The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anguish is now useless

Strider__Roshin
Strider__Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Now you have a 25% chance you proc a ring on the ground that explodes after 1.2 seconds causing the debuff with a 6 second cool down.

Sorry Stam, once again we don't get anything good while magicka gets two very powerful sets.
  • THE_BIG_BOSS
    THE_BIG_BOSS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, thanks god. stam is already GOD in pvp, no need for another sloads.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This shouldn't be the answer ever. Really glad this set got nerfed
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They should have changed it entirely so that Stam got a powerful set for once that wasn't cheesey.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought this was what everyone wanted?
    Playing since beta...
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    I thought this was what everyone wanted?

Most wanted it to be nerfed yes, but those that crutch on sets however, desperately needed it. And honestly could still be good for Dawn Spin dumps.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Better now than in 3-4 months after the forums are flooded with complaints.

Hence the purpose of the PTS is validated.
    Edited by brandonv516 on October 8, 2018 6:10PM
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Valrien wrote: »
    "Sorry Stam, once again we don't get anything good while magicka gets two very powerful sets."

Hahahahaha

oh

You were serious

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh you don't think Bright Throat nor Strategist is powerful? Lol okay I'll keep that in mind next time you make an evaluation.

I mean, they're okay...could be better, but not really what I was getting at.

Stam doesnt need anything at the moment lol
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still sounds powerful when it connects so I'm fine with it.
    Argonian forever
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excuse me for not shedding any tears.

It’s not useless anyway, it’s still good in team fights, it’s just useless in 1v1s, as it should be.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank god.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, you were able to do extensive testing of this set incredibly quickly.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good. Not like this set should've existed for anyone anyways
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

Yeah it's amazing what having decent reading comprehension can do for you.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They should have changed it entirely so that Stam got a powerful set for once that wasn't cheesey.

Face it powerfull means cheesy.
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Better now than in 3-4 months after the forums are flooded with complaints.

Hence the purpose of the PTS is validated.

Good point.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

Yeah it's amazing what having decent reading comprehension can do for you.

So you read all the other analysis of this change in chat while testing on the PTS and added that information to your own opinion? Touche'
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have prefered it just be removed. We don't need any more xv1 sets in the game.
    Edited by Crixus8000 on October 8, 2018 6:24PM
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice one zenimax! This set was absolutely broken and something had to be done. Now the set is useful for groupvgroup but useless when xv1ing. Really ,nice job here.
    And I’m a stamina dk main,every decent stamina player (and non shield player) was complaining about it.
    I only hope we get a decent buffing wd set (comparable to fury/7th) next pts cycle
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    This set will connect, the proc time wont give enough time for everyone to react, and now hits all people in a range, so is ok.

Gives you time to react, but will surely be used to deal with the earthgore zergs
    Edited by Hixtory on October 8, 2018 6:27PM
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's keeping someone from just CCing their opponent whenever the ring pops up? Idk about anyone else but I'm going to be preparing for our stamina magden, major defile + Anguish + spin2win + Borrowed time overlords in group play.

Who's ready to have major defile and 10k with of heal absorb on em from the class that can serve as a functional stamina healer while still dishing out monstrous aoe damage? And then be stunned in the middle of all that.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed several baiting comments. This is a reminder to keep comments civil and constructive.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

Amplification of your strength is not cheesy. Sets that do damage for you are. And yes the original form of Anguish was cheesy. I was hoping they were going to rework it entirely, but nope it's just another useless set that wasn't even worth working on. They should've just allocated their time on something else instead of wasting it on the creation of this set.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new Anguish will favor melee heavy stam brawlers who LA weave. It'll still be very strong on those toons. Add a reverb when it procs and your target can't heal but has to waste resources trying.
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Amplification of your strength is not cheesy. Sets that do damage for you are. And yes the original form of Anguish was cheesy. I was hoping they were going to rework it entirely, but nope it's just another useless set that wasn't even worth working on. They should've just allocated their time on something else instead of wasting it on the creation of this set.

It went from cheesy, skillless auto-proc from you having to actually do something to get the proc to land, and provides counterplay.

It sounds like exactly what you're after - strong, but not cheesy. Though they haven't told us how big the ring is, and I suppose if it was -extremely- small it'd be a bit meh.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now you have a 25% chance you proc a ring on the ground that explodes after 1.2 seconds causing the debuff with a 6 second cool down.

Sorry Stam, once again we don't get anything good while magicka gets two very powerful sets.

Yeah, ofc stamina builds the already most OP builds in PvP are now complaining that their newest OP toy is taken away from them. The set was and is OP and should have never even made it onto the PTS, it is as ill-conceived as Sloads and Shield Breaker. Even after the nerf the set is still too strong b/c many magicka builds lack the capability to move quickly. 1.25 seconds is not enough time for the perma snared magicka builds to travel a great distance. Even for magSorcs with streak and NBs with shades it is impossible if they have to bar swap.

Stamina ofc is a different story with the high speed and slow & root immunity, constantly being on the move and therefore most likely not inside the circle when it explodes. So yes ... you stamina players got it really tough. Especially since heal is not your major line of defense but the "no-bar-slot-required" dodge and block are.

PS: should make you wonder, why, if magicka (in your own words) are always getting the more powerful sets, is stamina completely dominating in PvP? (PvP is what you care about as is evident from your posts).
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good... it was gonna destined to be sloads 2.0 if it went live as is
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great change. The set now allows counter play and the previous iteration was going to flood the forums with tears till the next update.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this is still a good set, but it is no longer a no-brainer. That’s how sets should be.

Thank you.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Strong < Powerfull ≤ Cheesy
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank God
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations