The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS Update 20 - Feedback Thread for Itemization & New Item Sets

• Roger_kun
    Roger_kun
    ✭✭
    There is a way to change the skill of the staff of destruction so that it suits everyone!

Now the DOT of the black rose staff ticks every 3 seconds, causing 1111 damage to each element. This is not very convenient, because rotation with an 8 second step skips the last tick of the DOT.

Why not take a 1 second step that will cause 1111 damage to each element in turn? The first second - 1111 fire damage, the second - 1111 electricity damage, the third - 1111 cold damage. Then we start all over again: fire - lightning - cold.
    This would suit both professional players with dynamic rotation, and beginners who would miss the last tick of the DOT

Sorry for Google translate :(
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roger_kun wrote: »
    There is a way to change the skill of the staff of destruction so that it suits everyone!

Now the DOT of the black rose staff ticks every 3 seconds, causing 1111 damage to each element. This is not very convenient, because rotation with an 8 second step skips the last tick of the DOT.

Why not take a 1 second step that will cause 1111 damage to each element in turn? The first second - 1111 fire damage, the second - 1111 electricity damage, the third - 1111 cold damage. Then we start all over again: fire - lightning - cold.
    This would suit both professional players with dynamic rotation, and beginners who would miss the last tick of the DOT

Sorry for Google translate :(

This is exactly what I was thinking. The next question is, can this crit? Also, people forget about elemental ring, the morph does more damage then pulsar and be cast from range.
  • Roger_kun
    Roger_kun
    ✭✭
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

Thx, I'm work with gamedesign :)

There is one more problem - the order of the elements. If the weapon is oriented towards PvE, then the cold must definitely be the last in rotation. But with PvP more and more difficult, there will be cold damage in many situations is preferable.

The only thing I would suggest is to take the lightning damage to the last place in the queue, because the chance of overlapping the status of the effect from the DOT is only 6% (if I remember correctly). In PvE, the status of the effect in the group will be imposed by sorc, but in PvP it is not the most relevant ...
    Edited by Roger_kun on September 21, 2018 2:36PM
  • ZOS_Liforce
    ZOS_Liforce
    ✭✭✭
    The Murkmire update has a total of 18 new item sets, making it one of the most set dense updates to date. Here is the Combat Team’s insight on some of the most debated sets on the forums:

Soldier of Anguish
    This set was designed to put pressure on single targets. Soldier of Anguish applies Heal Absorption, which acts like a reverse Damage Shield. Like Damage Shields, Heal Absorption was not intended to be stackable from the same source and we are already in the process of resolving this bug. Unlike Damage Shields, Heal Absorption is not currently affected by battle spirit and after reviewing some of the comments and testing the set in a greater variety of PvP scenarios, we’ve come to agreement that Soldier of Anguish is over-performing, and its values will be re-evaluated.

Spell Strategist
    Made for an assassin playstyle, Spell Strategist greatly increases your damage output, but only for single targets. In areas with high player concentrations or PvE content featuring multiple targets, players should find a drop-off in overall DPS. In addition, while your damage output on single targets increases, you gain no benefits to your healing abilities outside of abilities that scale off of your damage, such as Strife. Spell Strategist could be considered as a glass cannon item set and as of right now, will not be changed.

Blackrose Weapons
    Most forum discussions about the Blackrose Weapons showcase the weapons in PvP environments. The Combat Design team develops item sets based on the environment the sets are acquired in, such that PvP sets are typically acquired in PvP zones, PvE sets are typically acquired in PvE zones, and crafted sets and Monster Masks acting as a mix. That being said, we understand Blackrose is incredibly challenging, and the rewards should feel more awesome, particularly Radial Uppercut, Razor Shot, Wild Impulse, and Spectral Cloak. We are evaluating player feedback and examining these sets more closely.

We understand that not all item sets benefit all playstyles, but when creating each update, we try to craft item sets for the greatest variety of players. We scour the forums for constructive criticism to help inform our decision making and make the item sets that make for fun and exciting choices for our players, because at the end of the day, we make sets that we want to play with!
    ESO Combat Designer and Skeleton Enthusiast
    Staff Post
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    The Murkmire update has a total of 18 new item sets, making it one of the most set dense updates to date. Here is the Combat Team’s insight on some of the most debated sets on the forums:

Soldier of Anguish
    This set was designed to put pressure on single targets. Soldier of Anguish applies Heal Absorption, which acts like a reverse Damage Shield. Like Damage Shields, Heal Absorption was not intended to be stackable from the same source and we are already in the process of resolving this bug. Unlike Damage Shields, Heal Absorption is not currently affected by battle spirit and after reviewing some of the comments and testing the set in a greater variety of PvP scenarios, we’ve come to agreement that Soldier of Anguish is over-performing, and its values will be re-evaluated.

Spell Strategist
    Made for an assassin playstyle, Spell Strategist greatly increases your damage output, but only for single targets. In areas with high player concentrations or PvE content featuring multiple targets, players should find a drop-off in overall DPS. In addition, while your damage output on single targets increases, you gain no benefits to your healing abilities outside of abilities that scale off of your damage, such as Strife. Spell Strategist could be considered as a glass cannon item set and as of right now, will not be changed.

Blackrose Weapons
    Most forum discussions about the Blackrose Weapons showcase the weapons in PvP environments. The Combat Design team develops item sets based on the environment the sets are acquired in, such that PvP sets are typically acquired in PvP zones, PvE sets are typically acquired in PvE zones, and crafted sets and Monster Masks acting as a mix. That being said, we understand Blackrose is incredibly challenging, and the rewards should feel more awesome, particularly Radial Uppercut, Razor Shot, Wild Impulse, and Spectral Cloak. We are evaluating player feedback and examining these sets more closely.

We understand that not all item sets benefit all playstyles, but when creating each update, we try to craft item sets for the greatest variety of players. We scour the forums for constructive criticism to help inform our decision making and make the item sets that make for fun and exciting choices for our players, because at the end of the day, we make sets that we want to play with!

Cool that you guys react to the forums! My criticism is soleley meant ina constructive way and I hope you guys got a bit of insight out of it.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Blackrose Weapons

Then do us all a favour and make these sets acquired in PVE to not work at all in PVP. You will literally save urself from a million different balancing issues. And while you are at it, throw earthgore, troll king, skoria, zaan, selene etc under the bus as well.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

Blackrose Weapons

Then do us all a favour and make these sets acquired in PVE to not work at all in PVP. You will literally save urself from a million different balancing issues. And while you are at it, throw earthgore, troll king, skoria, zaan, selene etc under the bus as well.

@ZOS_Liforce
    This is true.
    PVP players shouldn't be forced to farm specific and hard to obtain OP sets in PVE in order to remain competitive.
    I'm quite sure that the statistics can show that most serious PVP players are barely playing in any dungeons and if they do, they are only doing those rarely.
    Most PVP players find dungeons and PVE mechanics boring.
    This may be a generalization but it is probably the truth.
    I like both PVP and PVE, but still PVP needs to be separated from the PVE farming.

There is one more important note:
    I have undaunted passives and they are useful, but they shouldn't work in PVP since they give an unfair advantage over too many players who don't have high undaunted guild rank.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Soldier of Anguish

Spell Strategist

Blackrose Weapons

Can you please make the Anguish set be a stamina version of Strategist?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »

Blackrose Weapons

@ZOS_Liforce
    This is true.
    PVP players shouldn't be forced to farm specific and hard to obtain OP sets in PVE in order to remain competitive.
    I'm quite sure that the statistics can show that most serious PVP players are barely playing in any dungeons and if they do, they are only doing those rarely.
    Most PVP players find dungeons and PVE mechanics boring.
    This may be a generalization but it is probably the truth.
    I like both PVP and PVE, but still PVP needs to be separated from the PVE farming.

I have undaunted passives and they are useful, but they shouldn't work in PVP since they give an unfair advantage over too many players who don't have high undaunted guild rank.

What is stopping other players from getting 9 undaunted other than laziness? If i spend the time to get undaunted rank 9 i should have an advantage over a player who chose to not spend the time.

I think it's cool that some PvP weapons and sets are gated behind difficult PvE content because it motivates players to do all types of content and stuff that is really good should require other skills and time and progression to acquire. That means not everyone will have it which makes it special. If everyone can get everything easily then nothing is unique or special because everyone has it.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Soldier of Anguish

Spell Strategist

Blackrose Weapons

Thank you for the insight.

Soldier of Anguish
    "This set was designed to put pressure on single targets" Oh, it does that. I am glad to hear you acknowledged that as presently constituted, the set is over-performing. I don't think sets that act as a hard counter to one form of defense is good design, I wish ZOS would stop trying to implement gear as band-aid fixes to larger balance problems.

Spell Strategist
    " Spell Strategist could be considered as a glass cannon item set and as of right now, will not be changed." I'm totally fine with this set. I think your reasoning of the trade off is correct, and as it does not increase the user's healing, I's probably would almost always prefer Julianos, except if I was trying to cheese a target-dummy parse.

Blackrose Weapons
    "we understand Blackrose is incredibly challenging, and the rewards should feel more awesome." Nice to hear. However, the vast majority of arnea weapons in the game are not very awesome for PvE, and I don;t think it's a coincidence. A player is going to lose two armor piece bonuses for using one of these and the weapon is only modifying a single skill. If the modification is not *really* good, I'm going to want to back-bar something like Burning Spellweave, which will raise my spell damage on every skill I use.

Introducing a 1 piece bonus to *all* the arena weapons in the game will go a long way to making them more awesome, especially in light that regular weapon count for 2 armor piece bonuses and these arena weapon is only modifying a single skill and gives zero bonuses..
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah man, that's a fair advantage. This is an MMORPG you gotta level stuff up mate.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Soldier of Anguish

Thank you for the feedback!

If Anguish is supposed to be an anti-shield set, perhaps it should be Shield Absorption, which negates the next ____ of shields, not healing.
  • YoshinJaa
    YoshinJaa
    ✭✭✭

Soldier of Anguish

Spell Strategist

Blackrose Weapons

Please put 1pc/stat bonuses back to all arena weapons, no reason to have the latest weapons only have it.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soldier of Anguish

We cool.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Soldier of Anguish

Thank you for the feedback!

If Anguish is supposed to be an anti-shield set, perhaps it should be Shield Absorption, which negates the next ____ of shields, not healing.

Reverse damage shield does not mean anti-shield. Shields consume damage and procs from Anguish are supposed to consume healing. That's the only relation between them.
    Edited by Royaji on September 21, 2018 3:54PM
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Soldier of Anguish

Spell Strategist

Blackrose Weapons

Spell Strategist
    " Spell Strategist could be considered as a glass cannon item set and as of right now, will not be changed." I'm totally fine with this set. I think your reasoning of the trade off is correct, and as it does not increase the user's healing, I's probably would almost always prefer Julianos, except if I was trying to cheese a target-dummy parse.

Personally I could see it usable on fight where you cant gain enough siroria circle (heavy mobile fight in short :D) or replacing bsw on non dk classes and on magblades with master architect
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Soldier of Anguish

The entire thought behind it should be re-evaluated. Defiles were just reduced in uptime the last patch and the idea of this then is like defile meats oblivion damage. Major and Minor buffs were invented for a reason. Why are we not consistent in that with intended effects?
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Soldier of Anguish

Medium armor just can't have nice things it seems.

Yes, the set is overperforming on PTS (it can negate an entire Vigor), but it's also one of the only ways a medium armor build would be able to kill a permablocking healbot.

There is nothing fun about building around maximum burst (and sacrificing sustain to achieve that goal), landing your entire burst unblocked/dodged (no easy feat) and then seeing a magplar for example just CC break, hold block & heal back to full health spamming Honor the Dead with your Incap's Major Defile still on them.

So here's what I'd like to see:
    1. Keep the value as is.
    2. Prevent stacking.
    3. Reduce the duration of the debuff to 2 seconds so that it's still strong against burst heals but doesn't equal to a "100% heal debuff" vs most heal over time effects

Alternative: take a close look at current overperforming defensive sets like Impregnable, Earthgore, Troll King etc as well as offensive/defensive heavy armor sets such as 7th Legion & Fury.
    Edited by DDuke on September 21, 2018 4:11PM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you have any general feedback ?
    The following sets are over performing in PVP:
    I suggest to adjust this set so it won't over perform against enemy players with damage shield:
    Shield Breaker Set:
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) When you deal damage with a Light or Heavy Attack against a Player with a damage shield, you deal an additional 2150 Oblivion Damage to them.

Shield Breaker Set - adjusted example:
    2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) When you deal damage with a Light or Heavy Attack against a Player with a damage shield, you deal an additional 2150 Oblivion Damage to them. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds.

I suggest to adjust this set so it won't over perform when in proximity of the enemy player:
    Zaan Set:
    (1 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (2 items) When you damage a nearby enemy with a Light or Heavy Attack, you have a 20% chance to create a beam of fire that will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 3440 Flame Damage every 1 second to your enemy for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 50%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 8 meters away from you. This effect can occur every 18 seconds.

Zaan Set - adjusted example:
    (2 items) When you damage a nearby enemy with a Light or Heavy Attack, you have a 20% chance to create a beam of fire that will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 3440 Flame Damage every 1 second to your enemy for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 25%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 6 meters away from you. This effect can occur every 22 seconds.

I suggest to adjust this set so it won't proc too often:
    Valkyn Skoria Set:
    (1 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (2 items) When you deal damage with a damage over time effect, you have an 8% chance to summon a meteor that deals 9000 Flame Damage to target and 4000 Flame Damage all other enemies within 5 meters. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

Valkyn Skoria Set - adjusted example:
    (2 items) When you deal damage with a damage over time effect, you have an 6% chance to summon a meteor that deals 9000 Flame Damage to target and 4000 Flame Damage all other enemies within 5 meters. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.
    Edited by Universe on September 21, 2018 4:26PM
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

The fact that this set (soldier of anguish) even made it on to the PTS in its current form is honestly mind-blowing. You can take one look at it on paper and know it is an absolute cancer. That there had to be testing done and that players had to raise concerns on the forums for you to see this is very telling on why other changes are happening that are hurting the overall health and balance of the game.

Not even close to being true. The fact that this set even made it to PTS in current form shows that they want to test the upper bounds of a new type of set to see exactly *how much* in real data it is overperforming, so they can calibrate. That you even had to make this comment is very telling on your level of ignorance to the implementation->iteration->publish design process and it is hurting the overall health and balance of the community.
  • Roger_kun
    Roger_kun
    ✭✭
    I suggest to adjust this set so it won't over perform when in proximity of the enemy player:
    Zaan Set:
    (2 items) When you damage a nearby enemy with a Light or Heavy Attack, you have a 20% chance to create a beam of fire that will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 3440 Flame Damage every 1 second to your enemy for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 50%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 8 meters away from you. This effect can occur every 18 seconds.

(2 items) When you damage a nearby enemy with a Light or Heavy Attack, you have a 20% chance to create a beam of fire that will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 3440 Flame Damage every 1 second to your enemy for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 25%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 6 meters away from you. This effect can occur every 22 seconds.

Valkyn Skoria:
    (2 items) When you deal damage with a damage over time effect, you have an 8% chance to summon a meteor that deals 9000 Flame Damage to target and 4000 Flame Damage all other enemies within 5 meters. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

Valkyn Skoria - adjusted example:
    (2 items) When you deal damage with a damage over time effect, you have an 6% chance to summon a meteor that deals 9000 Flame Damage to target and 4000 Flame Damage all other enemies within 5 meters. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

PvP players, stop feeling the monster sets!

Your alleged changes have already turned PvE into a pumpkin, and you are still climbing. Is not it unreasonable that your changes will destroy these sets in PvE?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    I feel like the Blackrose Destruction staff could do with a slight buff.

Perhaps 5000 damage from each element instead of 3333
    OR
    the element of the staff youre wielding to do slightly more damage

It will still not worth as impulse is spam skill

Soldier of Anguish

Spell Strategist

Blackrose Weapons

As Spell Strategist does not affect healing or other targets then there is no need for nerf!

If it got nerf then hardly anyone will use it.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Roger_kun wrote: »
    Zaan Set:

Valkyn Skoria:

Valkyn Skoria - adjusted example:

PvP players, stop feeling the monster sets!

Your alleged changes have already turned PvE into a pumpkin, and you are still climbing. Is not it unreasonable that your changes will destroy these sets in PvE?

My changes are within reason, the sets will still work just fine.
    The Developers can choose other values/percentages/effects for the changes or to not change anything at all.
    Edited by Universe on September 21, 2018 5:59PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Soldier of Anguish

Yes, the set is overperforming on PTS (it can negate an entire Vigor), but it's also one of the only ways a medium armor build would be able to kill a permablocking healbot.

There is nothing fun about building around maximum burst (and sacrificing sustain to achieve that goal), landing your entire burst unblocked/dodged (no easy feat) and then seeing a magplar for example just CC break, hold block & heal back to full health spamming Honor the Dead with your Incap's Major Defile still on them.

1. Keep the value as is.
    2. Prevent stacking.
    3. Reduce the duration of the debuff to 2 seconds so that it's still strong against burst heals but doesn't equal to a "100% heal debuff" vs most heal over time effects

Alternative: take a close look at current overperforming defensive sets like Impregnable, Earthgore, Troll King etc as well as offensive/defensive heavy armor sets such as 7th Legion & Fury.

That's rich coming from you who complained so much and so hard about anything that kills your I'm not investing anything into defense, I'm just going to rely on twitch reflexes and cloak build. After 4 and half years of crusading, I hope you're finally happy about shields.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Soldier of Anguish

1. Keep the value as is.
    2. Prevent stacking.

^
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Soldier of Anguish

1. Keep the value as is.
    2. Prevent stacking.

That's rich coming from you who complained so much and so hard about anything that kills your I'm not investing anything into defense, I'm just going to rely on twitch reflexes and cloak build. After 4 and half years of crusading, I hope you're finally happy about shields.

Funny thing about impreg, its only "overperforming" because crit dmg is over-the-charts-out-of-reach-by-normal sets lol.
    Taking away impreg, is like buffing nightblade to have a 20%+ crit dmg passive (and im sure certain people want both to happen).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Liforce "Heal Absorption was not intended to be stackable from the same source"

Does that mean you intend for it to stack if multiple people are wearing the set? Because that's the same issue people had with sloads that makes it garbage.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Soldier of Anguish

1. Keep the value as is.
    2. Prevent stacking.

Eh, not sure how any of that is related.

I'm not saying healbots should die to something guaranteed, I'm saying they should die to a person who invests into burst damage and lands the entire burst combo unblocked/undodged (i.e. plays better than the defender). Unfortunately the itemization in this game and how it favours defensive sets prevents this from ever being the case.

A person super skillfully holding block & spamming Breath of Life gets to live, where as the person utilizing multiple skills in a complex burst combo (with Major Defile) gets to waste time and resources.

Also no, I'm not happy about the shield change. Shields haven't been a problem for multiple patch cycles, but that's just from the perspective of someone who builds for maximum damage though (I can get through any shield stack on Live).

I even made a post about it on how it could be made more fair: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/436067/cast-time-for-shields-why-not-a-channel-instead

Please link me a post of mine from the past... 2 years(?) where I've complained about dmg shields.

Unburstable tank builds are the problem, have been for a long time.

And if they don't get better counters to them, there's going to be a whole lot more of them after the changes to damage shields.
    Minno wrote: »

Soldier of Anguish

1. Keep the value as is.
    2. Prevent stacking.

Funny thing about impreg, its only "overperforming" because crit dmg is over-the-charts-out-of-reach-by-normal sets lol.
    Taking away impreg, is like buffing nightblade to have a 20%+ crit dmg passive (and im sure certain people want both to happen).

I get that people like to blame NBs for everything, but that's just illogical.
    1. NBs aren't the only class with higher crit modifier, Templars get +10% as well from passive.
    2. Crit Resistance is subtracted directly from opponent's Crit Modifier. In case of Impregnable, that's -38% crit damage regardless of whom you're fighting. 50% Crit Modifier becomes 12%, 60% becomes 22% - the damage mitigated by slotting Impregnable is the same.
    Edited by DDuke on September 21, 2018 7:25PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get that people like to blame NBs for everything, but that's just illogical.
    1. NBs aren't the only class with higher crit modifier, Templars get +10% as well from passive.
    2. Crit Resistance is subtracted directly from opponent's Crit Modifier. In case of Impregnable, that's -38% crit damage regardless of whom you're fighting. 50% Crit Modifier becomes 12%, 60% becomes 22% - the damage mitigated by slotting Impregnable is the same.

You are right, but templars also don't have the burst dmg bonuses or flexible utility that nightblades do, nor can they increase their crit chance per ability slotted. We also had our main spamable nerfed by the evasion changes, because medium wanted to feel special lol.

Impreg hard counters high crit chance and high crit dmg, but you do sacrifice alot to get between 1.7-1.8 (impreg+trans+full Impen+30-40 CP) but all it takes is 20% CP and minor force self buff to hit 1.8 (1 skill and 56 CP). It also won't protect you from proc sets or high dmg stacking.

If it takes 2 sets, all traits and some CP to weaken a skill + marginal CP stack, then I don't think impreg is overperforming.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still waiting on the stamina equivalent of Lich set, gimmie pls for xmas:)

PC EU
    PvP only