The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Issue with Twitch Account Linking/Drops After Switching Linked Accounts

BrightOblivion
BrightOblivion
✭✭✭✭✭
I'd submit a support ticket about this, but I have absolutely zero idea what category this issue falls under. So I'm here.

Several weeks ago, I changed which of my Twitch accounts I was using for watching ESO streams, following streamers, and had linked to ESO in the account page. For whatever reason, I have two Twitch accounts (oblivion279 and bright_oblivion) and had swapped from the 279 account to the bright_oblivion one as it was more recognizable at a glance for those with whom I've played ESO for over a year. The 279 account was linked without a problem, and I was getting drops during those events and streams which offered it while using that account. When I switched accounts, I went in and linked the bright_oblivion account and authorized the linking Twitch-side just like I did before, so being logged in on that account and watching ESO streams with drops enabled should have rewarded drops...just like it did before.

However, over the past three weeks, with the PAX West Stream (for which I had to submit a support ticket in order to get my 5 crates), the Imperial City anniversary streams last weekend (during which I watched several hours of Stream Team streams each day and got 0 crates), and tonight's ESO Live (also zero crates), I've not received any drops whatsoever. In fact, when I looked below the stream title during ESO Live after refreshing the stream once someone said the drops were enabled and we needed to refresh the page, rather than seeing the red circle and Drops Enabled that I had been seeing, I saw something along the lines of "Enable In-Game Drops With Account Link" with a hyperlink that led me to the ESO account page where, indeed, my account was already linked. I've linked and unlinked the bright_oblivion account repeatedly, logged out and logged back in, and even disconnected the authorization for the connection Twitch-side and repeated the linking process, but nothing's helped.

To reiterate, yes, the bright_oblivion account is linked under "Linked Accounts" on my ESO account page. Yes, the bright_oblivion account is logged in on Twitch. Yes, I'm watching during time periods in which drops are enabled on channels which have them enabled. But I've yet to receive a drop outright (without having to submit a support ticket) on this account, despite being present and active in streams with ESO drops enabled for extended periods of time. And while last weekend's were only a "chance" to earn (it seems improbable that I would net 0 crates while watching 3+ hours of stream team streams almost every day of the event, but RNG can be bewilderingly fickle), that doesn't apply to tonight's stream, which I watched the entirety of live and during which I was repeatedly active in chat. Does it?

At this point, I'm at a loss as to where the problem is, or how to fix it, so I'm hoping someone else has some ideas. I know an obvious answer might be "switch back to the other account since it was working," but it's not really an option, as there's no guarantee that it would be now. Also, the bright_oblivion account is more recognizable, is following quite a few more channels than I was following during the first changeover (I'd held off on them in anticipation of the eventual change), and has been gifted several subs by awesome people in some of the channels that I've been following (subs which I'd like to retain and don't have access to on the other account). It's just...not getting any drops for some reason.

Might someone at ZOS help me figure this out and make my day?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @BrightOblivion

We would recommend starting a ticket with customer support so they can check on your linked accounts to make sure you're linking is setup properly.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

I definitely considered that. As I said in my first sentence, I would have submitted a ticket, but I had zero idea what category it fell under, and searching through all of them made me even more confused. The closest thing I could think of was "Missing Item" but even that missed the mark by a very wide margin. And if I can't even get the issue to the right people, because of submitting it under the wrong category, then how can I even hope to get it resolved?

That said, I think I may have solved it on my own. Or, at least, I did manage to get a couple Twitch drops yesterday from watching stuff on Sunday for that event. I completely disconnected my Bright_Oblivion account (let's call it #2), logged out, logged into the 279 account (#1), and reconnected it, following all the steps there. Then I unlinked #1 in the ESO website, and revoked authorization in Twitch, and logged out. Finally, I logged into #2 and relinked that one using the Account Link hyperlink in Twitch to take me to the ESO website and navigating to the Linked Accounts page and linking the account. Went back to Twitch, refreshed, and, rather than seeing the "Enable in-game drops with account link" text, saw the "Drops Enabled" text.

All I can think is that the first time I switched over the linked accounts, the first one didn't get properly unlinked, and so there was a mismatch somewhere.
  • AboKor
    AboKor
    ✭✭✭
    @BrightOblivion Hi!
    Is your problem solved? Because my friend have just EXACT problem with twitch..
    Furniture crafting PC EU