Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Wardens

• Lord_Ninka
    Lord_Ninka
    ✭✭✭
    I have tried out the new Arctic blast and I must say I'm really sorry about losing one of my already few frost damage abilities. I will miss the frost damage both as tank, DD and healer. It's both the damage itself that I miss and the chance to apply chilled.
    And while it makes sense for every class to have their own stun, it's just not something I've missed on my wardens, there are stuns from other skill lines that I prefer anyway, so for me it will just mean I stop slotting Arctic Blast if it goes live as it is on the pts right now.
    Edited by Lord_Ninka on October 5, 2018 2:00PM
  • WillParkinson
    WillParkinson
    ✭✭
    Lord_Ninka wrote: »
    I have tried out the new Arctic blast and I must say I'm really sorry about losing one of my already few frost damage abilities. I will miss the frost damage both as tank, DD and healer. It's both the damage itself that I miss and the chance to apply chilled.
    And while it makes sense for every class to have their own stun, it's just not something I've missed on my wardens, there are stuns from other skill lines that I prefer anyway, so for me it will just mean I stop slotting Arctic Blast if it goes live as it is on the pts right now.

Quoted for truth.

• Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Quoted for truth.

Stun is absolutely something that many have missed. Blast or at least not combining Polar and Blast together and then giving us this one. It was completely wrong way of doing it.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• WillParkinson
    WillParkinson
    ✭✭

Quoted for truth.

Stun is absolutely something that many have missed. Blast or at least not combining Polar and Blast together and then giving us this one. It was completely wrong way of doing it.

I didn't miss stun. They never last long, they usually affect only one target, and too many things were stun immune, or were easy to break. BUT! If others miss it, then yes, it should be worked in somewhere. We already have ice clench, so maybe make that a stun since we have other holds.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Quoted for truth.

I didn't miss stun. They never last long, they usually affect only one target, and too many things were stun immune, or were easy to break. BUT! If others miss it, then yes, it should be worked in somewhere. We already have ice clench, so maybe make that a stun since we have other holds.

Okay, clearly you dont PvP.
    True, no one misses a Stun in PvE, its useless. Roots are far better.
    But in PvP Stun is king. Its most of the reason you get a kill. You need to stop the enemy long enough to finish them off. Without a Stun, anyone with moderate experience and who is not out numbered, will just heal back up.

[snip]

[Edit for bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on October 5, 2018 11:16PM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• WillParkinson
    WillParkinson
    ✭✭

Quoted for truth.

But in PvP Stun is king. Its most of the reason you get a kill. You need to stop the enemy long enough to finish them off. Without a Stun, anyone with moderate experience and who is not out numbered, will just heal back up.

[snip]

[Edit for bait.]

Excuse me? Where does it say this is a thread for Wardens in PvP? We are equally entitled to give our opinions, just as you are. Keep the snippy attitude, because I have every right to my say since I pay for my game and membership just like you.

You're right, I don't PvP, but the whole game doesn't revolve around it either. Those of us who PvE have every right to make suggestions about the game we're playing.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on October 5, 2018 11:17PM
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Quoted for truth.

[snip]

[Edit for bait.]

Excuse me? Where does it say this is a thread for Wardens in PvP? We are equally entitled to give our opinions, just as you are. Keep the snippy attitude, because I have every right to my say since I pay for my game and membership just like you.

You're right, I don't PvP, but the whole game doesn't revolve around it either. Those of us who PvE have every right to make suggestions about the game we're playing.

The thread no, but the new Blast, and specificly the Stun yes. So getting ZoS to fix something is hampered by people counter arguing something that doesn't effect them in the least

[snip]

[Edit for bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on October 5, 2018 11:17PM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• WillParkinson
    WillParkinson
    ✭✭
    The thread no, but the new Blast, and specificly the Stun yes. So getting ZoS to fix something is hampered by people counter arguing something that doesn't effect them in the least

If you want me to give attitude, I can. I suspect you will not like :unamused: [/quote]

I have no intention of 'giving you attitude'. I disagree with your assessment, given that now neither of the morphs do damage, which is part of the concern on behalf of those of us on the DPS side.

I do understand what you're saying, honestly, I just don't like the way they worked it. If all we wanted was a heal, we have the green tree for that.
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Quoted for truth.

[snip]

[Edit for bait.]

This isn't a PvP thread. It's about feedback for the proposed changes to the Warden.

Please don't shut people out of the conversation because of your particular interest. This is for Warden in general.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on October 5, 2018 11:18PM
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] all I'm saying is Don't say something is unimportant, when it is. Saying Stun isn't important is as relevant has saying Sorcs aren't important. Just because you don't play a Sorc doesn't mean they're not important. Just because you don't play the aspect of the game where a Stun matter doesn't mean it's not important.
    But hey now that's 6 different post wasting space on this thread. 1 from each of you and 3 from mean answering. :unamused: no wonder ZoS doesn't fix Warden.
    Year and a half and this is the closed they have come. But they had to add in 2 crippling nerfs

[Edit for bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on October 5, 2018 11:19PM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After removing a few posts for baiting, we must ask that all posts be kept civil and constructive.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been a lot of feedback, here and in the General Discussion forum.

Are the proposed Warden changes going through at this point? Or is this a placebo. The conversation seems to be one sided, and we're not getting any indication that the nerfs are going to be dialed back, or remain as is.
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zathras wrote: »

Are the proposed Warden changes going through at this point? Or is this a placebo. The conversation seems to be one sided, and we're not getting any indication that the nerfs are going to be dialed back, or remain as is.

We will find out Monday, but historically ZoS only does bug fixes at this point in a PTS cycle.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what could have used the stun? Fissure. Or one of the swarm skills (infection more likely, as growing swarm is great pve-wise). Or even polar wind. But definitely not arctic blast.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They really need another skill to provide frost damage. I say give it to Expansive Frost Cloak.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    They really need another skill to provide frost damage. I say give it to Expansive Frost Cloak.

Growing Swarm, and have the Icy Fetcherflies spread when the Chilled status is applied instead of when the effect ends
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone post what the new Tooltp is for Arctic Blast and the morphs?

Does it scale off health?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • WillParkinson
    WillParkinson
    ✭✭

We will find out Monday, but historically ZoS only does bug fixes at this point in a PTS cycle.

So while everyone else is getting their things looked at, wardens get ignored?

• weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

@max_only No, it doesn't. From the patch notes:
    Arctic Blast (morph): This morph now fires a projectile that stuns the target in addition to healing you. It requires an enemy target to cast the ability. This ability also no longer deals damage over time based on your maximum health.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »

Arctic Blast (morph): This morph now fires a projectile that stuns the target in addition to healing you. It requires an enemy target to cast the ability. This ability also no longer deals damage over time based on your maximum health.

@weedgenius you got that half wrong. The Heal still heals based on max health. The damage that scaled on max health is gone.

@WillParkinson everyone is being ignored equally. The Shield Change revert was the exception, necause if the giant community push back. Unfortunately Wardens aren’t common enough to generate the same level of push back.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• WillParkinson
    WillParkinson
    ✭✭

@weedgenius you got that half wrong. The Heal still heals based on max health. The damage that scaled on max health is gone.

@WillParkinson everyone is being ignored equally. The Shield Change revert was the exception, necause if the giant community push back. Unfortunately Wardens aren’t common enough to generate the same level of push back.

:sigh: Got any suggestions for a new game?

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks I saw the patch notes I was looking for the exact wording because of this:

This is the wording I was looking for thank you.

I’d still like to know the wording in the tooltip, helps me figure out if I’m going to be tanking with it or not. Heal based on health is obviously for tanks but the damaged not based on health is really dumb.
    Edited by max_only on October 7, 2018 5:00AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arctic blast change is sad and not needed really.
    Magdens have stun, it's not ideal but clench works.
    I did adapt when they removed stun from deep fissure.
    I really don't understand the utility of a skill that heals but needs a target to activate.
    That is just ridiculous.
    They could keep the skill as it was and add a stun effect the first time you take dmg from an enemy player.
    Or at least remove the heal effect but keep the dot.
    The skill now doesn't make any sense.

On a side note, can someone please explain me why the community is angry about bird of prey?
    The only times I ever slotted the skill in pvp was for when I was running scrolls, that's it.
    Is the movement speed so important for your pvp playstile?
    I admit that in pvp I rely alot on proc sets and drain pots, which is probably the reason why I never use it.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't understand the utility of a skill that heals but needs a target to activate.
    That is just ridiculous.
    They could keep the skill as it was and add a stun effect the first time you take dmg from an enemy player.

On a side note, can someone please explain me why the community is angry about bird of prey?
    The only times I ever slotted the skill in pvp was for when I was running scrolls, that's it.
    I admit that in pvp I rely alot on proc sets and drain pots, which is probably the reason why I never use it.

Yes I agree they certainly did screw up the arctic blast stun change because while it was Magden who wanted a class stun they reworked the ability into a Health based heal with no damage whatsoever... it should seriously have had a mag scaling ice dot in addition to its stun so that it would be good enough to outclass flame clench... if Arctic Blast was truly designed to appease the Magden PvP community, the ones who were asking for a class stun, they should have made it interesting from a dps perspective...

The change to bird of prey is so infuriating because expedition is essential on most Magden PvP builds due to the facts that deep fissure needs to be aimed and screaming cliff racer works better the further you are from your target... for these abilities to work effectively, the caster must be mobile, and the change to bird of preys expedition uptime makes it impossible for Magden to keep a good uptime on expedition unless they are spamming the ability (quite ironic considering that it was in zos agenda to reduce how buff spammy Magden was)... Magden’s offensive toolkit is based around kiting and yet it had no tools (snare removal, root removal, ranged snares, ranged roots, teleportation, invisibility) to do this besides the uniquely high expedition uptime provided by bird of prey... when zos removed expedition from Magdens by making its uptime unsustainable and impractical in an offensive rotation in order to conform it to the new arbitrary rules they established for expedition they further broke Magdens ability to compete in PvP and enraged an already hurting community that was hoping for buffs to their dying subclass this patch
    Edited by _Ahala_ on October 7, 2018 7:16AM
  • WillParkinson
    WillParkinson
    ✭✭
    When Wardens were introduced, I was super-excited. I love the idea of a nature-based character, and couldn't wait to jump into it. Now? We're the forgotten stepchildren living in a closet under the stairs. I waited to see if ZoS was going to finally listen to the community that paid them good money to get the class, but to no avail. Patch after patch, Wardens were pushed farther and farther down the list of necessary classes until we're given pity slots, assuming no one else can be taken along.

There is nothing we really bring to the table, and ZoS doesn't seem to care

Which is really too bad. There was so much potential, if only they'd listened to their customer base.

Ah, well. It was fun while it lasted.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Said it once and its worth repeating.....if ZOS reads these....

Separate skills for PVE and PVP!!! It can be done. Not hard really. Would save soooo much grief and complaining and in-fighting amongst the two playstyles communities Really...it would. Just do it...don't be scared...leap of faith guys! ;).
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:sigh: Got any suggestions for a new game?

I've gone back to my Mesmer and Elementalist in GW2, and am building up my crafters there again. They've really improved the game since I left 4 years ago, especially with the newest xpac. Considering how things are going here, I imagine I'll be gone for quite some time.

• Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stun is bad and 10% hp (5% in pvp ~1.3k heal) heal of a normal damage spec in pvp is nothing.

Also wardens loosing another source of ice damage.
    Edited by Zer0oo on October 7, 2018 3:28PM
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is just ridiculous.

Well for one thing, the Netch bug means Wardens can’t mount so often. This was countered by movement speed.
    Two, Warden doesn’t have a class gap closer. This was okay because movement speed was the gap closer, especially on MagDen, but even StamDen doesn’t have room for one.
    Stam Warden had a unquie play stil in that is half stand your ground half kit.
    The fact that you could play with or without BoP was a good thing, it’s diversity. This is just another case of ZoS homogenizing everything. Another Stam class being pigeon with all weapon skills. I have know idea what to do with MagDen, the movement speed is how you lined up Fissure, it’s not like the new Stun that moves like a slug will help line anything up.

Edited by Maura_Neysa on October 7, 2018 8:32PM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or I got it half right...

PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens