The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

I cannot play because the launcher won't launch - It freezes

Maulie
Maulie
Soul Shriven
I could not play last month for several weeks then you got it fixed. But now I have been unable to play for two weeks and counting. The launcher comes up, starts to download, and freezes. Although it has stopped responding to users if you watch it in Task Manager you can see memory usage and disk usage slowly ramp up. After a few minutes it simply dies. I have been playing/subscribing since ESO was in beta. But I was locked out of the forums too because I do not have access to that old email address. Well I am back on the forums now.

But I am going to stop renewing because you cannot keep the game functional. And there is really no active tech support. I have been through all the silly instructions and they do nothing to help.

I wish you would take notice of how many people are starting the launcher and having it lock up and fail to load the game.

It is a problem on your server that causes the launcher to freeze. If you cannot fix it I have to cancel my subscription because I won't pay month after month and being locked out of the game 70% of the time.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As there is already an ongoing thread regarding the launcher issues, we are going to close this discussion. We are still looking into this issue and solutions as described here. Please use this thread for any further commentary specific to the launcher issues that started on September 4th.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.