The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game Crashes Continually

Sixsixsix161
Sixsixsix161
✭✭✭
After the repair program finished, I selected PLAY, and the program crashed immediately.
It keeps doing this every time I select Play.
Below is a copy of the error report I get each time.

====================================================================
eso encountered a fatal error. (Error 11)
Description: Client Fatal Error
====================================================================

[reporter]
version = 0.01

[extra]
ProductName = eso
Version = eso.live.4.3.5.1744405
branch = live
client.executablebits = 64
client.mode = startup
client.renderertype = D3D11
client.session_start_timestamp = 2019-02-26T03:38:59.099+19:00
client.timestamp = 2019-02-26T03:38:59.573+19:00 -frme 0-
computer.name = DESKTOP-JV35M3L
computer.user = John
cpu.arch = 9
cpu.count = 8
cpu.level = 6
cpu.type = 8664
data.depotid = 4000
data.dir = C:/Program Files (x86)/Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online/
data.syncm = databuild
data.version = 4000.win.1737174.live.1737116
exe.buildnum = 1744405
exe.opt = release
exe.reltype = public
exe.type = client
fe.code = 11
fe.descrip = Client Fatal Error
gfx.description = 25.21.14.1722
gfx.deviceid = 5122.424818754.161
gfx.driver = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
gfx.vendorid = 4318
mem.system_physical = 16341
os.osbits = 64
os.platform = windows
os.version = 10.0.17763.
ptime = 549
reportfield.ver = 3
version.major = 4
version.patch = 3
version.subpatch = 5
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try asking support in game with /bug ?
  • NeoXanthus
    NeoXanthus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got the same thing only with one character. I crashed to desktop about every 10 min with only a single character all others seem to be fine. Never seen anything like this.
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but I don't even get to the character screen, it crashes after I push the Play button.
  • kristoffermarkussenb16_ESO
    Same here, the second I press "Play" on the launcher, I get that very same error message. I don't even get to the splash screen. What can I do? I've tried repair, don't have any addons, I have latest drivers AND the game worked JUST FINE up until the patch a few days ago. This is NOT on my end!
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    I posted it on the bug forum last night, no help from ZOS.

I researched the error and did what was recommended, no help.

So, I think I'm going to re-install the game. The repair program doesn't work either.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If the fatal error troubleshooting here has not helped, the next step you can take is clearing out the program data folder. The steps for doing so are below.
    1. Navigate to the folder where the ESO Launcher is installed.
    2. Locate the folder titled ProgramData and delete it.
    3. In the folder where "ProgramData" was located, find the files "host.developer.Xlog" ("X" will be a number) and delete all of them except the one without a number (it should just be "host.developer.log").
    4. Restart the ESO Launcher and see if the issue persists.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • AresPL
    AresPL
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    If the fatal error troubleshooting here has not helped, the next step you can take is clearing out the program data folder. The steps for doing so are below.
    1. Navigate to the folder where the ESO Launcher is installed.
    2. Locate the folder titled ProgramData and delete it.
    3. In the folder where "ProgramData" was located, find the files "host.developer.Xlog" ("X" will be a number) and delete all of them except the one without a number (it should just be "host.developer.log").
    4. Restart the ESO Launcher and see if the issue persists.

My girlfriend is experiencing same thing, although instead of error 11 it say eso has stopped working, everything else is same.
    Same like this guy she have windows 10 on my windows 8.1 no problems.

Deleting ProgramData and logs didn't help.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @AresPL

If your girlfriend has went through the fatal error troubleshooting above with no success, the next step is to open a ticket with customer support for additional help.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • AresPL
    AresPL
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @AresPL

If your girlfriend has went through the fatal error troubleshooting above with no success, the next step is to open a ticket with customer support for additional help.

Mhm did that, in my latest reply i mentioned that all drivers are newest same with windows update, and i have received answer that i should check if i have newest drivers

Very helpful... so on monday will be 1 week from when my girlfriend can't play, we both have eso plus, why are her moneys taken when support isn't doing their job.
  • thevalliant
    thevalliant
    Soul Shriven
    Last night (March 2) my game crashed to desktop while it was loading up my char (Vvardenfell, ftr). Following attempts to run it had it crash even before it reached character selection. I tried to repair, but got stuck infinitely (like 20' on) at 4% or smt. Restarted my PC and again it crashed just after the 'requesting character...', at the area loading screen.

In an attempt to check if it was smt about my PC or the game's server side (character login server, in particular) I chose to log in to the NA server, instead of my usual EU one. It worked and I was able to play normally there, no issues at all. Logged out, switched back to EU, tried again... Nope, crashed to desktop while trying to fetch my character & area info.

Has anyone had that before? Last night or in general?
    Seems to be working today btw. so just wondering really.