The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Friend of mine located in Malaysia cannot access the crown store or main website.

BlackRoseWaltz
Hello. I've been trying to help a friend of mine located in malaysia, long story short they wanted to purchase crowns for their account, but when they try to load the international version of the main website, or even the store it gives them the "page not found" error, error 500, it doesn't exist. i can load it just fine, but this causes some difficulties because that means they can't access the forums or create a support ticket, which is why i'm doing it for them, we've tried clearing the browser cache, visiting the store via a link, and visiting the store through the in-game portal that takes you to the store, it doesn't load for my friend in any of those cases, i'm not exactly sure what's going on, but any help on this would be appreciated.
Whatever it is, I want it painted black.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Error 500 "Internal Service Error" occurs when either the website or your Internet Service Provider has experienced a non-specific issue.

To help resolve this issue, you can try the following fixes:
    • Use a different browser
    • Temporarily disable any antivirus, ad/pop-up blockers, and firewalls
    • Access the site from a mobile device/network
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello. I've been trying to help a friend of mine located in malaysia, long story short they wanted to purchase crowns for their account, but when they try to load the international version of the main website, or even the store it gives them the "page not found" error, error 500, it doesn't exist. i can load it just fine, but this causes some difficulties because that means they can't access the forums or create a support ticket, which is why i'm doing it for them, we've tried clearing the browser cache, visiting the store via a link, and visiting the store through the in-game portal that takes you to the store, it doesn't load for my friend in any of those cases, i'm not exactly sure what's going on, but any help on this would be appreciated.

Not that this is a good permanent solution, but did you try a VPN just to see if it was a location issue for some reason? Sometimes stuff just doesn’t work well from SE Asia. If this isn’t an on going issue, then it might just be possible to wait it out.
  • BlackRoseWaltz
    sorry i took so long to reply. @Vapirko my friend said they have a hard time with vpns for some reason, i suggested for them to use one too, and thats what they told me. as for using a different browser i've also told them this and they said they tried using a different browser, but the same thing occurred. at least thats what they told me. as far as whether they actually did or not, i'm starting to question that because... they tend to have a habit of saying they tried everything and didn't actually try everything. anyway, thanks for your help, i'll try reciprocating this to them and post an update if anything changes.
    Whatever it is, I want it painted black.