The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Are prologue quests available always?

sithyus
sithyus
Soul Shriven
I missed Murkmire prologue quest and I probably will miss Elsweyr's too. Is there a way to do them after? Do I lose anything storywise or achievement kinda thing?
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I too would be interested in hearing an answer to this for confirmation.

But I swear some of the old prologue quests are still available.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Yup! You can still do this after Elsweyr launches.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can you confirm that this is the case for all the other prologue quests?
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    [Can you confirm that this is the case for all the other prologue quests?

It is, you can play them all

Source: Played them myself first hand.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah they're all still available, but the Quest Starter in the Crown Store will disappear at some point. Which just means you'll have to start it from the quest giver directly rather than from the item.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yay!

I just restarted again after a year and, with 10 toons per server, I'm only just out of Soul Shriven Cold Harbour for NA.

On to EU tonight!
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derlfak wrote: »
    [Can you confirm that this is the case for all the other prologue quests?

It is, you can play them all

Source: Played them myself first hand.

Thanks. I'm still pretty new to the PC platform.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can find the prologue quest for murkmire at the wayshrine of the first major cities of your alliance. Its the one talking about Cyrodilic collections.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

It should be, yes.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the answer would be yes but it is wonderful to have that verified! Thank you! :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The earlier prologue quests are still there, scattered throughout the game. However, they're no longer featured in the Crown Store. There's no real downside to this, aside from no longer having the quest starting items, but otherwise they're there.

That said, it can be a little tricky to recognize them at a glance, as they're presented as random sidequests without any fanfair (after the quest starter's been removed from the Store.)

Alesso Guillon starts The Missing Prophecy (Morrowind)
    The Order of the Eye Dispatch starts Of Knifes and Long Shadows (Clockwork City)
    Vanus Galerion hangs out in the Vulkhel Guard, Daggerfall, and Davon's Watch Mages Guilds offering Through a Veil Darkly (Summerset), though this one is a little complicated, because because Vanus can also appear there during the course of Messages Across Tamriel, meaning at certain points in the game, it's possible for there to be two Vanuses in the same room.
    Finally, Concordia Mercius offers Ruthless Competition (Mirkmire)