The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Frozen Launcher and Broken Game Since 9/4 Patch

BlueLisica
BlueLisica
Soul Shriven
On September 4 I tried to download the patch but it froze the launcher. I did everything I could find to try to fix the issue, including uninstalling and reinstalling the entire giant game. I opened a support ticket but was only told to do all of the things I had already done. Now customer service just tells me to watch the forum for updates while I've been stuck with a completely broken game for over 2 weeks. They also told me that problems don't get relayed to the devs and to post my problem on the forum. So apparently opening a support ticket is worthless and a waste of time. I have invested a lot of time and money into this game under the faith that I would always be able to play it. I've logged over 1k hours as it was one of my favorite games. It's been over 2 weeks and they have done nothing to fix this patch/launcher issue. Nor has this company done anything to compensate all the players who are affected with this patch/launcher issue which results in a completely broken game. I see others have the exact same issue as me and one even has the same errors in their report as mine. I canceled my Plus membership because why continue to pay for a broken game that I cannot play. I think that all of the players with this issue should band together and file a class action lawsuit against the company because apparently they are not going to fix the problem.
Also out of all the games I have played over the years I have never had a completely broken game until ESO. One game did have a Steam launcher issue but they let us download the game from their site while they fixed the problem, so it wasn't a completely broken game either because it was playable from their site. ESO players on Steam with this patch/launcher issue have not even been given that option.
UPDATE I just received another reply from customer service:
"We have confirmed this is an ISP issue. We have reached out to the internet providers who are blocking the associated files, and at this point, it’s up to them to resolve the problem. In the meantime, using a different network path could fix the problem and allow you to fully patch the game since this issue only affects certain files. In this case, you could try using VPN. Have you attempted this option? We are currently looking into ways to prevent ISPs from doing this to our traffic in the future. You may also want to check our Players Helping Players forum to see how other players are resolving this issue. Unfortunately, at this point there is nothing much we can do other than the steps suggested above. Please let us know if they work in case you decide to try."
So they said they are NOT GOING TO FIX THE PATCH FILES AFFECTED. How is it isp related if affected players are not on the same isp and not all players on the same isp are affected?

Time for a lawsuit!
Edited by BlueLisica on September 20, 2018 2:04PM
This discussion has been closed.