The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Reps] Update & Meeting Notes - Dec 7

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chicharron wrote: »
    By the way the questions are asked.

It seems that ZOS only cares about the opinion of the representatives.

How can 10 people be the voice of hundreds?

Honest question.

I think you are seeing bullet notes as transcribed according to importance regarding how they will approach PTS next year.
    The notes read to me, as this:
    - zos asking the reps if the current changes are good or bad based on players actually playing instead of raw anger based on paper.
    - them discussing potential changes to be made to those changes
    - discussing update 22 items (of which were aren't going to see till PTS or not at all if the reps communicated concerns + ZOs listening to them).

They will either:
    1) make additional cleanup on murkmire mistakes and adjust slowly on update 22 items before PTS relying on extra player feedback next year.
    2) make small cleanup on murkmire mistakes and adjust greatly update 22 items before PTS hits.

I am thinking the latter, since they asked about item set reviews and general bullet notes without heavy commitments to murkmire changes.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still want to hear about Arctic Blast. we all hate it.

Hate is such a strong word :p
    [*] Casting Bird of Prey now serves no purpose except to provide expedition because its Minor Berserk became passive. Highly inefficient.

I'm glad this got noticed at least. This skill got unraveled and then put back together rather poorly...
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭

Honest question.

Few people representing the voices of many is a concept employed in a vast number of sectors in real life. But the simple fact is that not everyone agrees with each other and that many opinions are just not good. Having representatives who can use their knowledge and experience of the game to filter out the bad ideas/opinions and make sure the good ones get through is overall more helpful to the development of the game than it would be without them.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually one other thing is bugging me. The proposed change to Evasion would negatively affect Stamina DPS survival in trials. It’s already hard enough to survive vAS+2 and vCR+3 on stam, no reason to further discourage this.

And the justification? To make Wardens stronger in PVP? Lol. I’ll agree that Jabs/Sweeps are a little weak (never worth using in my Magplar), but that could be solved by buffing Jabs/Sweeps instead of nerfing survivability of all stamina builds in PVE and PVP.
  • Flamingfunk
    Flamingfunk
    ✭✭✭
    Is this some kind of joke? I've been looking at the PvP side of these notes and seeing them from a no-cp viewpoint.
    As I see it, PvP and to a degree PvE needs to be balanced around the base game play, which is no-cp and I consider it a level playing field in PvP, since you have to make decisions on your build to have both damage and survivability.

"Major Evasion is too strong and counters Templars and Wardens more than other classes"
    Hmm ok. How is this affecting wardens and templars?

"Templar Jabs is not cutting it with the changes to Evasion"
    Right, there we have it. You should use more than one skill to be able to beat someone. Templar is the only class that can handle the pressure of the DoT-meta we are currently seeing, besides magicka warden.

Wardens I don't know, currently stamwardens are performing extremely well in small to large scale groups, especially ball groups, where they are completely dominating.
    For BG's I have no idea, because this frost warden proc set / bleed meta made me stop doing BG's. For 1vX I have no idea and don't care, that's such a niche activity that it should not be balanced towards (would be like balancing PvE around soloing vet content).

If a change is to be made to major evasion (nerf) at least make it also reduce damage taken from Damage over time.

There is not a single word on the over performing warden's or close to unkillable guardplars.

What about 2 hander? Will it be viable when there is more than a handful of people in combat near you?
    Since obviously performance issues will always be part of the game.

Snares? Walking at the speed of a tank holding block is pretty far from fun. We already move slower this patch, does so many skills need to have snare linked to them? Shouldn't there be some trade-off somewhere, especially since there are so few counters. I mean there is forward momentum, but it costs more to remove it than to reapply the snare from for example acid spray.

Scattershot, I mean really.. The skill clearly is bugged with the forced animation, but giving this skill a longer than ~12m range is a stupid change, I saw it as a tool to get out of melee combat, now it's just silly.

The playstyle I see mostly in EU-PC Sotha these days are snipers that got a new skill to their arsenal (draining shot), warden ballgroups or huge zergs of lag that makes the game unplayable for anything but a ranged playstyle.
  • YoshinJaa
    YoshinJaa
    ✭✭✭
    Nice talks on BG's I have a few more I have been compiling through this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/440361/battlegrounds-feedback-suggestions
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WTB Melee MNB buffs
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about racials
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    cautiously optimistic that we might see a decent u21

fix my shield.......
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    kojou wrote: »
    Regarding the look at Item sets...

I personally would like to see some of the sets that drop in DLC dungeons be made more desirable. I look at a lot of those dungeons and think whats the point of running it after you get your achievements.

If I could have a wish it would be that the team takes a look at sets we like and why we like them and model other item sets after them to add different flavors.

For example look at Burning Spell Weave, It gives a proc of burning and Spell Damage which is an awesome buff and is still a desired set, but most of the other elemental sets were modeled after Silks of the Sun, which is an OK set, but is quite boring in comparison. It would be fun to have a set that is the frost equivalent of BSW that applies Chilled and increases spell damage, or shock that applies Concussion and increases spell damage.

How many people would run Flame Blossom if it were changed to the magicka/flame equivalent of Relequen instead of a chance to fire a narrow trail of fire damage that will likely miss what you were aiming for?

How many people would run the "Essence Thief" if it were changed to behave more like Siroria where the buff would apply at your feet in a circle and stay up as long as you kept your light attack weaving constant instead of a chance to spawn an effect that you have to go chase down at a random place?

Anyway... my 2 cents...

These elemental Sets you suggested are quite similar to things I recently suggested to them as well...
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honest question.

Few people representing the voices of many is a concept employed in a vast number of sectors in real life. But the simple fact is that not everyone agrees with each other and that many opinions are just not good. Having representatives who can use their knowledge and experience of the game to filter out the bad ideas/opinions and make sure the good ones get through is overall more helpful to the development of the game than it would be without them.

Agree with you.

But it's the feeling he gave me when i read the notes.

Of course i do not feel that they are my voice, they will never be, but knowing that their way of seeing the game is deeper than mine, maybe that's why ZOS chose them, or maybe they just want someo scapegoats, or maybe they just want someone to praise them 24/7 like the ambassadors

Anyway, I accept any change ZOS makes, if i could stand it when they nerfed the Templars badly I can take whatever they do.
    Edited by Chicharron on December 12, 2018 5:41PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    SaltySudd wrote: »
    Of all the feedback we have given...this was all that was discussed?

Again, as mentioned toward the beginning of the thread, we wanted to focus on discussing specific things from Update 20 to better understand what we feel went well and what didn't go well. The first bullet points in the list were things we sent to the Class Reps ahead of time to get feedback on, and were things we specifically wanted to talk about. Unfortunately we ran out of time before we could get to other things, but the Reps have been sending us separate documents with feedback on classes/roles. It just wasn't discussed in this meeting.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Kanar wrote: »
    ??? Almost no one runs shuffle/bladecloak in PvE, but class reps want to NERF it?

This is another good day example of how class rep program is terrible; worse than useless.

AoE skills SHOULD be nerfed. It requires very little skill to spam spin2win, shalks, dbos, eots, etc. Evasion is GOOD to reduce the damage of those AoEs. ST abilities have very little benefit over AoEs and come with the challenge of targetting.

The bit about the major buff being too accessible is complete BS, and just an excuse class reps are using to push an evasion nerf. I mean, I guess we need to nerf Major Brutality now because it has 100% uptime! Wow what a transparent line of BS to push an agenda.

I'm on board with you there. Skills like steel tornado are just too easy to hit and can reach similar damage levels compared to a lot of single target skis quickly. There's a reason it is so prevalent in PvP.
    Edited by Masel on December 12, 2018 5:43PM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't help but notice that the growing list of unresolved (often unaddressed) bugs wasn't something that anyone wanted to talk about.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a Major and Minor Snare debuff, and maybe change Bastion to reduce snares. That would bring a smile to my face
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    I can't help but notice that the growing list of unresolved (often unaddressed) bugs wasn't something that anyone wanted to talk about.

Bug list is growing and would like to see more comments from the dev team on those items too!
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valykc wrote: »
    We need a Major and Minor Snare debuff, and maybe change Bastion to reduce snares. That would bring a smile to my face

we have major/minor snare. Large overrides smallest.

At most you will be hit with a 70%, which is subtractive from your speed (which is mostly additive with some multiplied).
    For example, ironblood gives you a 50% snare. When it is active, anything below 50% just doesnt apply to you but you used to be able to stack swift to "lower" this punishment (old purple swift 3x was 24%, so the 50% became a 26% snare without sprint).

Current snare system is fine, lack of speed/escape options isn't.

edit:
    another way to ignore snares, gap closers or streak/NB shade all ignore snares.
    Edited by Minno on December 12, 2018 6:01PM
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a side note to the content, I really enjoyed this format for Notes. It was very easy to track the points of the discussion, what got brought up, and what had additional considerations from ZOS.

I'm also pleased to see ZOS and the Class Reps taking stock and figuring out how to move forward with some of the issues from Murkmire.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 12, 2018 6:04PM
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately we ran out of time before we could get to other things, but the Reps have been sending us separate documents with feedback on classes/roles. It just wasn't discussed in this meeting.
    Quantum_V wrote: »
    However, we have daily contact with ZoS through the discord that we share with ZoS devs and through an internal part of the forums. So we talk about tons of issues on day to day basis through these other means of communication aswell!

I think one of the biggest pain points the community has right now is that we have been giving feedback and submitting reports on bugs which have been in the game for months and even years, but yet nobody from ZOS has even acknowledged them. So when it comes to these meeting notes it gives us a sense of reassurance of knowing what issues/bugs were brought up and discussed, so if there's a lot of back channel communication going on in which the community cannot see what is being discussed and what the devs are aware of it leaves us feeling frustrated because we don't even know if our feedback on issues/bugs is being acknowledged.

There are so many threads where players are asking, "Can we please at least get an acknowledgement/update on this?" so when those things aren't included in the meeting/patch notes it feels as though those issues are still not even being addressed. Or if they are being discussed, but in those back channel communications, then we are feeling frustrated for no reason because we simply weren't even aware that the devs knew about the bugs.

tl;dr
    The community just wants to know that certain bugs/issues are at least being acknowledged, and if they don't show up in meeting/patch notes it feels like our feedback and reports aren't being taken seriously.
    Edited by Suddwrath on December 12, 2018 6:19PM
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    The Healing Ward nerf should have been discussed in more depth than this. That nerf alone is 95% of why I've stopped playing ESO this patch.

Agreed. Major nerf to the main source of healing for two magicka classes, nerfed without a mention in the (original) PTS notes, gets mentioned as an aside in a point discussing itemization. We know which classes ZOS are not playing.

I've been playing stam classes instead this patch and it's amazing to have a heal that actually heals.
    Edited by dagonbeer on December 12, 2018 6:42PM
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Item sets, including the 12 new ones and rebalancing of some older sets

ZOS: How desirable or undesirable have the new Item Sets been?

Generally desirable. Bright-Throat’s is powerful but not meta-demanding. Dead-Water’s Guile strong in stam burst PvP groups. Spell Strategist gives Magicka a decent high spell damage option, although it seems to apply the debuff inconsistently
    Nothing glaringly op or gamebreaking
    Appreciate the near-miss with Soldier of Anguish

Many old sets are no longer desirable

Some BRP weapons aren’t worth the effort

ZOS: Have any of the Item Sets had an impact on the overall PvE/PvP meta?
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OK. So from a PvP perspective. There is nothing meta changing in the new sets...and that's just it. None of these new sets are a "Must have". In fact, right now there aren't ANY sets from Cyrodiil that are "must have". I don't mean that in a way where it's the only viable set to wear. I mean it in a way that none of it is particularly impressive anymore. There was a list someone put out a long time ago and pretty much every set that comes from Cyrodiil RoTW bags, or from the 3 town vendors, is total garbage, and has been for a very long time. Outside of a couple sets...Ravagers, maybe Morag Tong, "possibly" elfbane. There is nothing there that is anything even close to Crafted or PvE sets that a good number of builds use. Cyrodiil sets may as well not even exsist. The older sets need a total and complete overhaul/revamp!!

Cosmetic stuff to spend our AP on(gladiator outfits), and a Golden vendor that very VERY rarely has DLC based items is almost not worth the time or effort in gathering AP. PvP sets need to mean more than just selling off spell strategist to PvE'rs. Nice way to make gold? But quickly becoming vendor trash as the market floods.

I have 4 magicka based PvP toons. I can't see switching out a single one to wear Bright Throat. On the other hand, Bone Pirate is almost a must have on any medium(and maybe some heavy) stam builds. It's just that good. The new stam set that gives constant minor heroism is ok. I made a build using that for an "Utli-generating build". However, after only a day or 2, I tossed it aside because the "in-combat" bug is amplified 10 fold using it!!! At least that's what I'm thinking is happening.

So my take on sets in general is that only crafted and PvE sets are viable in PvP. I also want to mention not a single one of the crafted Murkmire sets are worth the mats to make. I didn't see a single one that I would put on ANY of my toons. I also want to make mention that I'm PRAYING the end of campaign rewards will yield items from the new sets (I know, sounds counter to the rest of this post) But I DO happen to PvE on occasion. How else would I get my PvP sets right?? LOL. So with only a day left before the current one is over. I'd really like to see gold Spell strategist jewelry in there somewhere =/
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discouraging to read no comments about the massive shield nerfs from update 20. I guess that means ZOS is telling us to suck a lemon. It must be all good because our elite class reps informed them the entire community agrees PvE shields feel strong? Bull!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RobGarrett
    PC-NA
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This upcoming patch... To quote the immortal words of Fa-Nuit-Hen and Tutor Riparious of the Maelstrom Arena
    “Do you suppose this one has what it takes”
    “Contain your hopes. But let’s find out”

Bird of Prey, Shield, and Evasion discussions look promising... would love for the concept of ice staff and winters embrace dps to be brought up so that the class has some hope for getting more in terms of offensive options but I will take what I can get :)
    Edited by _Ahala_ on December 12, 2018 6:56PM
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , all this tinkering with small balance changes is having diminishing returns. Yeah balance is important but at a certain point it becomes a fools quest because absolute balance is impossible (unless you just make everything the same).

From what I see players are suffering more from performance and bugs than balance issues, and the product (and users) would benefit much more from a release focusing on those issues instead of balance. That, in my opinion, should be the message passed to the development and product management teams.

While development team is focused on those changes the product management team and game designers can be focused on creating a long term vision for the game, which seems to be lacking.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf draining shot
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance to get a crafting rep?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please give us a housing rep
  • Roboplus
    Roboplus
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to mention (since it wasn't brought up) that as an NB Tank, I've completely dropped Path in all forms. I find both morphs to underpreform compared to alternatives and I'd rather use Dark Cloak to keep the passive Major Resolve/Ward buff active.

This also means, per the previous patch notes, that I'm not giving my "class buff" to groups. I don't consider this anymore acceptable than Warden DPS not having effective access to Minor Toughness.

I'd personally rather see Path upgraded into something worth slotting for a Tank, but considering the direction the conversation seems to be going with regards to Wardens and Minor Toughness, how about an additional, alternative method to activating NB's class buff for a group? Maybe something Tanks have reason to use, like Dark Cloak.

By the way, still hate that it's Major Expedition (which only Templars don't have). Why not Minor Evasion?
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because thematically a werewolf taunt makes no sense whatsoever.
    It makes a perfect sense. Imagine a scenario:
    The group of evil "henchmen" (mobs) are guarding the dungeon. Suddenly they see a group of adventurers:

a knight with a sword, an elf with a bow, a mage and a Werewolf.

Who would they (mobs) attack first ? Who is the biggest threat amongst those four ? ?

WW was originally designed as tank - dps hybrid, specifically for pvp content. So now ppl want to be able to use WW in pve content too. Like I said - it makes no sense to limit WW only to DPS role. We have 3 roles and I understand that healer will never be a "thing" as WW is stamina based. But we have a tank role too. It should be treated with the same importance as DPS.

Don't let your memes be dreams! WW healers could (should?) be a thing! It'd be relatively straightforward to have a morph of the claws bleed heal other WWs in your group for X% of the damage done (up to a max of Y number of WWs in group). Same with the healing howl (forgot it's name). Change one morph to an AoE heal similar to vigor.
    Edited by AverageJo3Gam3r on December 12, 2018 7:35PM
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some good info in here. There is one point I strongly disagree on, and I’m disappointed that the class reps would make the statement “Shields feel strong in PvE”. They feel very weak, and the resistances from Light Armor barely affect them. Sorcerer has been almost unplayable this patch, and I’ve seen fewer and fewer of them around. I really only play my sorcerer main when nobody else in a group is willing to, and because one is needed for Minor Prophecy and Conduits.

Wholeheartedly agree and I'm gonna add some stuff about sorcerer. In Asylum HM specifically which is the only raid I've been bringing my sorcerer lately when nobody else does, it feels like glass with such a small shield. Sorcerer has no passive defense except the extremely weak and unreliable blood magic passive, and the active defense alone is too weak now to protect against multiple mechanics or enraged minis. Yes, ideally you don't get them, but it is going to happen on occasion. You can slot Iceheart and still feel less tanky than a magblade w/o it while losing your 2pc damage set on an already lower-damage class. NB by comparison feels incredibly tanky and much easier to no-death on. Passive 5k spell resist, crazy incoming heals on self from swallow/siphoning that often heal you to full instantly, higher speed allowing you to dodge mechanics entirely.

On a side note, sorcerer sustain is still pitiful (more so with ele wep cost increase) and people are sometimes running balance to deal with it. It really feels as if magblade just gets a lot more for their money with passives and skills. Sorc has to slot aegis for 8% magicka and minor resists. Magblade gets 8% magicka passively and MAJOR resists passively. If sorc wants major resists they have to slot a melee-range skill that also gives expedition (which NB also gets passively). Sorc sustain tool either saps your HP or stamina, NB sustain tool is a flat gain on magicka that also heals you. If sorc wants heals you have to slot surge, on NB you get them from using your spammable. NB gets berserk passively on a burst skill that already outshines cfrags by a mile, sorc has to slot slimecraw to get it, losing the potential damage from a 2pc monster set unless you have CBP.

Now templars as well are outshining magsorcs at DPS and templars are typically more desired as healers already, sorcs really play a minor role in raid and feel weak and punishing to play. You are a conduit and minor prophecy slave, that is it. Sorcs don't have to be #1, but it shouldn't feel so punishing to play one. Sorcs NEED more out of their passives and actives. Aegis shouldn't be a wasted slot, it should provide some DPS or sustain utility via an active use. The block mitigation is barely useful for DPS so if you want to keep it there for tanks as well that is fine. Atro should provide major berserk to the sorcerer as well as the person who synergizes it to make up for lack of minor berserk and damage. Sorcerer hardened ward should be THE strongest active shield, not just a cheaper dampen (which doesn't even matter because crap sorc sustain). 60% of max HP plz, 50% on the empowered by default.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2