Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Proper Snipe Build

LaveniaRose
LaveniaRose
✭✭✭
I just finished leveling my first stam nightblade. As an AD player, I've always been slightly jealous of the nightblades with bows stalking about in stealth, and I'm excited to join them. But...

1) What are recommended sets for seeing maximum snipe damage numbers? Is Spriggans a good option? What's good to pair with it?

2) Now that I only need to hit one skill routinely and not move around as much, I'll have the ability to hold my beer in the other hand. If I wanted to celebrate each proper snipe with a drink, where's an acceptable spot for the bar? Is 5k damage a decent snipe? Or should I be looking for something higher?
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    With only one skill you misunderstand the life of a sniper totaly and put that beer back were it came from because after your first attack you need that other hand for moving around and escaping because half of the enemy players in Cyro will chase you until you are down.

A 5k snipe is like you throw cotton swabs to your enemy to tickle him what means you need abit more something like 15k.

For sets and builds just google eso sniper or bow ganker builds and a small side note: Being a Vampiire gives you some advantages (and disadvantages)
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spriggans is a must this patch for one of your 5 piece sets.

Balorgh monster set if you plan on ambushing in for kill after leading off with snipe and poison injection If just pure snipe and run 2 one piece weapon damage monster sets.

Other 5 piece PM me. Dont want it nerfed.
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also 5k snipe is way too low for pvp. I was critting about 16 to 19.5k before patch on squishies. Not sure about now though.
  • LaveniaRose
    LaveniaRose
    ✭✭✭
    I was really hoping to stand on top of the grates at Nickel spamming my snipe. Especially now that there's one fewer skill to give me a knock back and ruin my ability to stay in one spot. I accept that I'll have to put my beer down if I leave the keep.

And thanks for updating the bar to 15k snipe. Wouldn't want excessive celebration.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eww snipe.

Just buy a siege if you want to spam one button for damage. You dont even have to use buffs when sieging so it is easier too.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly? Get yourself an Asylum bow. If you cast Snipe first, followed immediately by an Acid Spray/Bombard at a range of 10m to 20m, the Acid Spray/Bombard will land before the snipe, buffing the snipe damage by 50%.

Before converting my StamBlade to a MagBlade: Stealth > Snipe >Bombard > Cloak > Poison Inject > Snipe > Bombard > Death

I ran Marksman + Hawkes EyE with 2 1 peice monster sets for weapon damage. All jewelry with Weapon Damage. 2H back bar for Rally.
    Tsarra Venus Sylphyra - Stamplar PvP Bosmer Harrier
    VenusFállen - Magden PvP Nord Healer
    VenusFallen - Stamcro PvP Nord Brawler
    VenusFallèn - MagBlade PvP Dark Elf Ganker
    VeñusFallen - StamSorc PvP Bosmer Harrier
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »

Balorgh monster set if you plan on ambushing in for kill after leading off with snipe and poison injection If just pure snipe and run 2 one piece weapon damage monster sets.

Why is Spriggans a must after patch?
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    best build in eso is bow builds, dont let people insult you into stop using snipe and a good bow build.
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    best build in eso is bow builds, dont let people insult you into stop using snipe and a good bow build.

No
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    ask Warbow on PC EU, although he / she cant 1v1 a good brawler xD
  • AyelineESO
    AyelineESO
    ✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »

Warbow cant 1vs1 anyone lol
    EU - PC
    Banana Squad Inc | Zerg Squad | AoE Rats | Roleplay Circle

Raid/Solo character(s):
    AD | Qiáng | Lvl 50 Stamden | AR 32

Solo/ Smallscale characters:
    DC | Šhaðë | Lvl 50 StamNB | AR 50 | GO reached: 30.10.2015
    AD | Ðawñbrêåkêr | Lvl 50 StamNB | AR 44

Ex-Raid characters
    AD | Lord Ayeline | Lvl 50 Stam Sorc | AR 38
    AD | Ayelíne | Lvl 50 Stam DK | AR 22
    EP | Get Meme'd Kid | Lvl 50 Stam Sorc | AR 36
    EP | Àyèlìnè | Lvl 50 Stam Warden | AR Pleb
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's definitely the cheapest, least rewarding gameplay there is and you can rack up a bunch of kills without using an ounce of skill. Not my cup of tea, but some people find that really fun.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it's the nature of his preffered playstyle. Gankers are squishy as *** and can't really do 1v1 duel except potatoes.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's definitely the cheapest, least rewarding gameplay there is and you can rack up a bunch of kills without using an ounce of skill. Not my cup of tea, but some people find that really fun.

On the contrary. Depends how you do it. The most fun I have is sniping and ambushing in the middle of a raid/zerg and finishing someone and then getting out without getting caught. That is one of the hardest and most rewarding things you can do.

Sniping isn't just about sitting on a wall or behind a zerg. Try dancing around the middle of a group or raid that outnumbers you with zero room for mistake. Then tell me that's easy and requires no skill.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With only one skill you misunderstand the life of a sniper totaly and put that beer back were it came from because ..

oh I forgot. you need 2 buttons, snipe and cloak :trollface:
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a Pure ranged ganking build-

Spriggans
    Automaton
    1 Veli
    1 Kenna

Infused weapon damage jewlery x3

Use Focus Aim and Crushing weapon.

Some people will say "Lethal" is better. However I would disagree on a gank build, as your target should be dead before he can cast a heal if done right.

I'd contact @ShadowProc His set-up is a bit more exciting to play as it utilizes ranged/melee. However if you want to theroy craft your own similar style. It's basically the old Heavy attack into incap playstyle of around a year and a half ago. It just uses snipe instead of a heavy, I beleive.

Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marksman, Hawk Eye, 1 Veli, 1 Kena is a pretty good setup as well for straight bow damage. Run the Lover mundus, all divines gear. And run Infused weapon damage jewelry.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »
    ShadowProc wrote: »

Why is Spriggans a must after patch?

Because of the change to shields where your armor penetration counts against them.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AyelineESO wrote: »
    evoniee wrote: »

Warbow cant 1vs1 anyone lol

Best xv1 sniper on server! Snipe and bow ults! He is funny though, i once asked him if he ever tried something besides sniping and he basically said that he cant because of his charactername.

He had a period where he turned into a werewolf though.. one time the zerg died and he tried getting away, i wasted all stamina critrushing him (no damage because great zos coding. THANKS ZOS) and he turned into a werewolf. I couldnt CC break the fear from the transformation and he actually killed me without his bow. It was really funny :D
    Edited by Bosov on October 23, 2018 8:43PM
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like Spriggan, Hawk Eye, Velidreth, and Kena on my Bosmer vampire Nightblade.

There might be better combinations now, but I have a good time with this one.
    Playing since beta...
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 kena
    1 veli
    5 twice born star, warrior, lover
    5 sprigans
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »

Spriggans
    Automaton
    1 Veli
    1 Kenna

Some people will say "Lethal" is better. However I would disagree on a gank build, as your target should be dead before he can cast a heal if done right.

I'd contact @ShadowProc His set-up is a bit more exciting to play as it utilizes ranged/melee. However if you want to theroy craft your own similar style. It's basically the old Heavy attack into incap playstyle of around a year and a half ago. It just uses snipe instead of a heavy, I beleive.

Veli on a range build.

This is just one example why other pvpers dont think much of snipe builds, fyi.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spriggans
    Automaton
    1 Veli
    1 Kenna

Veli on a range build.

It’s for the 1 pc [removed baiting comment]. That’s why it’s also a 1 pc kena.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on October 24, 2018 4:38PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I knew this thread would be full of juicy drama as soon as I read the title lol

I'm leveling a stamblade atm so I'll be lurking... for a friend. 👀
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two sets have given me great performance and damage output they are s Bow/2H setup using Marksman/Spriggans, with 1 Veledrith and 1 Kena head and shoulders or Bow/2H Marksman/MoragTong, Veledrith/Kena head and shoulders. Another choice would be Marksman/Hawkseye but in my testing both the Marksman/Spriggans and Marksman/MoragTong gave me better results. No matter what Marksman is always included in any of my bow gank/snipe builds.
    Edited by Palidon on October 24, 2018 3:06AM
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spriggans
    Automaton
    1 Veli
    1 Kenna

Veli on a range build.

I hate to sound snarky, but.

You should read a bit more carefully. 1 Kena 1 Veli

You know, they both have weapon damage 1 peices..
    Here since Beta.

• Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And just to inform the OP.

The reason I personally don't like percentage sets like Marksman/ Hawks Eye and to a much lesser extent Morag Tong, is due to the interaction of percentage buffs and CP's.

Due to the math, you don't see a true %increase to the tooltip damage it's actually a bit less than advertised .

Which is why if you do the testing, you will actually get better results with sets like TBS (using warrior/pent munduses) or Automaton (only applies to Focused Aim)

Whatever you decide to build for, just make sure the sets and CP compliment the abilities and playstyle.
    Here since Beta.

• Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like marksman on imperial or redguard, hawks eye on a woodelf/ khajiit
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed several baiting and inappropriate comments. This is a friendly reminder to review our forum rules before posting. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post