Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Earn a Free Pet When You Gift Crown Store Items in December"

• Forgebreaker
    Forgebreaker
    ✭✭
    Hey guys! Just for clarity's sake, I wanted to ask directly rather than speculate and dissect the post on my own.
    "This holiday season, when you gift 1000 Crowns or more worth of items to two or more different Elder Scrolls Online players, we’ll send you an adorable Snowcap Fledgling Gryphon pet, completely free!"

^I took this to mean that at least 1000 crowns worth of gifts must be sent to at least two players, meaning the minimum total spend would be 2000 crowns. Gifting 1k to two or more. When it breaks down the specifics I'm still interpreting it as such.

"-You must send a gift to at least two different individual accounts
    -The total value of all gifts must be at least 1000 Crowns or more on the same platform and region
    -Note: NOT 1000 Crowns per gift, but 1000 Crowns total. Two individual gifts that are valued at 500 Crowns each would count, as would three gifts each valued at 400 Crowns. However, if you sent a gift worth 500 Crowns on the PC NA server and another worth 500 Crowns on the Xbox One NA server, it would not count"

Even where it says the total of all gifts that may still refer to sending multiple gifts per person, in that at least 1k must go to each, not 1500 to one and 500 to another for example.

I know I'm wrong because nobody else thinks this and because 1000 crowns has been said multiple times without correction. @ZOS_GinaBruno

THANKS BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    @Forgebreaker you missed this:
    “The total value of all gifts must be at least 1000 Crowns or more on the same platform and region”

If it was 1,000 Crowns or more per gift they would have changed it to 2,000 Crowns total mentioned.

Otherwise there’ll be some very grumpy gifters.

😇

• Forgebreaker
    Forgebreaker
    ✭✭
    @Jazdia I did see that, but that can still be interpreted as the total of all gifts sent to each person, ie that someone could not gift me a 500 crown item on both servers and still have it count.

Basically I know it's only 1000 crowns total needed among 2 or more people on the same platform, but would like staff confirmation so that my viewers get the correct info from a verified source.
    Better to be safe than have my whole community miss out on the pet due to my poor guidance!

Cheers!
  • unchainedzulu
    unchainedzulu
    ✭✭✭
    What happens if the friend doesn't accept the gift?
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do I check to see if I'm met the requirement, is there someplace in the game that keeps track of all your crown purchases?
  • CyberNigma
    CyberNigma
    Soul Shriven
    What happens if the friend doesn't accept the gift?

yes, this is kind of important to know. A gift sits in their gift box, I believe, for around 15 days? If you only get credit if they accept then it's possible they may not log in before the promotion ends or if they do log in return the gift without enough time to send a gift to someone else.

I guess I can simplify to avoid ambiguity:

If you SEND the gift during the promotion, but they ACCEPT it AFTER the promotion do you get credit?

If you SEND the gift during the promotion, but they RETURN it (either intentionally OR if it times out) DURING promotion do you get credit (without re-gifting it)?

If you SEND the gift during the promotion, but they RETURN it (either intentionally OR if it times out) AFTER the promotion do you get credit?

Thanks, and I hope that's clear and covers the various cases. I can see a gift getting returned for them not logging in to accept it, intentionally returning it, or if they already have it (I believe it will let you try and gift something they already have).

This post is for ZOS to answer. I understand some people feel they may be able to estimate/guess the answer, but please let's keep the answer to an official and not speculate, even if it common sense/logic would seem to apply :-)
  • maahgle
    maahgle
    Soul Shriven
    How long did it take you guys to recieve the pet?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to clarify some of the questions above, if the senders of your gifts do not accept for whatever reason, you will still receive the Gryphon pet as long as you gifted the 1000 crown minimum. As for when you'll receive the pet, this will occur by January 4.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify some of the questions above, if the senders of your gifts do not accept for whatever reason, you will still receive the Gryphon pet as long as you gifted the 1000 crown minimum. As for when you'll receive the pet, this will occur by January 4.
    I got so concerned about that since I already gifted two people, and one of them recurved it, so I accidentally sent a third gift out to someone
  • Vinterskald
    Vinterskald
    ✭✭✭
    Anything you can gift from the Crown Store is fair game, even the furnishings. :)

A second clarification - not the furniture packs from the store, but the individual furniture you buy and gift through the housing editor like a single chair or a pillow or what have you?

@ZOS_GinaBruno I would really like to know this as well, as I'd love to gift a couple of my friends some individual furnishings they'd really love to have from the housing editor

Am I missing something or has this not been clearly answered yet? I'm still not sure if the housing editor items (unlike, say, the music box in the store) count as Crown Store items, so that would be lovely to know :)

Edit: just realised that the music box does show up both in the Crown Store and in the housing editor, so I'm guessing both are fine.
    Edited by Vinterskald on December 18, 2018 10:17PM
    Barra agea ry sou karan.
  • Satyrfey
    Satyrfey
    ✭✭✭
    If I give one person 5000 crown worth of gift and another only 400 does that count or do I need to give the second person more?
  • Vinterskald
    Vinterskald
    ✭✭✭
    Satyrfey wrote: »
    If I give one person 5000 crown worth of gift and another only 400 does that count or do I need to give the second person more?

@Satyrfey That's 5400 Crowns total, so more than the minimum of 1000 Crowns, and to two different people, so that counts :)
    Barra agea ry sou karan.
  • Wyldechylde69
    Wyldechylde69
    Soul Shriven
    Do the gifts just need to be sent to qualify for the pet or do they need to be accepted as well?I am asking in case I send them to someone who might not log in to the game again til after the give away end date.It could also be a surprise for them when they do log on again.If not Then I need to tell people to log on to accept them etc which is not a surprise lol.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wyldechylde69 Nope, they don't have to accept it.

"Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we give on both NA and EU the required amount, are we getting 2 pets? One on each platform? I know that seems like a dumb question lol
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except it's not free since we still had to spend money/crowns to gift something to people AND it's going to be in the crown store this month. Would have been more special if were unique to those who actually participated in thos "event".
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone else not get the pet even though the gifted the proper amount?
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else not get the pet even though the gifted the proper amount?

Haven't received mine even though I sent the required amount. It says by Jan 4th, it's 3 days past that now. I'll leave it till the end of this week, if I still don't have it I'll send in a ticket.

Scratch that. Found it in my Collections. Got no notification so I assumed it hadn't arrived. Have you checked your collections?
    Edited by PocketNova on January 7, 2019 2:08AM
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the fluffy white Gryphon <3
    Master Angler