The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't Play the game on a brand new macbook pro

demoneca
demoneca
✭✭✭
I submitted a ticket EIGHT days ago and I still have no answer to why I cannot play the game on a brand new updated macbook pro. The game installs, the launcher starts, and when I click Play, I get this error:
Crashed Thread: 38

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000078
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Is there an 800 number where I can talk to a human? It shouldn't take this long to resolve this issue. I can load the game no problem if I change my active processors from 12 to 8 but i should not have to do that. I had one response say the following:

"We are currently investigating an issue where the game may crash on launch when the game is set to use more than 16 CPU threads. We are working on a resolution and hope to have it resolved in a future patch. The cores do not need to be set for the entire machine and just need to be changed for ESO using these steps provided."

The steps provided were to edit 2 lines in the UserSettings.txt file, which I did. It did not work. Anyone have this issue? Customer Support is a joke.