The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Blade of woe

Delpi
Delpi
✭✭✭✭✭
Since the new update, the blade of woe doesn't work. The icon didn't show up and it doesn't work either. (I only try it on vampire characters ¿?)
"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried it. I also have no blade of woe. Can only pickpocket.

Edit: I got it to work but it's not consistent. Got behind a monk and swiveled my mouse all over the NPC and then it was showing up and disappearing. Had to get it just right..when it appeared stop moving mouse and then hit "X".
    Edited by Juju_beans on October 23, 2018 4:39PM
  • chaos1970
    chaos1970
    I can't use the Blade of Woe and pick pocketing is also messed up as far as being able to. Completely hidden yet it still say's aware. Also my frame rate before the update was between 45-60 fps and now it not even 20.
    I've run repair several times after trying various setting's including down grading everything to low.
    I am using a new Mac with 4 memory slots, each of which accepts a 2400 MHz DDR4 memory module. I am equipped with 64 GB
    The game is unplayable as is.
  • lymantria
    lymantria
    ✭✭
    My blade of woe is gone too. And I loved it.
    17 chars

PC EU.
    810cp+
    Main - Khajiit MagDK
    DDs - Argonian MagPlar, Redguard StamPlar, Redguard StamCro, Dunmer MagBlade, Khajiit StamBlade/WW, Dunmer StamDen, Altmer MagSorc, Orc StamDK
    Healers - Argonian Warden, Breton Templar, Khajiit Necro
    Tanks - Orc Warden, Argonian DK, Khajiit Necro
    PvP - Argonian MagPlar, Bosmer StamDK

Not a big fan of hardcore endgame (I'm too lazy lol), but all vDLC dungeons completed, as well as vMoL, vSS and been in all others. Master Crafter.

Love helping nice people.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Puncturing Sweeps, Biting Jabs, Blade of Woe, what else is broken from this DLC? Come on ZOS. Wow!
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news?
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    Y'all may want to give a try to Vampire's Woe, an addon which lets you toggle both Blade of Woe and Vampire Feed, so that you can have only one active (and, so, reliable) at a time.

That should, at the very least, help clarify if this is a bug in the distance they activate, or in the underlying abilities.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all may want to give a try to Vampire's Woe, an addon which lets you toggle both Blade of Woe and Vampire Feed, so that you can have only one active (and, so, reliable) at a time.

That should, at the very least, help clarify if this is a bug in the distance they activate, or in the underlying abilities.

None of my toons are vampires. BOW worked fine until this patch.

• ShellaSunshine
    ShellaSunshine
    ✭✭✭
    I've used Blade of Woe all week with no problems. I'm also not a vampire because they are disgustingly ugly.

Yea, I've been murdering all the residents of Deshaan with no problem.

Did you make sure that you have the preventing attacking innocents turned off?

I vaguely remember being a vampire to acquire the achievements. In order for me to use Blade of Woe, I have to be directly behind the NPC while if I wanted to use my Vampire Feed, I had to step back until it prompted me to do so.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No @ShellaSunshine I don't have turn on the attacking innocents and I already try it with a non-vampire character. I can't use the blade of woe. It's a shame and a pain in the ass doing black sacrament dailies without it. :(
  • ShellaSunshine
    ShellaSunshine
    ✭✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »
    No @ShellaSunshine I don't have turn on the attacking innocents and I already try it with a non-vampire character. I can't use the blade of woe. It's a shame and a pain in the ass doing black sacrament dailies without it. :(

That's weird that you can't use it... I've had no issues using BoW at all. I made 100k off the stuff I stole from people I killed this week...
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    I've had no issues using the blade of woe. I've been using it with two characters.
  • chaos1970
    chaos1970
    The BOW and frame rate issue's seem to be only on those of us using a Mac. Happened with the last update and I've seen one and only one acknowledgement from the powers that be that they know about it and a patch will be issued in the future.
    So with all the things going on and Holiday event's and the new DLC the game remains unplayable for most Mac user's with absolutely no word what they are doing to fix it nor to compensate us for not being able to play this game.
  • lukaszp
    lukaszp
    Soul Shriven
    That's true. Cause' I have issues with blade of woe and pickpocketing only on Mac. There are no issues on PC. Please @ZOS_BillE can anyone do something about it?
  • GG_Rabbit1
    GG_Rabbit1
    Soul Shriven
    Yes;

Blade of Woe is not working whatsoever (except one random time out of about 15), and my frame rate is now criminally low compared to how nice it was prior to the last update.

I've upgraded my OS to High Sierra, which according to everyone, should mean nothing but improvements, both graphically and functionality-wise..

but yet, it seems that most every Mac user (including myself), are experiencing, quite literally, the exact opposite in both cases.

Isn't there supposed to be some, or at least any testing whatsoever, done before they completely sweep the rug from under the Mac version and replace the minimum specs that forced us all to unwillingly upgrade our OS............
  • GG_Rabbit1
    GG_Rabbit1
    Soul Shriven
    Seriously...

Like the Angry Video Game Nerd would say:

"What....

The....

A$$....????"
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can use Blade of Woe just fine, but since it loves to fail and activate someother skill, when I know I'm going to use it often, I remove any skills from B and Y buttons for 100% chance of activating it correctly instead of using Radiant Magelight, LOL.
  • Montie
    Montie
    ✭✭✭
    Patch of Woe!
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay !! Fixed in today' patch. I can pickpocket and murder again !!