Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game stuck on loading screens during zoning

AoEnwyr
AoEnwyr
✭✭✭✭
For around 24 hours now, each time I try to port to another zone, the game seems to get stuck on the loading screen. It's made the game unplayable and I have to keep force quitting it. Any suggestions or anyone else experiencing this?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @UlanX

Getting stuck on a loading screen is frequently caused by an add-on. To resolve this issue, uninstall your addons and try to log in again. To fully remove your add-ons, do the the following in this specific order:
    1. Exit the game
    2. Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live in windows explorer
    3. Rename Addons to Addons.old
    4. Rename SavedVariables to SavedVariables.old
    5. Check in-game to see if the if the issues persist.

If the issue does not persist, then one of your add-ons is creating the issue. Try re-enabling your preferred add-ons one-by-one in order to determine which is causing the problem.

Changing game settings back to default can also help If the issue persists:
    1. Open the game and go to the settings menu [Esc].
    2. Go to each subsection, Social, Gameplay, etc. and reset all settings to defaults.
    3. Once this is done, try starting the game again.

If after resetting to default and clearing your add-ons and the issue continues, turn off your PC completely, reboot your router and try again.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Lokov
    Lokov
    ✭✭✭
    It's not Addons, trust me.
    Captain Org As More |Mag Blade| DC
    Bald Dude You Know From |Stam Blade| DC
    Ashot One Shot |Mag Blade| AD
    Strippirella |Stam Blade| AD
    Dont Touch My Tralala |Stam DK| DC
    Im Badman |Mag DK| DC
    Big Mac |Mag Sorc| DC
    Savitar Himself |Stam Sorc| DC
    Captain Old Fashion |Mag Plar| DC
    Chelovek Chlen-Nevidimka |Stam Warden| DC

Welcome to my TWITCH in Russian
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Issue isn’t adons. I’m a console peasant and the load screens are HORRIBLE right now. Literally every 5th loadscreen I get is a death sentence resulting in a permanent unending load screen. These constant bugs are getting out of control, with each patch they get worse and worse and nothing is done about them. I’m not the only one who’s extremely frustrated. It’s so bad that 90% of my deaths PvP and pve related are due to lack of cc break coding. Non existent bad swaps, or me just being locked out due to the fantastic sprint bug or another’ ridiculous bug. Enough is enough.