The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Been stuck on the character load page... How long can this take?

Stella_Lumia
Stella_Lumia
Soul Shriven
They told me after the current update (last night/evening ) that ESO would it be slower than usual to load (LOL I'd like a definition of slow from these guys, just so I know WTF is happening) but once you get a character to load into the game then it would return to business as usual.
However, I have a character stuck at the requesting character page. Now, this has taken 13+ hours so far if I was in the northern hemisphere i would react a bit more "vociferously" than I have today. Because I was sleeping - which is a curious custom of my people practiced mostly at night of course a true master is the one that can sleep pretty much anywhere and/or during the daylight hours.
So I wake up and it's still "requesting" character load. At this point it surely must be a the update causing this as I had no issues with ESO prior to this update.

Do I risk quitting and then try to get it to load again?
it's still logging in? Huh... really ESO do you want to see me when I'm going crazy? I don't even want to see me going crazy because it's a grab bag of fun that I have to reach into it to see what kind of crazy i am today.

TL;DR Character stuck on load (already 13hrs) WTF?

Also for that bad joke.. "I'll get me coat"
Rubbish, but ambitious
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Stella_Lumia

If you're still stuck at a requesting character load screen, you should quit out and perform the following two troubleshooting steps.

Remove any mods or add-ons

To completely remove add-ons, you should perform the following steps:

PC:
    1. Go to the "Elder Scrolls Online" folder in My Documents.
    2. Open the "live" folder (NA megaserver) or "liveeu" (EU megaserver).
    3. Remove all files from the "AddOns" folder.
    4. Remove all files from the "SavedVariables" folder.
    5. Remove AddOnSettings.txt from the "live" folder.

Repair through launcher

To run a repair through the launcher:
    1. Start The Elder Scrolls Online launcher.
    2. Click on Game Option on top of the News section, and click on the option for Repair.
    3. Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This will take some time.
    4. If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.

After repairing, login with your character and see if you have the same issue. Please let us know if you see any improvement in loading times.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post