The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mac is UNPLAYABLE

zarnon_akoni
zarnon_akoni
✭✭✭
I am an extremely disappointed customer, you have ruined the game for Mac users. I see no reliable way to get support so am posting here.

I am used to less than optimal performance - the last one to port into a group dungeon, long load times, multiple load screens while walking short distances, having to wait several seconds to interact with a banker, merchant, or crafting station, or the oh-so-fun sprint in place while the next segment of a city loads up (Undaunted areas are the WORST!) But none of these things have been anything more than nuisances. I love the game and choose to grin and bear it.

NO MORE.

The latest changes have absolutely ruined the game. You either rolled out a half-baked solution or have made a business decision to be done with Mac users as a customer base. Whatever it is you guys can at least have the decency to be honest and up front about it.

I'm not talking about the crashes (I haven't had a crash in a long, long time) or the overhead spinning thing (I fixed that on my own). I'm talking about the performance issues that make the game unplayable. I've seen my FPS drop to single digits - often less than 5. My latency is now in the several hundreds....i get a red 999+ way too often. I walk for 5 seconds in a city and get a load screen. Or if I don't get a load screen every few steps it freezes up for 5-10 seconds. I get attacked by invisible enemies. Their image hasn't loaded up yet but their ability to do damage has so I have no idea who/where to attack.

This did not start right after Murkmire. I remember a slight performance drop but a noticeable improvement in graphics quality. Nothing like what I experienced this weekend. Game performance was just fine during the Witches Festival. Its like the day after it ended you pulled a plug and told your Mac users to take a hike.

I'm not looking for a refund like some will rant on about. Just an honest, reliable answer on what the hell is going on. If this is going to take a more than a day or so to resole you should be crediting Mac users for daily rewards so Murkmire is not at risk and should have a plan for the next event so we aren't at a disadvantage.

Thanks for a fun year plus playing your game. Hope its not the end of the line.
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i mean ... its probably the end of the line. I'm anticipating this kind of announcement very soon:

"We regret to inform our valuable mac players, that we have painfully decided to drop mac support for Elder Scrolls Online. We just don't have the resources to support the platform any longer. We hope to see you on PC/Xbox/PS4!"
  • Thrawn75
    Thrawn75
    ✭✭
    JJBoomer wrote: »
    i mean ... its probably the end of the line. I'm anticipating this kind of announcement very soon:

"We regret to inform our valuable mac players, that we have painfully decided to drop mac support for Elder Scrolls Online. We just don't have the resources to support the platform any longer. We hope to see you on PC/Xbox/PS4!"

They need to explain why they'll be taking that decision. I can understand if the company stops developing ESO for any business reason (ie. focusing on new titles), but for God sake, leave current game as it's! Don't ruin the wonderful ongoing experience.
    If the new graphic API does provide worse performance on Metal, give us the option to ignore it. Some of us are not upgrading to Mojave for many reasons so for us there's absolutely no need to change the game core.

• alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thrawn75 wrote: »
    JJBoomer wrote: »

They need to explain why they'll be taking that decision. I can understand if the company stops developing ESO for any business reason (ie. focusing on new titles), but for God sake, leave current game as it's! Don't ruin the wonderful ongoing experience.
    If the new graphic API does provide worse performance on Metal, give us the option to ignore it. Some of us are not upgrading to Mojave for many reasons so for us there's absolutely no need to change the game core.

With an exception that there would be also no new content for you and in the end probably separate megaserver since client and server are part of one infrastructure and OpenGL based client would unlikely be developed anyway in a long run.

I could agree however with giving player an option which renderer to use for as long as Metal renderer bugs are hammered out, OpenGL stops working for real with new MacOS releases, client cannot support non-Metal Macs for some other reason too like not enough CPU power for instance - whichever reason comes first of course.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Since there is already a thread for discussion of performance issues since the update, we will be closing this thread. Please feel free to post your comments in this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.