Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

so wait. . .did magicka warden somehow come out of this with nothing but nerfs?

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
how the heck did that happen, is there something op about them everyone is missing?
ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't play the class, but here we go.
    + Bear can't be killed in group dungeons meaning those high single target parses not possible are now applicable.
    + Not using the bear isn't a huge loss, you get more % dmg done via other companion abilities.
    - 30% less bear dmg potentially offset by previous 2 points.
    + Screaming cliff racer calculates its extra dmg gradually instead of at a min range.
    + More sustain from betty.
    -/+ Less sustain because of swarm cost increase, more sustain because of scorch cost reduction
    -/+ Can't carry buff to back bar/ Don't need to cast bird of prey.
    + Can heal bear from green balance skill.
    + Only class to offer minor toughness, longer duration, can overheal.
    - Major expedition reduced across ALL classes.

Just my opinion, how are they worse?

Edit: Added some other points found.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on October 16, 2018 8:56PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    + Bear can't be killed in group dungeons meaning those high single target parses not possible are now applicable.
    + Not using the bear isn't a huge loss, you get more % dmg done via other companion abilities.
    + Screaming cliff racer calculates its extra dmg gradually instead of at a min range.
    -/+ Less sustain because of swarm cost increase, more sustain because of scorch cost reduction

Yeah lets just ignore everything about whats really being changed lmao

30% Damage to the bear who must be BOTH bar slotted is absolutely ridiculous. Ever stop to think that nobody ever slotted the bear for the 2% passive bonus for damage?

Arctic blast? Completely taken away, another form of frost damage, gone.

Bird of prey changes

Cliff racer is still too clunky and that change isnt exactly a positive or negative one imo.

Class still has only 4 viable DPS options for PVP

The swarm nerf effects MAGDENS, the scorch buff helps both stamdens and magdens making the gap between the wider.

There is a tonne of work needed for magicka wardens DPS wise, no idea why youre acting like everything is all good, almost as if you dont play the class yourself
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

30% Damage to the bear who must be BOTH bar slotted is absolutely ridiculous. Ever stop to think that nobody ever slotted the bear for the 2% passive bonus for damage?

Bird of prey changes

Cliff racer is still too clunky and that change isnt exactly a positive or negative one imo.

The swarm nerf effects MAGDENS, the scorch buff helps both stamdens and magdens making the gap between the wider.

There is a tonne of work needed for magicka wardens DPS wise, no idea why youre acting like everything is all good, almost as if you dont play the class yourself

They said they dont play the class.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Bird of prey changes

I don't, just trying to understand where the nerfs are when it seems some things were improved. @ESO_Nightingale comment put things in to perspective. That arctic blast change is pretty laughable. The ability seems so poorly thought out and uninspiring.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Bird of prey changes

I don't, just trying to understand where the nerfs are when it seems some things were improved. @ESO_Nightingale comment put things in to perspective. That arctic blast change is pretty laughable. The ability seems so poorly thought out and uninspiring.

I have to say that it is one of the worst stuns in the game. Id say its worse than volcanic rune! Who remembers that skill?
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Warden looks to be coming out of this PTS with a major buff by means of nerfing WH. Just become a healer.

• Dovahmiim
    Dovahmiim
    ✭✭✭
    From a PvP perspective this patch is a primarily a nerf. We gained a little bit of sustain, however the class still lacks any actual skill combos to use, a viable CC, and an execute.

ZoS effectively heard people saying "magden has no CC", so they slapped a CC on to a random skill that would be useless for any competetive PvPer, and called it a day.

Magden's typically run 2-3 Animal Companion skills on their primary bar, so with passive changes that amounts to a 2-3% damage increase, which is very slight but always welcome.

Netch gives more magicka back now, which also is welcome, but is only a small boost to sustain. I'd have to say that in its PTS state, bird of prey giving passive minor berserk will require it to be front barred (which was already a better choice anyway), but also remove any need to cast the skill in the first place, so that's also a sustain boost imo.

The nerf to ALL major expedition sources was the main killer though, which changed this patch from a slight buff to a significant nerf. All other skill sources of major expedition were only slight nerfs relatively speaking, as the classes they applied to have other sources of mobility, and major expedition came as a brief addition to those. In general I think the duration of all major expedition sources should be closer to 7-8s, not 4, but the point remains that what bird of prey gives you for 3k magicka (after light armour passives) is genuinely funny. Next patch you will literally be paying 3k mag for 750 stam (20% of my stam recov is 150) and 4s of major expedition. When you take the fact that 4s of major expedition will only be used now as a reactionary cast instead of a constant mobility buff, and take in to account the likelihood of snares/roots, it's literally useless.

Assuming the 4s rule is staying for major expedition, the only fix I can think of that will fix this is giving snare immunity for that 4s duration too. It fits the skill description, you are invoking the spirit of agility... unless you are snared or rooted, then you are still a snail ;)
    I'm better.
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dovahmiim wrote: »
    From a PvP perspective this patch is a primarily a nerf. We gained a little bit of sustain, however the class still lacks any actual skill combos to use, a viable CC, and an execute.

ZoS effectively heard people saying "magden has no CC", so they slapped a CC on to a random skill that would be useless for any competetive PvPer, and called it a day.

Magden's typically run 2-3 Animal Companion skills on their primary bar, so with passive changes that amounts to a 2-3% damage increase, which is very slight but always welcome.

Netch gives more magicka back now, which also is welcome, but is only a small boost to sustain. I'd have to say that in its PTS state, bird of prey giving passive minor berserk will require it to be front barred (which was already a better choice anyway), but also remove any need to cast the skill in the first place, so that's also a sustain boost imo.

The nerf to ALL major expedition sources was the main killer though, which changed this patch from a slight buff to a significant nerf. All other skill sources of major expedition were only slight nerfs relatively speaking, as the classes they applied to have other sources of mobility, and major expedition came as a brief addition to those. In general I think the duration of all major expedition sources should be closer to 7-8s, not 4, but the point remains that what bird of prey gives you for 3k magicka (after light armour passives) is genuinely funny. Next patch you will literally be paying 3k mag for 750 stam (20% of my stam recov is 150) and 4s of major expedition. When you take the fact that 4s of major expedition will only be used now as a reactionary cast instead of a constant mobility buff, and take in to account the likelihood of snares/roots, it's literally useless.

Assuming the 4s rule is staying for major expedition, the only fix I can think of that will fix this is giving snare immunity for that 4s duration too. It fits the skill description, you are invoking the spirit of agility... unless you are snared or rooted, then you are still a snail ;)

I really appreciate the way you explained everything here.

I really want to play magic warden as a dps in pve but I just really don't think they know what they're doing with this class.

They should move the extra magic from northern storm to something else like how nightblades get it for just slotting any siphoning skill. I feel like Warden should get the same bonus for slotting an Ice ability.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how the explanation for reducing damage from one ability is because a different ability got a buff.

I'm like; so... uh... We're just forcing player's ability bars now?

Cuz like I didn't run pigeon for PvE.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nah they nerfed sorc below magden so thats a buff :) zos logic
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you never played Warden ever then it is a buff.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    If you never played Warden ever then it is a buff.

The nerfs outweigh the buffs my friend.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and magWarden gets a CC again. Not on the skill they wanted, and it’s apparently useless, but they get one again finally!
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, I'm not entirely unhappy.
    The bear nerf it's hard, but at least we got the dmg boost, and considering that I pvp, that's good news for me as I never use the bear.
    Scorch cost reduction is great, however swarm increase is ridiculous, especially because you have to cast it twice if you want the skill to be at least decent.
    Cliff racer buff great
    Betty netch buff great
    Bop is inevitable, all the other skills got the same treatment.
    Until this point I see many good things, few meh things, so I'd be happy.
    HOWEVER Arctic blast nerf it's really, really bad.
    We now have another skill that doesn't do any dmg, we got the stun yes, but at this stage shock clench is 1000 times better cause it deals dmg + dot.
    Arctic blast is a complete joke. Can be activated only while targeting someone but it only stuns AND heals you for a ridiculous amount (hp based)
    This change here, ruins every other addition / buff
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The true question that you should ask yourself is: "why do I consider magden a class of the deb's interest?"

Wardens were made to have stamden in the game, magden is just a collateral effect of the fact that they needed to implement a magicka version of the class.
    Is just what stamsorc is for magsorc, but worse.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The true question that you should ask yourself is: "why do I consider magden a class of the deb's interest?"

Wardens were made to have stamden in the game, magden is just a collateral effect of the fact that they needed to implement a magicka version of the class.
    Is just what stamsorc is for magsorc, but worse.

This actually makes a lot of sense. The whole "Stam sorc" part actually put it into perspective!

Very interesting
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you ever seen the bear Crit in PvE for 100k+ I have. I understand the bear Nerf, anyone that tells you magwarden sucks in PvE doesn't know what they are talking about. I've seen multiple players hit 50k solo and the bear is an awesome master architect buffer.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like playing my warden in pvp. I always had bird of prey on my front bar anyway so not a nerf to me. The movement speed nerf I can live with no problem since light armor now have reduce sprint cost and reduce snare which stack with icy aura passive. The way this patch is going they are buffing my playstyle.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... It seems zos has officially driven the Magden community insane with nerfs... As of Murkmire the three subclasses of Warden will be Stamden, Healthden, and Wrathden... hopefully PvP class balance and offensive ice magic will actually be on the radar next patch
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They did buff the Advanced Species passive, so if you have 6 Animal Companion skills slotted on your front bar (which is very unlikely, to be fair) you got an overall 6% dmg increase.
    Dovahmiim wrote: »

Beautiful post. And the fact that it has 11 Agrees is a pleasant surprise.

There are DOZENS of us, DOZENS!!!
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Well... It seems zos has officially driven the Magden community insane with nerfs... As of Murkmire the three subclasses of Warden will be Stamden, Healthden, and Wrathden... hopefully PvP class balance and offensive ice magic will actually be on the radar next patch

Not even sure HealthDen will survive the Blast nerf :hushed:
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• agasaagasai
    agasaagasai
    ✭✭✭
    When the class reps pointed out that an Ice Mage play style was highly desired and ZOS acknowledged this, I was in so much hope.

But instead of making Cryomancer a dps reality, they are making it a COSMETIC reality.

With the upcoming Crystalfrost skin, Iceheart arms pack and Enchanted Snowglobe House, we can at least look like an ice mage... And most Crown Crates seasons have their Frost Atronach-inspired mount as one of the Radiant Apex awards, which I spent so much crowns on not getting.

On the bright side, apparently it is understood by ZOS that frosty things are cool enough and desirable enough to be one of the radiant apexes. Let's hope when winter comes and we have all these cosmetics to adorn our dreams, something practical gameplay-wise will be implemented...
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When the class reps pointed out that an Ice Mage play style was highly desired and ZOS acknowledged this, I was in so much hope.

But instead of making Cryomancer a dps reality, they are making it a COSMETIC reality.

With the upcoming Crystalfrost skin, Iceheart arms pack and Enchanted Snowglobe House, we can at least look like an ice mage... And most Crown Crates seasons have their Frost Atronach-inspired mount as one of the Radiant Apex awards, which I spent so much crowns on not getting.

On the bright side, apparently it is understood by ZOS that frosty things are cool enough and desirable enough to be one of the radiant apexes. Let's hope when winter comes and we have all these cosmetics to adorn our dreams, something practical gameplay-wise will be implemented...

I totally agree they are monitising the *** out of us and laughing at us at the same time...
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on October 18, 2018 1:52AM
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed several inappropriate and bashing comments. This is a reminder that posts need to remain constructive and civil.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Greetings, we've removed several inappropriate and bashing comments. This is a reminder that posts need to remain constructive and civil.

@ZOS_JesC We have posted a lot of constructive criticism of all the changes coming to Warden (especially MagDen) for over a year now. Instead of listening to us ZoS has ignored us.
    Are you really surprised at such rage filled post like the ones you have "removed" You all just trashed 2 skills completely

Arctic Blast - Was a niche useful skill. Now its the most worthless Stun in the game,
    - Worse than Volcanic Rune (as was pointed out earlier)
    - More expensive than Clench and does less. No DoT, Slower travel time.
    - Completely worthless to a Tank now, when it was the better morph of the two (In terms of a Tank performing there role, instead of trying to be a Tank/Healer)

Falcon Swiftness
    - Warden has no Gap Closer, which was fine because they had movement speed.
    - Already crowded Front Bar just got added too
    - Minor Buff uptime seriously happened
    - 60/71% Expedition uptime nerf.
    - All this skill is now is trading 4k mag for 160-500 stam regen which is one of the most easily obtained buffs (All to cover up ZoS eff up with jewelry traits)

Honestly, all most of use have left to say to you (ZoS) is....

:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on October 18, 2018 5:56PM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~~snip~~

PREACH!
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To explain the situation to anyone at zos who is confused by the current outrage of the Magden community... Magden was exposed as an incomplete class when screaming cliff racer was balanced and it became a joke in the PvP community when the stun was removed from fissure, fetcher infection became reflectable and screaming cliff racer was sped up as a "buff to its reliablity" which caused its damage to no longer line up with that of deep fissure for burst combos... These things and the general state of Magden PvP was brought up in the forums and by the class reps several times and yet you guys continued to nerf Magden basically every single patch even though it is wildly recognized by the PvP community as the worst subclass in the game in need of serious buffs... The Murkmire Magden buffs such as the Deep Fissure ~800 cost decrease, Blue Betty ~1k mag restore increase, and the Advanced Species 1% Passive damage increase don't even come close to cancelling out the Murkmire Magden nerfs such as the Eternal Guardian 30% damage nerf, Fetcher Infection 30% cost increase, Bird of Prey front bar berserk restriction and 60% speed duration decrease upon activation... While us Magden mains had really high hopes for gaining some more offensive capabilities and class definition in Murkmire to balance our beloved characters with the other classes we ended up with a patch that hurt Magdens viability and class definition badly...

The two ultimate pain points of the Magden community are the weakness of the ice element from a dps perspective and the general dyssynergy of Magden's offensive toolkit...

First, the cryomancy aspect of the practically dead Magden subclass which makes up a significant amount of its class identity apart from the very popular Stamden subclass is extraordinarily weak because the abilities and passives of the winters embrace tree have been tailored to function ONLY for warden tanks instead of for both warden mages and warden tanks... The result of the "ice is for tanks only" concept has left Magden with only 4 viable offensive abilities while the other classes have significantly more firepower and offensive diversity. Magdk has 12 viable offensive abilities, Magplar has 10, Magsorc has 9, and Magblade has 9... Because of this imbalance, the Magden community would very much appreciate if the people at ZOS could at reconsider their view on ice tanking and add some real offensive power to the winters embrace tree.
    Some ideas for the winters embrace tree that are very popular amonst Magden mains are a good ice dot on the new arctic blast, a complete rework of the crystalized slab morph of crystalized shield into an offensive morph with a proc condition to give Ice magdens a class defining skills (something like "shimmering swords" would give offensive ice mages some identity sort of how power lash, crystal frags, assassins will gives identity to Magdks, Magsorcs, and Magblades), a rework of the Frozen Retreat morph of Frozen gate so that it keeps its ally pull/enemy root, gains additional damage, and losses its enemy pull

Second, the abilities in Magdens offensive toolkit just dont work well together... This is a threefold problem... First, while Magden was seemingly designed to be a kitting or ranged controlling type class as shown by that the secondary condition of their main spammable screaming cliff racer is that the ability does more damage the further you are from your target and that their main burst skill deep fissure is aimed and delayed, Magden just doesn't have the mobility (good expedition uptime and snare/root immunity) or crowd control capabilities (viable ranged cc/snares/roots) to build distance or control opponents. Second, as previously mentioned, the change to screaming cliff racers projectile speed increase ruined the synergy that this skill had with deep fissure. Third, the cost increase to fletcher infection has made the double cast mechanic of this skill very undesirable.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To explain the situation to anyone at zos who is confused by the current outrage of the Magden community... Magden was exposed as an incomplete class when screaming cliff racer was balanced and it became a joke in the PvP community when the stun was removed from fissure, fetcher infection became reflectable and screaming cliff racer was sped up as a "buff to its reliablity" which caused its damage to no longer line up with that of deep fissure for burst combos... These things and the general state of Magden PvP was brought up in the forums and by the class reps several times and yet you guys continued to nerf Magden basically every single patch even though it is wildly recognized by the PvP community as the worst subclass in the game in need of serious buffs... The Murkmire Magden buffs such as the Deep Fissure ~800 cost decrease, Blue Betty ~1k mag restore increase, and the Advanced Species 1% Passive damage increase don't even come close to cancelling out the Murkmire Magden nerfs such as the Eternal Guardian 30% damage nerf, Fetcher Infection 30% cost increase, Bird of Prey front bar berserk restriction and 60% speed duration decrease upon activation... While us Magden mains had really high hopes for gaining some more offensive capabilities and class definition in Murkmire to balance our beloved characters with the other classes we ended up with a patch that hurt Magdens viability and class definition badly...

The two ultimate pain points of the Magden community are the weakness of the ice element from a dps perspective and the general dyssynergy of Magden's offensive toolkit...

First, the cryomancy aspect of the practically dead Magden subclass which makes up a significant amount of its class identity apart from the very popular Stamden subclass is extraordinarily weak because the abilities and passives of the winters embrace tree have been tailored to function ONLY for warden tanks instead of for both warden mages and warden tanks... The result of the "ice is for tanks only" concept has left Magden with only 4 viable offensive abilities while the other classes have significantly more firepower and offensive diversity. Magdk has 12 viable offensive abilities, Magplar has 10, Magsorc has 9, and Magblade has 9... Because of this imbalance, the Magden community would very much appreciate if the people at ZOS could at reconsider their view on ice tanking and add some real offensive power to the winters embrace tree.
    Some ideas for the winters embrace tree that are very popular amonst Magden mains are a good ice dot on the new arctic blast, a complete rework of the crystalized slab morph of crystalized shield into an offensive morph with a proc condition to give Ice magdens a class defining skills (something like "shimmering swords" would give offensive ice mages some identity sort of how power lash, crystal frags, assassins will gives identity to Magdks, Magsorcs, and Magblades), a rework of the Frozen Retreat morph of Frozen gate so that it keeps its ally pull/enemy root, gains additional damage, and losses its enemy pull

Second, the abilities in Magdens offensive toolkit just dont work well together... This is a threefold problem... First, while Magden was seemingly designed to be a kitting or ranged controlling type class as shown by that the secondary condition of their main spammable screaming cliff racer is that the ability does more damage the further you are from your target and that their main burst skill deep fissure is aimed and delayed, Magden just doesn't have the mobility (good expedition uptime and snare/root immunity) or crowd control capabilities (viable ranged cc/snares/roots) to build distance or control opponents. Second, as previously mentioned, the change to screaming cliff racers projectile speed increase ruined the synergy that this skill had with deep fissure. Third, the cost increase to fletcher infection has made the double cast mechanic of this skill very undesirable.

Totally agreed. I just want to add deep fissure and permafrost both are still most impactful when being close up to a bunch of enemies (you want to hit em all, not just the one being closest to you) - which directly contradicts screaming cliffracer dmg bonus design. The class is flawed, it doesn't line up design & gameplay wise.

It's so obvious, yet none of the creators seem to care even a tiny bit. It's a shame, really.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Totally agreed. I just want to add deep fissure and permafrost both are still most impactful when being close up to a bunch of enemies (you want to hit em all, not just the one being closest to you) - which directly contradicts screaming cliffracer dmg bonus design. The class is flawed, it doesn't line up design & gameplay wise.

It's so obvious, yet none of the creators seem to care even a tiny bit. It's a shame, really.

Which is surprising now that the class is a crown store item. I had thought they rework it a bit when they separated it from Morrowind and sold it on its own. Right now, only StamWarden justifies the class.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Which is surprising now that the class is a crown store item. I had thought they rework it a bit when they separated it from Morrowind and sold it on its own. Right now, only StamWarden justifies the class.

Well, it would be dishonest to just say agree here. I do think that there is no other setup that acts as much of a force multiplier to a smallscale (not solo) grp as a magicka warden. That's a significant strength, mainly carried by corrupting, permafrost and fissure (in that order). Corrupting is (imho) the most powerful & gamechanging skill in small grp PvP across all classes and skills available.

If you look beyond that carry mechanic, theres nothing. It's a chaotic puzzle of design ideas and recent uninformed bandaid reworks that just don't match up with each other.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy