The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Proof cheating exists in ESO

Waylander07
Waylander07
✭✭✭✭
For all who say cheating does not exist in ESO watch this video that I found on YouTube starting 9mins in
https://youtu.be/OTClexUpYoU
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug is old.
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭
    This bug is old.

So this is just a bug, if its old it needs fixed as it still exists
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing new.
    i know part of one of the things that can cause it. but just not interested in reproducing that bug reliable
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lmao, go to alikr dolman and watch the guy running a scripted program to farm dolmens.
    Wonder if s/he is still there since s/he was reported?
    Also tells me zos detection system is total ***. So, run what you want, they can't detect it obviously.
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    This bug is old.

So this is just a bug, if its old it needs fixed as it still exists

You're right.
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At 9:07 the player resurrects him/herself.

The only theory I could think of is because the two players were bonded, the last player standing received the damage flow from the first player and that could have been considered non-battle damage?

Edit: bond= Skill: Mystic guard if I'm not mistaken, an alliance support skill

Edited by BoraxFlux on December 31, 2018 3:10PM
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Nice February 2018 video. Honestly I'm amazed this is the best "cheating proof" video you could find.
    BoraxFlux wrote: »
    At 9:07 the player resurrects him/herself.

The only theory I could think of is because the two players were bonded, the last player standing received the damage flow from the first player and that could have been considered non-battle damage?

Yes. It's an old in-game glitch with the way Guard works, where if you die from damage transferred by your ally it is considered PvE damage, allowing you to resurrect with a soul gem.

This is one of those moments that you should analyze the situation, figure out what you think happened, and then recreate the glitch in order to identify the problem to submit to support to fix.

It's sad to see ignorance instead, people so often scream "CHEATING" when in reality that person was probably as confused about what happened.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't really need such proof. It's already common knowledge that there are a lot of cheaters in the game; sadly..
  • Dextail
    Dextail
    ✭✭✭
    All I see here is a zergling spamming BOL praying that people leave him alone. Definitely no cheating here. Unless you class using more than BOL as cheating.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is, quite clearly, the bug with Guard. It's fairly common, or common enough that whenever my group drops a pair using Guard, we anticipate that one of those players may be able to self-rez... especially if they stick around dead. Turn your back, and in a minute they'll both be up and on the attack.
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »
    This is, quite clearly, the bug with Guard. It's fairly common, or common enough that whenever my group drops a pair using Guard, we anticipate that one of those players may be able to self-rez... especially if they stick around dead. Turn your back, and in a minute they'll both be up and on the attack.

Thanks for explaining, looks like I was wrong about the player cheating for which I hold my hand up to
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one says cheating doesn't exist in eso. But what you've posted is evidence of a bug.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »

Thanks for explaining, looks like I was wrong about the player cheating for which I hold my hand up to

To be honest, I had to review it three times because the final action was partially obscured by terrain.

Once I saw that Guard was up, that was the clue... because it's happened to me. Somebody put Guard on me in a zerg fest; we both lasted through most of the fight, and when we dropped, I had the option to rez myself or at a wayshrine.

That incident explained to me why so often a pair of opponents running Guard can be dropped and reappear moments later. Now we make sure to not lose track of such opponents in case one has the opportunity to self-rez and then rez his partner.

Kind of annoying, really. But the alternative for the player who gets that bug is to respawn back at base, rather than a nearby camp or keep. I can't blame them, honestly... it's damned if you do or damned if you don't.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i thought it was against terms to exploit a glitch? just because you can do it doesn't make it ok to do it.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a friendly reminder to mind our community rules around baiting. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cheating does exist in ESO but blatant cheating is rare. I saw people jump over a fort wall that was at 30% in the last week + I had a witness. I had dropped down from the wall by accident so maybe they didn't see me and then they starting flying over the wall only time I've ever seen it. Someone said the FD was down so I assume it was a guild behind on their quota with peer pressure so I didn't take it to seriously. It's certainly not as bad as players that abuse lag bombing as that makes the game unplayable.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug is old.

The last thread of cheat engine being in the game was deleted less than a week ago. The videos of the CE being used were dated to last month. The guy was selling the engine
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a similar looking bug in the Kyne/BWB campaign where if you level up while dead (XP incoming from group members) you get the option to rez with a soul gem.

So no one is going to talk about the "flame lash, flame lash, flame lash... etc" support ticket? LOL! XD
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erm this video is almost a year old....its from february and people have cps capped at 690....
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe the OP just wanted to show that cheating was possible because cheating has occurred?
    Edited by generalmyrick on January 1, 2019 12:19AM
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    I've seen a similar looking bug in the Kyne/BWB campaign where if you level up while dead (XP incoming from group members) you get the option to rez with a soul gem.

So no one is going to talk about the "flame lash, flame lash, flame lash... etc" support ticket? LOL! XD

I took the flame lash ticket as lashing out against flame lash
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    Erm this video is almost a year old....its from february and people have cps capped at 690....

Yes, that video is old news but the videos on the deleted thread from a week ago were dated to November of 2018. Id post them so you could see but I don't want ZOS to delete this thread as well.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_RogerJ wrote: »
    Just a friendly reminder to mind our community rules around baiting. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community.
    Lol. This entire thread is baiting.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS