The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

EDIT: RESOLVED

Left4Daud
Left4Daud
✭✭✭✭✭
EDIT: This issue has been resolved and the thread can be closed if needed.

I spent my Crown Gems on the new Xanmeer housing furnishings, the plant traps, thinking that they would function as enemies based on the item description text. What I learned after testing the plants extensively is that they don't function the way I was hoping they would, and I would really like to return the plants I bought and please have my gems back.

My hope for the plants was that I could use them to test different tank set ups, defensive builds, and set proc chance / interaction. However, because the damage from these plants doesn't initiate combat, I'm unable to do the testing I was very interested in doing, which was the only reason I bought the plants. I tried laying out the plants in different ways, and testing them while in combat with a target dummy but I was still unsatisfied with the results. The plants were not proccing all damage taken sets, and not serving as the defensive combat measuring tool I desired.

A lot of people are having fun with the plants. They do work great as well, traps, duh. Obviously they can kill people when they zone in your house and they can also be used in obstacle courses and hazards in dueling arenas. I don't really care about those applications though, that's not why I spent my gems taking a chance on these items.

I sent a support ticket in but I haven't heard back from them yet. I just really want my gems back because the item description was misleading to me and I am really unsatisfied with the functionality of these plants. I know I could have done more research before buying and avoided this whole situation, I do understand that.

But unlike pretty much everything else available in a crate, what you see is not necessarily what you get with these plants. What I mean is, you can't properly preview their functionality until you buy them and place them in your home. Unlike a a pet, mount or banner/statue which you can fully preview in the store.

I believe I have a valid case for a refund request here, so I'm covering my bases by also making a detailed forum post of my experience.

Edited by Left4Daud on December 7, 2018 6:50PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to contact Support directly using the link at the top of the page. This forum is for players to talk to each other about the game - some members of ZOS's marketing team look in sometimes, but they can't refund your gems.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [removed]

Edited by Left4Daud on December 7, 2018 6:51PM
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got finished working with support and I will say I am very satisfied with the outcome. I was able to remove the furnishings from my account and get my gems refunded.

I would like to personally thank the support team members that assisted me with this issue, Benjamin and Austin. @ZOS_GinaBruno if you could pass along my satisfaction to the appropriate channel that would be fantastic. My ticket number is [Incident: 181206-004609].

Edited by Left4Daud on December 7, 2018 6:51PM
  • Bubbastic
    Bubbastic
    ✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    But unlike pretty much everything else available in a crate, what you see is not necessarily what you get with these plants. What I mean is, you can't properly preview their functionality until you buy them and place them in your home. Unlike a a pet, mount or banner/statue which you can fully preview in the store.

There is an addon for preview in shop, inventory and guild shops but you're not supposed to know that. I hope you'll get a good news from ZOS.
    。◕‿◕。
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you bought something without understanding what it was, got mad, contacted support which helped you get out a situation you put yourself in and then you go on to *** on something that is literally exactly the same as it always was and presumably you paid for because you don't like the new additions to that system.

Also you say that you would subscribe for one month to be able to purchase things you want, not because you want to support the company or you see value in the subscription, but because you want a thing.

uhm, good luck out there.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Bubbastic . ZOS support really came through with me. Usually I don’t have a problem previewing store items. The only thing was these plants were completely new in the functionality offered and you can’t really test them BEFORE you buy them.

Mount roar FX, and costume dye properties being the other lacking part of store previews.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [removed]

Edited by Left4Daud on December 7, 2018 6:48PM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haha ok. there is no shades of gray here, you want a thing they didn't give you the thing you feel you deserve so you complain.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [removed]

Edited by Left4Daud on December 7, 2018 6:48PM
  • TheMythicDawn
    TheMythicDawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont support the monetization system
  • TheMythicDawn
    TheMythicDawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @yodased that guar in you picture probably has bigger brain than you lol
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wth are you even talking about

I might be more likely to renew my subscription if in addition to getting access to new items monthly at a discounted price, plus members would be allowed to purchase a curated selection of previously limited time items in the store.

Is literally you stating you want a shiny thing above and beyond what you already paid for through the years, but because they are now giving other additional items with the subscription you won't resub.

so you subbed for years, happy with what it was you received for your money, then they add more things to that sub, but because you don't like THE EXTRA, now you won't sub.

0.o
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    wth are you even talking about

You're making way too many assumptions about my history as a subscriber, my intentions as a customer, and my wants as a player. There is no way I can possibly reason with you, when you are convinced you have it all figured out, and are trying to think FOR me.

You're taking the feedback part of my post, and peppering it with so many assumptions I can't even recognize the story you are telling.

I was simply offering feedback.

Whereas you interpret it as complaining.

No one is entitled here. Stop making assumptions and trying to think for other people and derailing the thread with misplaced hostility.

Edited by Left4Daud on December 7, 2018 6:49PM
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Closed as per OP request.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.