Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stop asking for more Tokens

CaptainVenom
CaptainVenom
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS just gave you a gift. It's a courtesy and nothing more, and they could give us nothing if they want. [snip]

That said, just STOP, for God's sake.

[Edit for bait.]
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 18, 2019 7:26PM
🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, some people did build a character based on specific setups, like race and class. I can understand their rage as time is quite precious and their min-maxing should be respected as a valid playstyle just like mine - which is only sticking to a single toon, or others who are casuals.

The problem with the race balancing is that some of those setups, like Dunmer Magicka DKs, got a big nerf. And many have more than just one of those.

I don't think people HAVE to be completely compensated like some who are asking for 1 race change per character, but I don't think they are an ass for asking for it. It's completely understandable that they don't want their Meta toon to suddenly sink to the bottom of the tier list.
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked my Xbox today and received absolutely no token
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latios wrote: »
    Well, some people did build a character based on specific setups, like race and class. I can understand their rage as time is quite precious and their min-maxing should be respected as a valid playstyle just like mine - which is only sticking to a single toon, or others who are casuals.

The problem with the race balancing is that some of those setups, like Dunmer Magicka DKs, got a big nerf. And many have more than just one of those.

I don't think people HAVE to be completely compensated like some who are asking for 1 race change per character, but I don't think they are an ass for asking for it. It's completely understandable that they don't want their Meta toon to suddenly sink to the bottom of the tier list.

I hate entitlement etc, however so understand some back chat, and its not just about min max (which they are improving as they are leveling races out a bit, but people still feel they HAVE to change even though its a minimal thing)

HOWEVER I dont think its just min maxers, I think appealing to the softer side, as a game long Dunmer with one main, the vibe of my passive are just bland. dont feel like they fit.

Likewise i'd love to magika Imperial more from the ideal, however that class IS staying niche (but not actually that good at its niche)

Odd fit is more the reason to change.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but pepole are getting tired of all these drastic changes.
    ZOS should have buffed the underpowered races instead doing complete overall "balance".
    Maybe u dont have alot of chars, Maybe you didnt bought tokens for ur chars based on specific builds u wanted to make, but there are many others that did on every single char.

Such drastic change cant come after 5 years post release and expect that the playerbase, will not get mad.
    So yeah, they should give much more than 1 token.
    Edited by amir412 on January 18, 2019 10:09PM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no way. I won't pay for their poor balance mistakes and I don't see anyone lining up to do so either. Are you going to pay for our tokens? no so let us ask for what is right. The players can play the way they want. They pay for this game too. So stop knocking us for holding ZOS accountable. They should do the right thing here. It'S as simple as that.
    Edited by Arrodisia on January 18, 2019 2:03PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS just gave you a gift. It's a courtesy and nothing more, and they could give us nothing if they want. [snip]

[Edit for bait.]
    The problem is normally when ZOS makes radical changes to something (like a class) there is a period where we get free or massively reduced costs in respecs for our characters.

This time however as the changes may warrant a full race change people can't get that discount on all their characters and many have more than one max level character they will want to change due toe the balance pass.

TBH I feel ZOS would be better not giving out racial tokens but finding some way that everyone can do it for free in game for a period of time or adding an in game item (bound to character) which they can place on each persons character.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 18, 2019 7:29PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My opinion is that asking for more is OK. It doesn't hurt to ask because some people could use more than one. Crying, insulting the devs, the company, or past, present and future employees is not acceptable. But people have every right to their own opinion.

Personally, I would rather have respec scrolls than a race change token that I won't use. Because they will be bound, more would not do me any good.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just play Khajiits, they pretty much mediocre at everything. You'd never notice the change in racial stats.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    TBH I feel ZOS would be better not giving out racial tokens but finding some way that everyone can do it for free in game for a period of time or adding an in game item (bound to character) which they can place on each persons character.

Exactly.

I don't believe handing out more tokens is what ZOS should do, but rather that they should just allow players to change their races for free for a certain amount of time after Update 21 goes live.

Whenever a major skill rework occurred in the game players were refunded their skill points and/or allowed to respec for a cheaper price if not for free. So I don't see why ZOS can't do the same in this situation since this would involve having to spend actual money. Which, for those who have 10+ characters, would add up rather quickly. And that doesn't even take into consideration players who would need to purchase Any Race Any Alliance. Then there's also the new chapter which was just announced and put up for pre-order. The costs of playing ESO are high enough as it is, so it would just be a nice gesture if ZOS gave players the ability to change their race for free for a short amount of time.
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Min/maxers should be used to change anyway.

So go ahead and min/max. Do your thing and show us what you got.

Your whining in the forums we are all used to.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I WANT MORE TOKENS :'(
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never got any token
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never got any token

Nobody did yet....not until new content gets released
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another big reason why this isn't like anything else is because unlike anything else, the only options to deal with this are either reroll your character (erasing any and all mount training you've accomplished, erasing any and all achievements/titles/etc you've unlocked, erasing any and all skill line grinds you've done such as Mages Guild or Psijic Order, erasing any and all emotional ties to that character, and just wasting your time for something that really didn't need to be fixed), or fork out real-world money for additional race change tokens. And not a small amount, either. $30 AUD per character. That's more than what the base game sells for.

The comparison to other changes starts and stops at them being changes to how the game plays. These changes are unlike anything we've ever seen before, and the only options to deal with them are either waste potentially hundreds maybe thousands of hours, or sink your hard earned cash into the game.
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's very telling that when ZOS made big changes to the champion point system, they reduced the cost of respec to 1 gold (or it was free, dont remember, but the point is that it was very cheap), and yet when they change race passives, where respecs can only come from the Crown store, they suddenly can only afford to give us 1 free race change.

If it isn't an obvious cash grab I don't know what is.

In the past they have been happy to give us reduced cost of respec when they make big changes for a 2 week/month period so people can have the chance to test things if they dont have access to the pts.

So the only reason why they haven't done it this time is supposedly because race changes cost crowns and they want to make money off the player base who have a lot of characters who now need race changes.

You can of course say, well people don't need race changes, it's not that important, this is just a game blah blah but at the end of the day, a lot of people put a lot of effort into their characters, intending them to be best at a certain thing, when ZOS makes changes to those things so their character is no longer the best, it's not only frustrating but also feels randomly unfair that to get back to where I was before I have to cough up $20 per character for the privilege. Gee thanks!
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[Edit for bait.]

That's not a courtesy. That's an insult.

It's a thinly veiled ploy to push oldtime players into the Crown Store for race change tokens.

The fact that so many of you are shilling for this makes me sick. When did people become sniffling sycophants for greedy corporations?
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 18, 2019 7:31PM
    PC-NA Goat
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS just gave you a gift. It's a courtesy and nothing more, and they could give us nothing if they want. If you get something for free and still complain about it, you're an ass.

[Edit for bait.]

It's a thinly veiled ploy to push oldtime players into the Crown Store for race change tokens.

The fact that so many of you are shilling for this makes me sick. When did people become sniffling sycophants for greedy corporations?

Who says that you HAVE TO buy race change tokens? You don't need to do that.

Of course it is in the crown store, but remember also that this was highly requested by the community a lot of months ago. So ZOS implemented that. Of course ZOS Marketing appreciate is as well, like every company does. The sense of a company is it to make money (unless you are a non-profit-organisation).

But if you like you could play ESO without buying ANYTHING. So why complaining?
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 18, 2019 7:33PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not one asking for more. However, I really do not see much difference between thread being created to tell others to stop expressing their opinions and those asking for more race change tokens.

Zos should manage the forums and merge those threads into a mega thread. However, I do not think we should tell players to stop expressing themselves. That would be worse than those asking for more.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »

[Edit for bait.]

Of course it is in the crown store, but remember also that this was highly requested by the community a lot of months ago. So ZOS implemented that. Of course ZOS Marketing appreciate is as well, like every company does. The sense of a company is it to make money (unless you are a non-profit-organisation).

But if you like you could play ESO without buying ANYTHING. So why complaining?

I don't HAVE to do anything, I'm the customer, not an employee, but the answer to that question is retrospective cost. Some folks place that value higher than others and it's not always measured in dollars.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 18, 2019 7:34PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »

[Edit for bait.]

I don't know? Maybe the guy who decided to make all my dunmers trash tier all of a sudden?
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 18, 2019 7:37PM
  • ANGEL_BtVS
    ANGEL_BtVS
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I find laughable is people demanding 15 tokens. Yeah, no. The vast majority of characters do not need a race change token. The only race that was considered BiS that got changed significantly was Dunmer for magicka DD's.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After removing a handful of posts, we must ask that all posts be kept civil and constructive. Venting frustrations and voicing opinions are allowed, encouraged even, but should be kept within the rules. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 18, 2019 7:41PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone saying that a free token is "generous" or asking for more is "entitlement" - you do realize you're talking about literally a zero-cost virtual service, right? A company is not 'generous' for giving you an item that literally costs them nothing.

I've been playing MMOs as long as MMOs have been a thing and whenever core changes like this are made, players are traditionally given the opportunity to adjust to them as they see fit without incurring the cost to do so - whether that is in-game currency, or in this case, real-life dollars.

Arguments like "The change isn't that big" or "you'll learn to adapt" or "Surely you dont need to change ALL your characters" - are totally 100% irrelevant. It doesn't matter. You made a choice based on information the company has decided to alter - as a paying customer (I assume anyone who's adamant about multiple free race changes tokens is also more than likely someone who's invested money in the game) its only right that you're given the opportunity to adjust to the changes without paying out of pocket.

At a time when "loot boxes" and micro-transactions are under immense scrutiny, the right thing for ZOS to do is give much more than one free change, especially in a game that facilitates and basically requires you to have multiple characters to try different roles and classes.

It's not a "gift" to change the core passives of the race your characters are all build on and only offer one free race change token and then watch as the crown store dollars pour in on tokens - in fact I find that idea repugnant.

Furthermore, this race change cuts deeper and hits harder the more time and money you have invested in this game. So, no, it's not "generous". I have spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on this game. The ability to change races for free after this change is literally a pittance for myself and others in my position that literally keep the game going.
    Edited by Krayl on January 18, 2019 7:58PM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krayl wrote: »
    Anyone saying that a free token is "generous" or asking for more is "entitlement" - you do realize you're talking about literally a zero-cost virtual service, right? A company is not 'generous' for giving you an item that literally costs them nothing. [...]

it costs them the price of a token. You won't spend money to buy a token, because u got one for free.

and this whole thing is overrated. Nobody needs a token for each of their characters. If you had a redguard before, you won't change it now, same with altmer etc. You maybe had a dunmer that you won't like anymore so you`ll use the free token.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter what the subject is or how screwed up a company does something, you will always find people who will defend it tooth and nail. I remember the good old days when customers demanded quality and respect from a company they pay money to for a service.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    Krayl wrote: »
    Anyone saying that a free token is "generous" or asking for more is "entitlement" - you do realize you're talking about literally a zero-cost virtual service, right? A company is not 'generous' for giving you an item that literally costs them nothing. [...]

it costs them the price of a token. You won't spend money to buy a token, because u got one for free.

and this whole thing is overrated. Nobody needs a token for each of their characters. If you had a redguard before, you won't change it now, same with altmer etc. You maybe had a dunmer that you won't like anymore so you`ll use the free token.

The company is somehow losing the revenue from the price of a token that would have never been purchased if they didn't change racial passives. . .?

As someone stated before, creating a problem and selling the solution. .and you as a customer support this tactic?

The majority of my characters are dunmer and argonian, they both suffered the largest nerfs. That's totally irrelevant though.

Giving out a fair amount of tokens is not going to cripple the company, I promise. I'm super excited about the expansion and necro class . . but I haven't pulled the trigger on my EW preorder and I know I'm not the only one. I would feel pretty foolish at the moment to continue to invest in a company that isn't acting right.
    Edited by Krayl on January 18, 2019 8:18PM
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, enough. From now on I’m blocking anyone who uses the word “entitlement” in a manner that pejorative to ESO players. This is an Internet forum — of course there are differences of opinion. As long as they are expressed courteously and within the rules, folks can state their feelings about the upcoming changes. But personally I choose not to listen to self-righteous lecturers who characterize every objection or request as “whining.”
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Step 1) Roll meta/BIS/overperforming.
    Step 2) Clamor for balance.
    Step 3) Get balanced.
    Step 4) Complain about getting balanced.
    Step 5) Go back to step 1.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the one and only token system they got done right.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay so I should just buy 5 race change tokens for the 6 characters I have to change while I get 1 freebie because zos once again drastically changes everything?
    ***** no, this is too far. They’re changing things and making us pay for it, we are tired of constant big ass changes every **** patch and 99% of the changes are just massive nerfs. Consistent nerfs. That’s all zos does. I swear I’ll pitch a fit if I have to spend a bunch of money to race change 5 characters because zos just felt like nerfing races out of the blue.
This discussion has been closed.