Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DNS Issues preventing login to PC NA and accessing www.elderscrollsonline.com

Icy
Icy
✭✭✭✭
Myself and a friend (in different Australian cities) were kicked out of the PC NA server about an hour ago and haven't been able to log back in. Other people I know in Australia are reporting similar issues, though I know other people who are fine. I also can't open www.elderscrollsonline.com or help.elderscrollsonline.com*. (I can reach the PC EU server.)

It appears to be a dns resolution problem (see pic) with the biggest Australian ISPs (Telstra/Bigpond and Optus). Most overseas data will funnel thru Telstra.

sm5id5348rko.png

Any ideas?

* I can obviously reach forums.elderscrollsonline.com, but that's because they're hosted by vanillacommunities.com
Edited by Icy on March 21, 2019 10:41AM
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    I have a different route from Aus. Pics are in the link. hopefully it will be fixed soon

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5907894#Comment_5907894
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using google dns servers and can resolve IP addresses but can't connect to www, accounts or log in to the game.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.648]
    (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    >nslookup
    Default Server:  google-public-dns-a.google.com
    Address:  2001:4860:4860::8888

> www.elderscrollsonline.com
    Server:  google-public-dns-a.google.com

Non-authoritative answer:
    Name:    live.us.web.elderscrollsonline.com
    Address:  198.20.198.103
    Aliases:  www.elderscrollsonline.com

> account.elderscrollsonline.com
    Server:  google-public-dns-a.google.com

Non-authoritative answer:
    Name:    account.elderscrollsonline.com
    Address:  198.20.198.131

>

I've hidden your signature.
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For reference, am using Internode.
    I've hidden your signature.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone who is unable to reach help.elderscrollsonline.com in order to start a customer support ticket about this issue, please send me a private message with the following information:

We are currently investigating an issue with players unable to reach our help site or login to the game. You can also try using a different connection such as mobile to start a support ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • thom_ESO
    thom_ESO
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    For anyone who is unable to reach help.elderscrollsonline.com in order to start a customer support ticket about this issue, please send me a private message with the following information:

I don't have the option to send a private message within the forums. I don't have the option from the icons next to my username, and when I try to use this link to do so directly https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/messages/add I get a page saying "you don't have permission to do that."

For what it's worth, I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area and my ISP is Wave.
    Edited by thom_ESO on March 21, 2019 7:04PM
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    This issue appeared to still be present when I first logged back in to check this morning, with a timeout on www.elderscrollsonline.com. I did another nslookup check and I got a resolution on the name from my ISP via my modem. I was about to DM @ZOS_BillE when I realised I could access the help page again (as I clicked on the Game consultant logs link in the message above), so I checked the main page again it worked.

The launcher is working again and the game can see the announcements for the PC NA server as well.

@lokulin I am also on Internode

I guess it's all working again, at least for me.

Thank you

(For the record, the NSW Telstra public DNS servers as per https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Broadband-nbn/How-To-Check-Your-DNS-Settings/ta-p/181966 can't even resolve their own names this morning. The Optus DNS servers are resolving themselves but still not resolving www.elderscrollsonline.com so there may still be issues for players in Australia).
    Edited by Icy on March 21, 2019 9:29PM
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Tzevaot
    Tzevaot
    I'm having exactly the same problem, I'm from São Paulo / Brazil