The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP feedback to ZOS

Miswar
Miswar
✭✭✭✭✭
I have been playing PvP mainly for longtime now and must say that we are hitting rock bottom. [removed bashing comment]

I'am not even going to bother to rant about server performances which are disgrace on console side. Nor anything about class balance. Instead listing quite few things....

1. ALLIANCE HOPPING (This is an absurd. Why is there no locked campaigns? ..if you cannot code that why is there ie. 2 day cooldowns? This would stop this nonsense)
2. CAMPAIGN POINTS (Have you even watched how mess up those Cyrodiil campaigns are? I mean +10k diffrence between alliances. Just ridicilious when campaign is over in 4 days and you have 26 days left)
3. CAMPAIGN POPULATION (Why is this not flexible? If one alliance is getting way over populated lock it down until it is more in balance. There are other campaigns to play)
4. SIEGE BUFFS ([removed bashing comment] It feels now like playing SIEGE SIMULATOR where 0 skilled people can just spam meatbags etc. Again ridicilious idea to start with but since you have chose that road maybe introduce SIEGE SETS. ie. 5 piece gives 50% buffs to your siege damage... Instant firing...etc ... you get the picture)
5. KEEPS WALLS BUFFS ([removed comment] Now it takes forever to get walls down and thus making game even more zergy)
6. DESTROYABLE BRIDGES, GATES (I admit have only read about these but again is this first coming of ZOS SIEGE SIMULATOR 2018? See above... it will just make bottlenecks all over the map and well just again ridicilious)
7. ZERGS (Why are you encouraging zergs with forward camps and now tokens? I mean you have to the zerg ball multiple times over which just encourages non skillfull players to zerg. There was an time when NO CAMPS and when you pushed you knew if you mess this up this keep is rip. Getting rid off these would improve the overall flow of the map and actually would force people to think and learn to play)
8. IC (Why is there no good sets dropping at IC etc? So much potential wasted here... and I do mean rare drops nothing like this event joke where skins and scamps keeps dropping left and right. Make these actually mean something and make it so that not every 0 skilled casual player have these in 10min game time)

... the list could go on but it really is mind boggling who bad changes will eventually make the ESO go rip.

Either you do not play PvP at ZoS or you have wrong people thinking these through... ether way PvP in general is a joke at the moment.

[edited title]
Edited by ZOS_JesC on September 12, 2018 2:22PM
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like siege warfare, it is one of the attractions for me to this game over other "run the countryside" type games where all you do is roam around looking for people with no other objective.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the things you’ve listed are within Wrobel’s realm.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more disappointed that we are getting major map changes before we are getting performance fixes.

I mean, it's cool that I can fight in new places in new ways! I can fight...and lag and lag and disconnect, or get stuck in textures, or not be able to use skills or bar swap or face any number of recutting bugs. Meteor still pulls me across the battlefield.

I like that the gameplay is,getting changed up, but that just,doesn't mean that much if I can't play, you know?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With you on Alliance lock.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need Brian Wheeler not Wrobel.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more disappointed that we are getting major map changes before we are getting performance fixes.

I mean, it's cool that I can fight in new places in new ways! I can fight...and lag and lag and disconnect, or get stuck in textures, or not be able to use skills or bar swap or face any number of recutting bugs. Meteor still pulls me across the battlefield.

I like that the gameplay is,getting changed up, but that just,doesn't mean that much if I can't play, you know?
    It's probably because creating and changing content is easy, fixing stability isn't.

As they said at PAX (I think it was there) if fixing lag and stability issues was simple they would have done it. It's not like they're happy with them.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

It's probably because creating and changing content is easy, fixing stability isn't.

As they said at PAX (I think it was there) if fixing lag and stability issues was simple they would have done it. It's not like they're happy with them.

They are ecstatic with crown performance though.
    Edited by antihero727 on September 11, 2018 12:17PM
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course they are, it's making the company a bunch of money. Should they be a poor company making no money because they can't solve issues which have plagued MMO games for years? :tongue:
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

making money with an easy task, why not. Bringing up new costumes, mounts and crates is easy compared to solving the performance problem.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course they are, it's making the company a bunch of money. Should they be a poor company making no money because they can't solve issues which have plagued MMO games for years? :tongue:

Can we just have a subscription based 1.5-1.6 Cyrodiil again? I would pay $30.00 a month for that service.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we just have a subscription based 1.5-1.6 Cyrodiil again? I would pay $30.00 a month for that service.
    No, because the game has long since left that era. Also people were still complaining the servers were garbage in 1.5-1.6, the real difference was just combat was more fun back then.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, because the game has long since left that era. Also people were still complaining the servers were garbage in 1.5-1.6, the real difference was just combat was more fun back then.

Ok so just a pre lightning patch then?
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new outposts and town transits might actually spread out the population improving server performance. I know I'm interested in fighting around the new outposts and I'm sure i'm not the only one, especially since they make back line keeps more accessible.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok so just a pre lightning patch then?
    Sure, if you want all the bots and exploiters that were in that as well. IIRC the reason the performance changed around the lighting patch was because they changed some things to server side or added more checks to stop the botting and cheating going on (I could be wrong on this)
    As they've and many of us on the forums have said though, if there was some magic change to remove the lag they would do it. Having their forums and social media filled with people ranting at performance isn't a good image for the game.
    However as someone who's played MMO games for many years now I can tell you this is the same issues all of them face with mass combat at some point.

EVE Online which boasts some of the biggest battles in MMO gaming only managed to stop their servers dying because they slowed the entire game down by 90%, meaning server requests and replies have more time to organise and go though. That same fix isn't viable in an action based PvP game however.
    ZOS has been taking some steps similar to what EVE Online has done though, recent changes spoken about by ZOS sound like the idea of CCP's "brain in a box" meaning less individual calculations by servers.

We could scream for ZOS to update their servers (because everyone knows upgrading a server fixes literally every issue known to mankind) but we don't even know what they're using any more, nor if that would make any kind of meaningful impact.
    Again to reference EVE Online, they run some of the best servers possible and have dedicated nodes just for their big battles, game still poops itself every fight and the community rages about them needing better servers.

It's frustrating for us all, but getting mad and ranting on forums or being snide and sarcastic isn't going to fix it, it only goes to make you unhappy and angrier at the game further ruining your fun. I've been there, I was happier when I left that behind me.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus honestly poking the bear has been a source of entertainment and happiness in this game for me since one Tamriel.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    None of the things you’ve listed are within Wrobel’s realm.

I'll help OP!

"Nerf nightblade".

I think that's a good suggestion for Wrobel's court ;)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember reading about these 8hr long buffs you could earn in IC through pvp activities(also lasts in cyrodiil). That would revitalize ic.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a few inappropriate comments. Please keep the conversation civil and constructive. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post