Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Plus exclusive Nibenese Noble's Shawled Robe HORRENDOUSLY bugged on Altmer males

baratron
baratron
✭✭✭✭✭
We very much appreciate that the Nibenese Noble's Shawled Robe has a unique male and female mesh, rather than fitting one gender to the other body mesh. This is to be encouraged.

However, the SCARY FEET seen on Altmer males is NOT to be encouraged.

Here's a regular Altmer male. He now has black claws and perhaps Khajiit feet?
eso64_2018_11_29_20_44_50_155.png

Here's a vampire Altmer male.
7WwXQgq.png

WTF?! :s
Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone from the studio even look at this one time before asking people to spend real money on it?
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol Not a good lol

I am looking at it in the preview and my characters feet did not seem to change. I am assuming you purchased it and that screenshot is from the purchased costume.

If that is the case then whoever was responsible for that going live probably needs to find a new career path.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I am looking at it in the preview and my characters feet did not seem to change. I am assuming you purchased it and that screenshot is from the purchased costume.

I previewed it on my Altmer male vampire and saw the scary Khajiit feet. The second picture shows a friend of mine previewing the costume on his Altmer male vampire.

Another player equipped the costume which she had already bought and let us take screenshots (first picture in thread, taken near the start of Blessed Crucible). So it definitely happens both in preview and in live.

However, to my knowledge, the bug only affects Altmer males.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx for the update. Odd my high elf did not get the funky feet. I will look at it again this afternoon to double check.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Dunmer male vampires are affected too. From @Enemoriana's posts in another thread:
    EyRgH6m.png

qV4x15X.png

Sexy! >:) No black nail polish for them, though. (Why not? I'm sure Dunmer vampires would love it!)

NA-only characters:
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sloppy work, very sloppy. Does no one ver TEST this stuff properly before releasing it?

Considering that we have to PAY for this crap, my free mods were better quality and thoroughly tested first.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't fix this. I really wanted to roleplay as Altmer/Khajiit hybrid. :D
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok but the whole point of putting female clothes on male toons is for how funny it looks. Doesn't need to be made fitting lol
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why doesn't your char ask his mother if she's done fun stuff with a muscular Khajiit....?
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    Sloppy work, very sloppy. Does no one ver TEST this stuff properly before releasing it?

Considering that we have to PAY for this crap, my free mods were better quality and thoroughly tested first.

Probably not. Really there are two options. Either they don't thoroughly test the crown store cosmetic stuff OR they test it, see the errors, and don't care/can't fix them.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was SO ready to buy this for my main but I was aghast when viewing it in preview mode. Aghast, I say! (I was wondering if the feet stayed that way in live, so thanks for affirming that I made the right decision not to buy.)
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, if the Early Access part of ESO+ Deals is just going to turn into subscribers bug-testing new cosmetic content, I'd rather see it replaced with something like the Black Fredas strategy. 30% off, previously released store items only, one item per week.

I'm fairly confident that very few people caught up 100% on Black Fredas so it's not like all those items are suddenly off the table.
    signing off
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Uhhh... Stupid question, why would you put this on a male? Doesn't it look rather feminine to you guys?
    (?_?)
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Uhhh... Stupid question, why would you put this on a male? Doesn't it look rather feminine to you guys?
    (?_?)

^^^^

This.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    (?_?)

So?
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's so bad about gnarly feet?

*hides in shame*
    Edited by MasterSpatula on December 3, 2018 7:01PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has this been fixed? Don't really feel like it's usable until then.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L..O..L..
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    We very much appreciate that the Nibenese Noble's Shawled Robe has a unique male and female mesh, rather than fitting one gender to the other body mesh. This is to be encouraged.

However, the SCARY FEET seen on Altmer males is NOT to be encouraged.

Here's a regular Altmer male. He now has black claws and perhaps Khajiit feet?
    eso64_2018_11_29_20_44_50_155.png

Here's a vampire Altmer male.
    7WwXQgq.png

WTF?! :s

Are you serious? You got a FREE robe outfit for ZERO crowns
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they will fix it, but dont cross your fingers waiting on it.

Edited by Viscous119 on December 17, 2018 3:17PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone, just confirming we've seen this thread and have been investigating what's causing this. It's certainly not intended.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, this still looks a lot better than usual humanoid feet model. Even tentacles would've been an improvement compared to that thing.

How come ESO has worse feet than TES3 player-made mod from 2013? :p
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That might be the funniest bug I've ever seen.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    :D

That's funny.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it looks like the ESO Developers are working on it. Thanks for the OP seeing this oversight. :)
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The costume still looks Whack AF on male characters even without the gnarly toenails. All they really did is bridge the cleavage gap and the arm bands still have rings but no sleeves to hold up... Y'all are not even trying anymore and you can't make a unisex costume to save your lives...

@ZOS_GinaBruno Give me more of this realness~ I'm telling you, they will sell like hotcakes!!!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/390918/should-all-costumes-be-reversable-pics#latest
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    In fairness Altmer's are all naturally ugly anyway
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)