The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Constant disconnects

Kiwi
Kiwi
✭✭✭✭
I cannot stay connected to the game servers for more than 10 or so minutes at a time.
When I am in the game it runs flawlessly until the moment it kicks me.
I have all the correct ports open, the client is on the exclusion list for the antivirus (w10 av) and there are no addons installed.
I have run several trace routes and my connection is solid and I have zero problems in any other online games or streaming at all.

So whats your problem ZoS?
Edited by Kiwi on December 21, 2018 10:42PM
A large yellow rectangle
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been happening to me all day as well. If I can get into the game everything works well then all of a sudden I'm disconnected or hung on a load screen.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kicks you?

Client crashes?
    Booted back to login?
    Booted back to character select?

Also, do you have a moment where you seem to still be in game but actions are not occurring? You are moving around and others are not?

Each is caused by different activity and can help Zos, and maybe others, help you.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Kicks you?

Client crashes?
    Booted back to login?

Also, do you have a moment where you seem to still be in game but actions are not occurring? You are moving around and others are not?

Each is caused by different activity and can help Zos, and maybe others, help you.

Yes to all but the client crashes.

I've been hung in load screens and booted back to the login. Sometimes the boot is preceded by my client still allowing me to move but server side is gone. Other times just straight to the login screen. ESO is the only service I'm having problems with.

I've been busy but if I free up will probably throw a sniffer on the the network and get some trace routes to see what's going on.
  • Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭
    "still be in game but actions are not occurring? You are moving around and others are not"

pretty much this i guess but only for a very short time before its back to the log in screen
    the client doesnt crash, it runs really well when its connected
    there is no issue at all before it happens
    there is the typical 200+ oceanic latency but that does not cause this kind of disconnect
    this is different, its a hard server disconnect, not lag

i have also tried deleting all lua files and the shadercooked
    tested with same result on eu servers too
    its all run as administrator with all exceptions, static ip and an open door so i have no idea whats causing it

Since the time I made this thread and this edit I have been plaing another MMO constantly without any problems at all so how come this game and only this game kicks me? Thats about 3 hours connected to another game server without any problem but I cant stay on eso servers for more than a few minutes
    Edited by Kiwi on December 22, 2018 1:58AM
    A large yellow rectangle

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Kicks you?

Client crashes?
    Booted back to login?

Yes to all but the client crashes.

I've been hung in load screens and booted back to the login. Sometimes the boot is preceded by my client still allowing me to move but server side is gone. Other times just straight to the login screen. ESO is the only service I'm having problems with.

I've been busy but if I free up will probably throw a sniffer on the the network and get some trace routes to see what's going on.

Being booted back to login screen, and especially after dealing with actions not occurring and other players not moving around is an issue with the connection to the server and is often something between our PC and ESO servers. But not always. It only takes a second and connection to the server will not be established again.

However, I have never experienced a connection issue that sent be back to character select. It always sent me back to log in.

BTW, I have had an issue where my data ran clean and had the appropriate speed but the structure that keeps the path flowing had issues. It would collapse and the connection was lost for a second or two. It became obvious there was an issue, but even the tech support over the phone could not detect the issue. It took a local tech to notice.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed the time to get a trace route and the delay appears to be once my connection hit the akamai network. It cleared up by the time I got back on in the late evening so didn't manage to get a sniffer. I think it is related to the issue in this thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/436992/high-latency-at-akamai-com/p1

• Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I managed the time to get a trace route and the delay appears to be once my connection hit the akamai network. It cleared up by the time I got back on in the late evening so didn't manage to get a sniffer. I think it is related to the issue in this thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/436992/high-latency-at-akamai-com/p1

yeah the 8 page thread thats been ignored since september

----

8 137 ms 139 ms 141 ms akamai.prolexic.com [198.32.176.228]
    9 137 ms 138 ms 140 ms po111.bs-b.sech-sjc.netarch.akamai.com [209.200.184.202]
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 138 ms 138 ms 138 ms ae121.access-a.sech-sjc.netarch.akamai.com [209.200.184.205]
    12 177 ms 192 ms 175 ms a72-52-29-88.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [72.52.29.88]

8 142 ms 139 ms 137 ms akamai.prolexic.com [198.32.176.228]
    9 137 ms 139 ms 140 ms po111.bs-b.sech-sjc.netarch.akamai.com [209.200.184.202]
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 138 ms 140 ms 137 ms ae121.access-a.sech-sjc.netarch.akamai.com [209.200.184.205]
    12 177 ms 174 ms 175 ms a72-52-29-88.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [72.52.29.88]

----

pretty obvious where the issue is
    A large yellow rectangle

• Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 days playing other MMOS no problems at all

Still cannot stay connected to ESO servers for more than a couple of minutes

THANKS FOR IGNORING ME ZOS
    A large yellow rectangle

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you've went through the troubleshooting steps here, please go ahead and open a support ticket regarding these disconnections. Including your game consultant will be helpful for troubleshooting.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    If you've went through the troubleshooting steps here, please go ahead and open a support ticket regarding these disconnections. Including your game consultant will be helpful for troubleshooting.

Already done all that and more. There was a real person trying to help me at first but support has since given up and the last i heard from them was the same canned auto response you just gave me.

The game runs fine via a VPN btw, a service I have to pay real money for which bypasses all of the broken hops.
    I will use the VPN until my ESO+ runs out and hopefully until I have completed the new content I have paid for but unless the akamai bs is fixed by then I guess I will just have to stop playing again.

I dont understand why the obvious cause for this issue is being ignored like people haven't been providing proof for years
    A large yellow rectangle

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is over a year old we are closing the thread. You are welcome to start a new thread if you have an issue you need assistance with.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.