The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Templar

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @Cinbri 's suggestions.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    @danno8 I came to conclusion that bug is not coz altitude difference. Just too oftenly it bug on even terrains.

Couple thoughts and ideas:
    1.Crescent Sweep:
    A. have to note that dot was changed to be counted as direct damage but only CP-wise, apparently coz changes to how morphs works. So, on CP: since magplars have far more points in dot CP than in direct damage CP - in compare to live version dot will deal less than flat 60% damage boost, because it will be boosted by direct damage CP; on no CP it will be flat 60% increase.
    B. Improve uniqueness of Crescent Sweep: I really liked this idea implemented into nb Incap ultimate where ultimate can have different effect while scaling with ultimate points, it opens entire new possibilities. So, exact same could be made for Radial Sweep ult with its morphs: allow it to scale to 120ult that activate ability to stun people infront of you for Crescent. Or both morphs of Radial to stun people around..
    a. it will help with AoE CC and will make more inline Dawnbreaker with Radial with is "class"-alternative ult.
    b. 120 ult instead of 130 for couple reasons: 1. its effect not scale with Restoring Spirit passive so it will remain 120 no matter what, but other ults does. So it will be equal in cost with class defensive ult - Rite of Passage which is 120ult. In combat it means use both those ults on main/back bar upon reaching 120 ult will grant choice - go offense or go defense. 2. Incapacitating Strike is 120 ult but other ults that would have similar effects to Crescent - Dragon Leap that is 6.5m damage with stun, Dawnbreaker of Smiting that stuns in its AoE - are 125 ult; and here Crescent will cost 5% less as symbolic scaling of Restoring Spirit.

2. Master Ritualist:
    I believe it next passive that should be looked at. When was leveling new templar it was frustrating to read passive description, there is no incentive to invest points into it. Its passive that have almost no effect for class itself, not allow to fulfill the role of passive to boosting class capabilites in what they want to do. Instead of helping in dps, or healing or tanking, it just a allow to redeem a already made failure. It would be much better to have all-round passive that actively helps templars to prevent negative results instead of starting to work only when it happened. It could be made by affecting couple passives at a time. Just like Spear Wall passive was made to actually affect full tree-line of Aedric Spear.
    Its main purpose of being just resurrect speed-buff is just uneffective: a. it badly stack with other resurrect boost skills, to prevent it being OP, but as result decrease its effectiveness per se. If someone wana build on resurrects - there is already granted possibilities by CP, sets, Alliance passives that allow to effectively favor resurrect without severe any class passives capabilities. b. In combat itself it cant be valuable as main role of resurrect, and zos showed that they share this idea - by sets like Kagrenac and Hanu: Kagrenac was originally just resurrect speedbuff, but it was buffed to have solid boost to spd as 5pc bonus, coz iorst of all set just like passives should benefit user to invested in it; then Hanu set released - it grant one of the strongest ingame major buffs on resurrect, but even despite so it still grant additional max mana as 5pc bonus, so wearer can benefit from wearing set in actual combat, all the time, even despite main bonus based on resurrect.
    So, couple ideas how it could be changed to actually be viable for templar: First of all - remove 2ult per cast of Healing Ritual on wounded allies from Light Weaver passive. It not making this skill more attractive while also not working with rest of the skill tree, while in extreme situations it works too good(14ult per cast). Also this is another effect that affect mostly allies instead of class that invest points into passive
    A. Change Master Ritualist to grant minor heroism for 3 seconds buff when healed by Restoring Tree skill while below 75% hp threshold. - with such mechanic: a. it will be equalized in term of mechanic with Spear Wall - i.e. working with entire skill tree. b. it will actually help templar in action instead of being loose-end passive. c. it will be all-round passive that will help dps/tank/healer templar roles. d. it wont be possible to stack this passive to grant bigger ult generation like current mechanic of Healing ritual e. its duration is equal to Spear Wall passive and benefit from from it - minor buff provide 1 ult per 1.5 sec, means in 3 sec of ult it will be 2ult granted, same as from Light Weaver, but unstackable. f. it proc condition based on already existing mechanic of Honor the Dead that proved to be nice. g. it will equally affect both magplars/stamplars.
    On loose end - it wont be effective to stack with sets that grant minor heroism.
    B. Do exact same change as above^^, but switch Ritualist and Restoring Spirit passives and proc by activating Dawn Wrath skills. With such change result is : a. Restoring Spirit passive that boost sustain will be in skill-tree that is affect sustain, while Ritualist will be in skill-tree that grant ultimates in combat. b. it will be more aggressive one as it will proc from damage skills that used by both spec magplar/stamplar.

100%... perfect
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was the feedback I submitted to Zos:
    Community Feedback for Templars

The first thing I would mention is that this was the one part of the class section of the PTS notes that players were genuinely excited to read. Magplars are pleased with their single target DPS. It’s a model for how to approach changes in the future. So, whatever is listed here are just things to make a good set of changes better and should not be seen as representative of Templar frustration.

Puncturing Strikes:
    This is the number one concern templars have. In order of importance:
    1. There is widespread belief that something (the champion system in the most likely culprit) is mitigating the damage by too much. See Cinbri’s post and notes here and here. See my comparison of damage here (note how my Burning Light damage is similar but my Sweeps damage is so much lower).
    2. All templars are worried that Evasion will basically be up on every stamina character as well as magicka NBs, which means our spammable will be mitigated by 25% against the majority of opponents. My personal suggestion if to make it so the “closest target” which received the damage boost does not get mitigated by Evasion.
    3. The targeting reform was helpful and appreciated, but it’s still hard to hit skillful agile players. Speed disparity is definitely an issue so what was said at the meeting ought to help. Giving Templars some more class control would also help.

Links:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/396641/puncturing-strikes-and-red-cp-in-u17/p1
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5468303/#Comment_5468303
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5461318/#Comment_5461318

Crescent Sweep:
    Swapping the morphs did give all Templars more options.
    1. The main concern Templars have with Radial Sweep (i.e. both morphs) is that it just misses sometimes, even targets standing right next to the Templar.
    2. The radius/range of this ultimate is too short
    3. It’s difficult to test just how effective Crescent Sweep is because penetration values are not scaling correctly on the PTS. There is some concern Dawnbreaker/Meteor/Soul Assault still might be better options.
    4. The change made to the pulse ought to help #3. Aside from increasing the range, another option might be to model it after Incapacitating Strike, and have the ultimate stun at 120 ultimate (and thus making the templar ultimate always the go to choice for “magplars” rather than Dawnbreaker).

Rune Focus:
    “Stamplars” are happy to get a source of resource management here. This change alone has made some excited to play the next patch. Some things to consider though:
    1. A number of Templars (I can’t say what %, it’s a fair number) have suggested to keep the cost of the skill magicka. Magicka “dumps” are generally preferred by stamina-oriented characters.
    2. While the stamina sustain in nice, it’s coming at a pretty hefty price: the complete loss of minor vitality and easy 100% uptime on major protection (more on that below).

Loss of Minor Vitality
    There is concern for PvP that the rune focus changes are just going to push “Stamplars” to heavy armor to recoup the “tankiness” they lost from the old Rune Focus. Also, “stamplars” and even “magplars” get limited use out of the Mending passive as it only effects Restoring Light heals as that means Vigors, Rallies, Mutagens, Purifying Lights, Puncturing Strikes, etc., are all unaffected.
    1. Perhaps make is so Mending effects all healing
    2. Perhaps put back Minor Vitality in the Templar kit, maybe to the lackluster Ritualist passive upon activation of a Restoring Light skill.

Change to Aedric Spear:
    While the passive is more versatile, it might not be better. One of the frustrating aspects of this change is that a unique 15% block mitigation is being taken away from the Templar kit to be replaced by a generic buff that can be acquired elsewhere and by other classes. This may be a goal of ZOS’s in that this is an established pattern for the past three years, but it represents the further homogenization and loss of distinctiveness of the classes and it’s not just templars that dislike this sort of change. Getting down to brass tacks:
    1. A blocking templar will always be worse off after update 20. Potentially noticeably worse off because they can’t block-cast Puncturing Strikes and thus might not be able to maintain the short uptime of minor protection (Sun Shield is still undesirable to all except *very* high health tank builds.)
    2. A non-tank oriented Templar can very easily have the 15% reduction from the old Spear Wall and 100% uptime on the 8% Minor Protection from Restoring Focus. This is now not possible, and another reason for the attraction of heavy armor.
    3. In a PvP environment, at present I do not want to use *any* Aedric Spear abilities (Sweeps: see damage bug above and it’s too hard to hit players, Javelin messes up my Eclipse, Toppling Charge is lackluster and too slow to hit anyone, Spear Shards no longer stuns and is easily avoided, Sun Shield is not good except on high health troll builds). So I’m pretty much never going to gain the benefits of that passive whereas on Live I will always gain the benefit of Spear Wall while I need it (i.e. blocking, I slot Sweeps for the passive critical damage, not because I want to use the skill).
    4. In short, the situations in which this passive is better are narrow and it’s coming at the cost of something that is unique to the Templar kit. At a minimum the duration ought to be extended (to perhaps 6 seconds) and even then, every one of the Aedric Spear abilities (except perhaps the new Radial Sweep, we still need to see how that actually plays) is in need of reform to ensure these skills are used and that passive is activated.
    5. The removal of class unique features is something that should not be encouraged at all.

Radiant Destruction:
    I haven’t tested the damage to see if it indeed is the same. But I do know the empty channel in the beginning of skill is still there and it should be removed just like the empty channel was removed from Soul Assault. I can get bashed before the spell even activates and does damage. Also, with the frantic pace of combat and burst shields/heals, a target can get super quick get out of execute range, which defeats the whole point of slotting the ability in the first place.

Other “Pain Points” for consideration in future update
    1. Solar Flare (both morphs) are not popular. The 40% reduction to the Solar Barrage morph was too much and Corrupting Pollen outshines what Dark Flare is supposed to do.
    2. Restoring Aura (and the magicka morph Radiant Aura) provides a generic buff that is not cost effective at all.
    3. Light Weaver (just bad), Master Ritualist (overshadowed by gear, soul gems are not exciting), Balanced Warrior (not very balanced considering Sorcerer Expert Mage grants bonus to weapon damage), Burning Light (should not be blockable) are all passives that should be reformed
    4. Focused Charge (both morphs) are outdated. Cast-times are rare because most people dislike them so off balance feature never comes into play. This aside from the frustrating range limitation, it’s slow speed, lackluster damage, and inability to control opponents (spell is too slow to hit people with Toppling morph, Explosive may hit dodge-roller, but they soon leave Templar in the dust).
    5. Various Aedric spear abilities (see above).
    6. Restoring Aura passive should be reverted to what it was in Beta.
    Edited by Joy_Division on September 26, 2018 9:33PM
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    The point about aedric spear line is very very important, aedric spear skill line is weak at all. i dont use any aedric skill.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just about every templar uses a form of shards and the buff it recieved is much appreciated.

Jabs/sweeps needs work, sun shield and charge are irredeemable messes and its too early to judge javelin.

Yeah i agree about the assessment of aedric spear skill line
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant will be nerfed to 1.8 second channel with a 15% reduction to damage and 35% increase to cost...
    Cost is almost 5K Magicka! Most expensive and slowest executioner with lower damage. I have to call this a nerf for Magplars.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    Radiant will be nerfed to 1.8 second channel with a 15% reduction to damage and 35% increase to cost...
    Cost is almost 5K Magicka! Most expensive and slowest executioner with lower damage. I have to call this a nerf for Magplars.

Why are so many people reading this patch note wrong?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are going to make shields total cap at 40% health. Couldnt they get rid of the shield reduction in battle spirit? Would really help our Sun Shield. Them trying to address Hardened Ward and Annulment with a blanket nerf like that is what killed it to begin with.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Stibbons wrote: »

Why are so many people reading this patch note wrong?

i dont know lol
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭

Outstanding. Thank you!

P.S. I did not tl;dr this one. I read every word :)
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO

The first thing I would mention is that this was the one part of the class section of the PTS notes that players were genuinely excited to read. Magplars are pleased with their single target DPS. It’s a model for how to approach changes in the future. So, whatever is listed here are just things to make a good set of changes better and should not be seen as representative of Templar frustration.

Puncturing Strikes:
    This is the number one concern templars have. In order of importance:
    1. There is widespread belief that something (the champion system in the most likely culprit) is mitigating the damage by too much. See Cinbri’s post and notes here and here. See my comparison of damage here (note how my Burning Light damage is similar but my Sweeps damage is so much lower).
    2. All templars are worried that Evasion will basically be up on every stamina character as well as magicka NBs, which means our spammable will be mitigated by 25% against the majority of opponents. My personal suggestion if to make it so the “closest target” which received the damage boost does not get mitigated by Evasion.
    3. The targeting reform was helpful and appreciated, but it’s still hard to hit skillful agile players. Speed disparity is definitely an issue so what was said at the meeting ought to help. Giving Templars some more class control would also help.

Links:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/396641/puncturing-strikes-and-red-cp-in-u17/p1
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5468303/#Comment_5468303
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5461318/#Comment_5461318

Crescent Sweep:
    Swapping the morphs did give all Templars more options.
    1. The main concern Templars have with Radial Sweep (i.e. both morphs) is that it just misses sometimes, even targets standing right next to the Templar.
    2. The radius/range of this ultimate is too short
    3. It’s difficult to test just how effective Crescent Sweep is because penetration values are not scaling correctly on the PTS. There is some concern Dawnbreaker/Meteor/Soul Assault still might be better options.
    4. The change made to the pulse ought to help #3. Aside from increasing the range, another option might be to model it after Incapacitating Strike, and have the ultimate stun at 120 ultimate (and thus making the templar ultimate always the go to choice for “magplars” rather than Dawnbreaker).

Rune Focus:
    “Stamplars” are happy to get a source of resource management here. This change alone has made some excited to play the next patch. Some things to consider though:
    1. A number of Templars (I can’t say what %, it’s a fair number) have suggested to keep the cost of the skill magicka. Magicka “dumps” are generally preferred by stamina-oriented characters.
    2. While the stamina sustain in nice, it’s coming at a pretty hefty price: the complete loss of minor vitality and easy 100% uptime on major protection (more on that below).

Loss of Minor Vitality
    There is concern for PvP that the rune focus changes are just going to push “Stamplars” to heavy armor to recoup the “tankiness” they lost from the old Rune Focus. Also, “stamplars” and even “magplars” get limited use out of the Mending passive as it only effects Restoring Light heals as that means Vigors, Rallies, Mutagens, Purifying Lights, Puncturing Strikes, etc., are all unaffected.
    1. Perhaps make is so Mending effects all healing
    2. Perhaps put back Minor Vitality in the Templar kit, maybe to the lackluster Ritualist passive upon activation of a Restoring Light skill.

Change to Aedric Spear:
    While the passive is more versatile, it might not be better. One of the frustrating aspects of this change is that a unique 15% block mitigation is being taken away from the Templar kit to be replaced by a generic buff that can be acquired elsewhere and by other classes. This may be a goal of ZOS’s in that this is an established pattern for the past three years, but it represents the further homogenization and loss of distinctiveness of the classes and it’s not just templars that dislike this sort of change. Getting down to brass tacks:
    1. A blocking templar will always be worse off after update 20. Potentially noticeably worse off because they can’t block-cast Puncturing Strikes and thus might not be able to maintain the short uptime of minor protection (Sun Shield is still undesirable to all except *very* high health tank builds.)
    2. A non-tank oriented Templar can very easily have the 15% reduction from the old Spear Wall and 100% uptime on the 8% Minor Protection from Restoring Focus. This is now not possible, and another reason for the attraction of heavy armor.
    3. In a PvP environment, at present I do not want to use *any* Aedric Spear abilities (Sweeps: see damage bug above and it’s too hard to hit players, Javelin messes up my Eclipse, Toppling Charge is lackluster and too slow to hit anyone, Spear Shards no longer stuns and is easily avoided, Sun Shield is not good except on high health troll builds). So I’m pretty much never going to gain the benefits of that passive whereas on Live I will always gain the benefit of Spear Wall while I need it (i.e. blocking, I slot Sweeps for the passive critical damage, not because I want to use the skill).
    4. In short, the situations in which this passive is better are narrow and it’s coming at the cost of something that is unique to the Templar kit. At a minimum the duration ought to be extended (to perhaps 6 seconds) and even then, every one of the Aedric Spear abilities (except perhaps the new Radial Sweep, we still need to see how that actually plays) is in need of reform to ensure these skills are used and that passive is activated.
    5. The removal of class unique features is something that should not be encouraged at all.

Radiant Destruction:
    I haven’t tested the damage to see if it indeed is the same. But I do know the empty channel in the beginning of skill is still there and it should be removed just like the empty channel was removed from Soul Assault. I can get bashed before the spell even activates and does damage. Also, with the frantic pace of combat and burst shields/heals, a target can get super quick get out of execute range, which defeats the whole point of slotting the ability in the first place.

Other “Pain Points” for consideration in future update
    1. Solar Flare (both morphs) are not popular. The 40% reduction to the Solar Barrage morph was too much and Corrupting Pollen outshines what Dark Flare is supposed to do.
    2. Restoring Aura (and the magicka morph Radiant Aura) provides a generic buff that is not cost effective at all.
    3. Light Weaver (just bad), Master Ritualist (overshadowed by gear, soul gems are not exciting), Balanced Warrior (not very balanced considering Sorcerer Expert Mage grants bonus to weapon damage), Burning Light (should not be blockable) are all passives that should be reformed
    4. Focused Charge (both morphs) are outdated. Cast-times are rare because most people dislike them so off balance feature never comes into play. This aside from the frustrating range limitation, it’s slow speed, lackluster damage, and inability to control opponents (spell is too slow to hit people with Toppling morph, Explosive may hit dodge-roller, but they soon leave Templar in the dust).
    5. Various Aedric spear abilities (see above).
    6. Restoring Aura passive should be reverted to what it was in Beta.

A do agree all of this. After playing Templar as my main since launch, i left my shiny man completely because it just don't work. I do have a sorc and a DK, theire mecanics (passives etc) are effective and works well in synergy with the skills, unlike tempalr passives
  • Nolic1
    Nolic1
    ✭✭✭
    I feel the Templar got some good changes but what they should of done is.

1. Left Restoring Focus alone and made repentance have stamina steal like the other morph does magicka steal.

2. Left spear wall alone taking away the block 15% melee damage and replacing it with an a active passive you can only get true uptime from when using jabs makes the 8% damage reduction useless now on the Templar and takes away the uniqueness of the class skill above.

Everything else is great changes and much needed and helps the class stay in its lane of uniqueness.

Why I say the things above is the spear wall change make the Templar loose what almost kept in on-par block cost reduction wise to DK's minus 5% so they were good block tanks and with the 8% damage reduction it almost made them on par with survivability. Now with the 50% extra resistances in the Rune Focus that does not match up the difference cause it does not match up math wise by the testing done and what I can see from it from some older testing videos done before Summerset mitigation wise. The 50% is nice cause it made Templars not need other forms of resistance increases from gear and traits and such and with the 8% damage reduction in the focus it helped alot for Templar tanks and stamina DPS if the stay in the circle.

But yeah I feel these changes hurt tanking on Templars alot and does not improve it.

Extra info on the stam return on the Restoring Focus it does not help sustain with tanking as much as many are saying 240 a sec is not enough to help with block tanking it helps but does not make it any better than throwing a heavy attack and it help more on rotation return then anything.

The repentance change does not return well for tanks even on boss fights with adds do to the fact they do not stick around long enough for you to repent from. In most boss encounters the adds disappear to quickly to repent them I know this from almost all boss fights with adds. The change is nice on trash encounters and allows many Templar tanks to use the skill for that reason so we could help with some DPS on the trash encounters and repent for the return so we could move onto the bosses fully stocked to tank.

Thank you for reading Templar main tank.
    Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

Youtube content creator that is dedicated to the Casual and Roleplay community for News, Lets Talks, Guides, Help and character builds.

Youtube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division
    Since you seem to be the to-go-to person regarding templar-issues.. Is this something that will be fixed? Referring to the "being stuck in HA-animation without actually holding down LMB". Then you see that all damage pops out at once, and later the animations make 0 sense(3 random damage hits??) and weaving becomes close to impossible. This happens against dummies, bosses and players. (In addition to the other hitbox-issues with jabs...)

Will this.. like.. ever be looked into? x.x

https://youtu.be/9vdekKR_wfY

(Be so kind and ignore the music/sound/no intro. It's just cut raw material I uploaded directly >/<)

Edit: Also, rip. I didn't realise I was in the PTS feedback thread, whoops. I am sorrriiii.
    Edited by Lieblingsjunge on October 1, 2018 2:38PM
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol blazing shield nerfed ? Didn't we just say the armor+crit resists would result in less dmg being output? (or did I read that wrong from other players on this thread?)

GG swiftplars looking to deslot vamp. 15% not worth giving up other traits for.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Lol blazing shield nerfed ? Didn't we just say the armor+crit resists would result in less dmg being output? (or did I read that wrong from other players on this thread?)

GG swiftplars looking to deslot vamp. 15% not worth giving up other traits for.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw that. The increased resistances made the shield more effective while simultaneously reducing the amount of damage it would be able to output. It was a net-zero change.

Then they nerf it? It's actually a worse skill now than on live for what it is suppose to do!

Oh well. I wasn't going to use it anyway, but talk about kicking a skill while it's down, lol.

And for swift? Glad I was too lazy to transmute my jewelry this summer.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The notes lead me to believe that BS was absorbing damage toward return pre-mitigation. I dunno. Maybe we should test it even if it still doesn't sound slottable.

And I am not surprised by the swift nerf. Something needed to be done and I was sure it would be done wrong. The issue was not with it being easy to hit the speed cap, it was with what moving at the speed cap does. They just made it harder for classes that needed it just for decent mobility as its now a waste. Glad they put it out there though. The stones I was going to spend to get another set up to swift can go to chaning another back.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and that forward momentum nerf though. Still .5 second better than shuffle unless you go full medium suicide, and still cheaper.
  • RedrunnerFred
    RedrunnerFred
    ✭✭
    If anything Blazing Shield should have been buffed. This skill has been complete and utter crap for so long. I have only seen one guy use blazing shield since the first set of nerfs and now there is another 12% damage nerf. If you are running a 50k hp build you'll have a 9k shield in pvp and deal 2.7k retributive magic damage which is reduced by battle spirit, resists, etc. This skills damage is screwed especially because it will take longer for the shield to pop and consequently longer for the damage to proc. That is the nail on the coffin for this skill.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    If anything Blazing Shield should have been buffed. This skill has been complete and utter crap for so long. I have only seen one guy use blazing shield since the first set of nerfs and now there is another 12% damage nerf. If you are running a 50k hp build you'll have a 9k shield in pvp and deal 2.7k retributive magic damage which is reduced by battle spirit, resists, etc. This skills damage is screwed especially because it will take longer for the shield to pop and consequently longer for the damage to proc. That is the nail on the coffin for this skill.

Blazing shield? What's that?

:|
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blazing shield is a dead and buried skill.
    No one ever visits its grave anymore, Even the R.I.P has faded from the tombstone.
    *halloween mood

Jokes aside, can we please have something else to replace it? Something new, shiny and exciting to play with?
    Right now, imo, the skill is not worth nor Devs' nor player's time to even look at it.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehh another nerf to Blazing Shield... Did we Really need that?? :persevere:

By the divines, I want to use this skill again. Like in the patches before CPs added. So please buff, dont nerf.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arciris wrote: »
    No one ever visits its grave anymore, Even the R.I.P has faded from the tombstone.
    *halloween mood

Jokes aside, can we please have something else to replace it? Something new, shiny and exciting to play with?
    Right now, imo, the skill is not worth nor Devs' nor player's time to even look at it.

I would welcome a mag & stam version of a radial fear or stun skill (affecting up for 4? enemies). Forget anything that looks like a shield.

Mag = 5m radial stun
    Stam = 5m radial fear

That would be so good.
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimmyJuJu wrote: »
    *halloween mood

I would welcome a mag & stam version of a radial fear or stun skill (affecting up for 4? enemies). Forget anything that looks like a shield.

Mag = 5m radial stun
    Stam = 5m radial fear

That would be so good.

A fear sounds good, Gotta fear that holy light, right?
    It will make up a bit for the loss of Blinding Flashes a loooooong time ago.

edit: now that I think about it, it could even be named Blinding Flash (for the nostalgia) It would work like fear but instead of running away our characters would (almost) kneel while holding up their arms to protect their eyes.
    Edited by Arciris on October 1, 2018 8:44PM
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    *halloween mood

Mag = 5m radial stun
    Stam = 5m radial fear

That would be so good.

My thought exactly. If I walked up to somebody IRL and they clapped their hands and blinding light came from their body, I would sh*t my pants. So, fear makes total sense :D
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well atleast they nerfed a unused templar skill. But seriously can anyone explain this one to me?

They determined that the shield got stronger with the addition of resistances and it also dealt damage afterwards. So they figured for its cost it was too effective lol.

Did they ever look at any nightblade skills?
    Edited by Drdeath20 on October 1, 2018 8:52PM
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a few nonconstructive and bashing comments. Please remember that all posts need to adhere to our forum rules and remain civil. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *halloween mood

Mag = 5m radial stun
    Stam = 5m radial fear

That would be so good.

My thought exactly. If I walked up to somebody IRL and they clapped their hands and blinding light came from their body, I would sh*t my pants. So, fear makes total sense :D

LOL, awesome.

And being radial but limited to 5 m will leave counter play in PvP while providing an AoE crowd control tool in PvE for Templar Tanks, since they are seriously lacking in that department. And templars in general are lacking a hard CC in their toolkit.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edit: i was out of my mind
    Edited by LordSlif on October 1, 2018 9:34PM
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »

No idea what that is, sorry.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif