The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

FPS Problems since murkmire

Sendrik
Sendrik
✭✭✭
Since there is already a thread about this in the mac section,but not here,i took the opportunity and made one.

Before the murkmire patch i always had 60 fps on high settings,everywhere outside citys(in citys,around 55 fps),even cyrodil wasnt so bad.
Now i get fps drops in places i never experienced any before,even in a dungeon that never gave me any problems before the patch.
Even in a small tavern,my fps dropped to around 45,despite no players being around(makes you think,if you suddenly get less fps in a small room with no players being there,than in cyrodil,in the middle of a huge fight).
Everfort gave me 40 fps,again,with no other players around.
At least for everfort i know,that relogging fixed the problem and i had 60fps again,but a few minutes later,the fps started to drop again.

Specs:

i5-8600k 3.60ghz
GTX 1060
16GB ram

Using windows 10

I didnt change anything since the murkmire patch,drivers are up to date.
A wanderers way never ends.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Your FPS dropping after the Murkmire update can have a variety of sources such as the use of add-ons, gpu drivers, or overall computer performance. If you've not done so, check each of the following and see if your performance improves.

Add-Ons
    • We recommend that, while trying our troubleshooting steps, you remove all add-ons and any add-on managers you have for The Elder Scrolls Online.
    • After any patches to the game, any add-ons you have for the game will be out of date and may cause issues with the game that cause your FPS or general performance to drop dramatically. To resolve this issue, you should not only disable any add-ons, but completely remove them to make sure no residual effects are left behind.
    • To remove your add-ons, please navigate to the following default location and move these folders to your desktop so you can easily put them back later.
    • If using a PC, the typical default install path is: C:\Users\user.name\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live
    • Once they are removed, you should then go to Control Panel and Add/Remove Programs. Once here you can select Minion or any other add-on related programs and then uninstall.
    • If the add-on removal has not fixed your issue, please proceed to the next steps.

Ensure that your graphics card is updated

Please follow the manufacturer's installation instructions and try to run the game again as an administrator. If on a laptop, see your laptop manufacturer for updates to your drivers.

Nvidia Video Cards: http://www.nvidia.com
    • Click Drivers.
    • Choose Option 2: Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products.

You can also try the troubleshooting recommended in the thread linked below.

FPS Problem / Usage
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sendrik
    Sendrik
    ✭✭✭
    I never used any add-ons.

I also made sure i got the latest driver(downloaded the newest one 3 days ago and just checked again,im up to date).

Running the game as admin doesnt work,since im playing on steam.
    If i go to the folder where eso is installed and run the launcher as a admin,i cant login,the game tells me i should start it via steam.

About the thread:
    In glenumbra for example,i still have 60fps pretty much everywhere outside of daggerfall.
    I dont just have low fps in general,only in certain places.
    But it has nothing to do with how detailled or populated the area is,it just seems random...i still get 60FPS most of the time.
    Another issue is,that my fps drop in some places,after playing for a while.
    If i relog,i have 60fps again...for some minutes at least.
    Its almost like theres some kind of cache-limit,and relogging fixes this,but this issue wasnt there before the patch.
    Checked the event viewer and task manager,nothing unusual,everything looks just fine.
    No problems in any other games either.
    A wanderers way never ends.