OUT OF DISK SPACE, and im WTF i had over 150 gb space on that SSD, and yeah it was at 4kb left, so i looked at the ESP folder, and yep Elsweyr had eaten all the space, but im just errm is it really that big, 2 x EsO?

So i thought, ah the heck with it, and manually deleted the PTS, and i wanted to pick another location for the install, but errm NO options to pick another location WTF? How can you not have an option to pick where to install PTS or anything :/

I then found a post on the net, telling me to install the launcher again, so i had 2 x launcher, one for normal ESO and one for the PTS, great idea what a smart person that came up with that, so because you guys do not for some reason, let us pick where to install a PTS, we have to install 2 x launchers, is that not a but MEEEEP?

Oh you want to get a second toilet for your house, yeah here is what you do, you buy another house and WOLA you got 2 x toilets, it's that easy, seems a bit stupid right, so what about you put in an option for this? And then not telling us in the launcher "Downloading 69........ MB remaining, when the game then eats over 150 gb, or did some thing go wrong due to the Malware thing? If so, should your launcher then not auto delete the "bad" filed when you start up and not just, ignore it, and just download everything again, make the launcher look in the "The Elder Scrolls Online PTS" folder, if there is some junk that isn't needed, and then clean up. Since i have no clue what the problem was, the game just way larger (yeah seams unlikely but hey who knows), or its due to the *** of Bitdefender or what, but putting it to download again, just to notice ah the game was that big, so i wasted even more hours.

So what i HOPE for now is i find out that the The Elder Scrolls Online PTS is not taking up that 150+ gb, and i then may be able to move it manually back to where i wanted it in the first place, and that the same launcher i use for ESO then recognizes that there is a PTS, in the same directory as it would had installed it, i do not want 2 x launcher, seems overkill.

Anyway, think you should pout in some code that cleans up failed installs (if this was the case, will find out in some hours when its done downloading), or contact Bitdefender to let them know that Bitdefender Total Security 2019 is blaming your products for some thing that is legit, since i can't be the only one that ran into this problem.
in Bitdefender i have enabled "Safe Files" in there i then have my Games dir and a lot of other, for Bitdefender to monitor for ransomware, in case you guys want to test it out yourself.

Anyway thx for the invite, and do not hope i was to harsh with my writings, i tend to write it that way hmm.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Manniala

To resolve your issue with Bitdefender flagging your PTS install, you may need to add the entire install folder as an exception in the program. You would want to add the following folder listed below:
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post