The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DirectX version required? Can't get into game....

erliesc
erliesc
✭✭✭
SURPRISE! SURPRISE! When trying to get into the game I get this message:

Your DirectX version is unsupported. Get Help: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32155

Run DXDiag:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.180908-0600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: Z68MA-D2H-B3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8110MB RAM
Page File: 3761MB used, 12454MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Running a GTX960....had no issues last time I played...running at what NVidia had set as max level....before it wouldn't recognize ESO.

Had very good graphics...frame rates usually above 30 fps. Recent driver update...

Neat way to treat your players...no warning...just knock them off? Good luck with that business model...
I know nutting....
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    The Launcher DOES NOT RECOGNIZE that I have DirectX11...

PC Recommended System Requirements:

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
    Processor: Intel® Core i5 2300 or AMD FX4350
    System RAM: 8GB
    Hard Disk Space: 85GB free HDD space
    GPU: Direct X 11.0 compliant video card with 2GB RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750 or AMD Radeon™ HD 7850) or higher
    Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
    Internet: Internet Broadband Connection

I'm at or over these requirements...or at least my computer is...

Having computer issues after recent Windows update...Microsoft trying to run Win 7 systems off line to sell more stuff? My Win7 laptop totally crashed...
    Edited by erliesc on October 20, 2018 6:41PM
    I know nutting....
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Now cannot login to request tech support...

This game has gone to the dogs....or maybe the daedra....
    Edited by erliesc on October 20, 2018 7:16PM
    I know nutting....
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Got into account info...but can't create a support ticket....the saga continues...this is more fun than playing the game...NOT...
    I know nutting....
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Win 7 non-SP1 is end of life, do you have SP1 installed? Windows 7 SP1 is in extended support until Jan 2020 so you should not have issues.

Do you have the Win7 Platform Update installed, this has a lot of DX updates included? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Windows Update was recent...in the last week. Ever since I did the last update I've had issues. Win7 laptop is in the trash can due to the last crap update.

My Win7 gaming rig is apparently now at risk....****ups at Microsoft are itching for more business? They now have an interim update that I'm afraid of doing because I'm likely to be forced offline. My guess is they are irresponsibly pushing stuff the older hardware can't handle.

Yea..I should be good till 2020. Have an old WinXP rig that still boots more or less. Also have an old Win95 box that will boot if I load it from the BIOS.

I'm winding this game down after 3 years...just wanted to leave in an orderly fashion...not just booted off.
    Edited by erliesc on October 21, 2018 1:21AM
    I know nutting....
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Still can't enter a repair ticket or do account recovery....
    I know nutting....
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erliesc wrote: »
    Windows Update was recent...in the last week. Ever since I did the last update I've had issues. Win7 laptop is in the trash can due to the last crap update.

My Win7 gaming rig is apparently now at risk....****ups at Microsoft are itching for more business? They now have an interim update that I'm afraid of doing because I'm likely to be forced offline. My guess is they are irresponsibly pushing stuff the older hardware can't handle.

Microsoft give their products a 10 year life-span; 5 mainstream + 5 extended support. That's more than most vendors, who give 5 or 8 years. Ultimately any OS that's written 10 years ago will become less secure over time as the threat landscape changes and, whilst patching does help, you eventually reach the point that you need to address the core facets of the OS to truly address security. e.g, Win 7 does not include MS virtualisation stack which is a core element of high security features such as Cred, App, Device and Exploit Guard, nor does it natively support Intune, which is strategic for device management and hardening. Win 7 is very old tech and far less secure than Win 10 for these, and many other, reasons.

So yes, Win7 gaming is pretty much over, simply because no one wants to run an insecure OS and vendors need to respond to a rapidly evolving threat landscape.

Edited by FlyingSwan on October 21, 2018 8:27AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @erliesc

We have sent you a message to assist with your issue starting a support ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this one leaves her magic box on for more than about 8 hours then she gets a similar grey message if she tries to log in. A reboot sorts it out.

This is not new though and has happened for a number of months. This one suspects that graphics drivers or the virus checker or windows (10) itself or some combination of the three may be responsible.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    I MIGHT have solved my issue. Turns out 3 yrs ago when I installed current GPU...I hooked the monitor up to the MB...instead of directly to the GPU. Ran just fine for 3 yrs until I stated getting the message.

Got the bright idea to disable onboard graphics...and was then basically SOL. No picture.

Then later got an even brighter idea to hook the monitor directly to the GPU...seems I MIGHT be back in Bidnuss.

Haven't actually played the game yet...due to the upgrades though.

* After playing again am seeing significantly better graphics...as you might expect...not sure whether the GPU was being routed through the MB or everything was a result of the onboard graphics.

Us techies are BRILLIANT for sure.... :D

Not sure what the support ticket...login issue relates to...might be that I had a VPN running at one point when I tried to start the game?

STEAM knocked me off their service one time for changing my DNS server...haven't been back since.

So...I spent some significant $ buying and installing a decent GPU...then failed to connect it to my monitor...all the while rather impressed by the graphics I was seeing for 3 years. So if anyone needs some good computer tech support...give me a ring? LOL.

Edited by erliesc on October 23, 2018 1:25AM
    I know nutting....
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erliesc wrote: »
    I MIGHT have solved my issue. Turns out 3 yrs ago when I installed current GPU...I hooked the monitor up to the MB...instead of directly to the GPU. Ran just fine for 3 yrs until I stated getting the message.

Got the bright idea to disable onboard graphics...and was then basically SOL. No picture.

Then later got an even brighter idea to hook the monitor directly to the GPU...seems I MIGHT be back in Bidnuss.

Haven't actually played the game yet...due to the upgrades though.

* After playing again am seeing significantly better graphics...as you might expect...not sure whether the GPU was being routed through the MB or everything was a result of the onboard graphics.

Us techies are BRILLIANT for sure.... :D

Not sure what the support ticket...login issue relates to...might be that I had a VPN running at one point when I tried to start the game?

STEAM knocked me off their service one time for changing my DNS server...haven't been back since.

So...I spent some significant $ buying and installing a decent GPU...then failed to connect it to my monitor...all the while rather impressed by the graphics I was seeing for 3 years. So if anyone needs some good computer tech support...give me a ring? LOL.

Oh!! So you were using your motherboard's built-in GPU all that time, as your external card cannot route through the mobo.

Well, at least you're in business now and the performance difference must be quite something.

I did enjoy the blaming of Microsoft for your ills however ;-)
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    The last Win Update pretty much trashed my 4 yr old laptop...stuff started going downhill...tried to reload it and that failed. Could buy a Win7 disk and try that...but with a 4 yr old lower cost laptop...maybe not. Gets to the point where the effort to get things back where they were costs more than the hardware/software involved.

I'm pretty sure old MS is not always on the up and up....creeping fascism? There's a lot of issues with EU privacy rules..websites wanting cookies...and only God knows what else. In the US the lack of regs on the ISPs is an issue.

Without changing settings...graphics are somewhat better and probably better FPS...takes the game/system a while to readjust though. On the bright side I now have a new GPU...LOL.

* tried setting things to ULTRA...seems to do pretty well...at least when not in Battlegrounds, etc.

* had to backoff to HIGH...getting a few "halts". From the onboard graphics probably got a gain of maybe 10%...with no changes..with Ultra maybe 15%...but "realism" took a hit. IMO a slightly "softer" graphics experience is more realistic.

Can't beat this game for graphics quality and the varied game play.

[/quote]

Oh!! So you were using your motherboard's built-in GPU all that time, as your external card cannot route through the mobo.

Well, at least you're in business now and the performance difference must be quite something.

I did enjoy the blaming of Microsoft for your ills however ;-)[/quote]

Edited by erliesc on October 25, 2018 9:06PM
    I know nutting....