The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Problems with the ESO Launcher, I can not access the game

Nelz297
Nelz297
Soul Shriven
Since the update of the Murkmire patch, I have problems accessing the game, when downloading the data, the launcher is interrupted and closed without even downloading something. I have tried everything, uninstalling and reinstalling the game but it is always the same problem. The download does not run. I had read through the forum that it was a question of vpn problems, try to use one to download the game but the download is too slow. I would like to be able to get a solution for this, since it is something very annoying because, they are almost more than 2 months that I do not enter the game and I am paying my membership of that plus for nothing, since in all that time I have not been able to access the game.

Thanks for the attention and I hope I can solve this problem.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If your launcher is having issues with the download, this could indicate an issue related to your anti-virus or firewall.

The application files that may require exceptions in these programs are:
    • Bethesda.net_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe
    • Steam.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file.When this is the case, the file paths below are what you should use. If required by the anti-virus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Aria_GuildDestroyer
    I haven't been able to log into my account on my PC since a little before the servers went down for maintenance two nights ago. I keep getting a login error: password is incorrect or account is inactive, neither of which is the case? I have gone as far as reinstalling the game completely but it has not fixed my issue and I still cannot login; getting the same error.
    Wabba-Jacked GM ~ completes end-game trial content.
    PC - NA
  • Aria_GuildDestroyer
    Update: I had someone else try logging in for me, and they cannot login on my account either. This isn't a problem on my end with my files or antivirus -- something is wrong with my account on ZOS's end. @ZOS_BillE Please help me!!
    Wabba-Jacked GM ~ completes end-game trial content.
    PC - NA
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Aria_GuildDestroyer

If you are getting the login error "password is incorrect or account is inactive" you will need to start a support ticket for help resolving this message. If you cannot login through the support site, please use this link to open a ticket.
    Staff Post
  • Nelz297
    Nelz297
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    If your launcher is having issues with the download, this could indicate an issue related to your anti-virus or firewall.

The application files that may require exceptions in these programs are:
    • Bethesda.net_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe
    • Steam.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file.When this is the case, the file paths below are what you should use. If required by the anti-virus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

It has not worked, as soon as I open its crashed; even disabling the firewall, it's the same ...
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Nelz297

You are likely running into the launcher issue described in this thread. This is an issue we are aware of and looking into for a resolution. For the time being, you can find some possible workarounds in the thread linked above.
    Staff Post
  • Tippits
    Tippits
    Soul Shriven
    I've had the same issue, it doesn't work on steam or from the official launcher. I did find a work around for it though. It's your wifi, I don't know the fine details, but I read that some people fixed it by using a different wifi and it worked for me. Try using a hot spot or going to a friends. Honestly it really sucks, but that seems to be the nature of the game right now.