Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown crate causing quasi-crash

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I have a new technical problem this morning. When I try and see what my last free crown crate of the month was, I get an error message about something becoming insecure (it looks like the method cited is something to do with crown gems).

When I close the error text window, my ESC key doesn't work any more. So, for example, I can't get the option to log out.

This has happened twice, on two different characters.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @FrancisCrawford

Would you be able to provide us with the exact error message that pops up?

The error you are getting could be an issue with an add-on. Please try removing your add-ons and see if this same error pops up when you open your crown crate.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    For what is worth I add the same issue when I'm removing LUI extended that's work for me. Also having related bug when I'm accepting a gift before.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @FrancisCrawford

Would you be able to provide us with the exact error message that pops up?

The error you are getting could be an issue with an add-on. Please try removing your add-ons and see if this same error pops up when you open your crown crate.

I copied it on another try. Here we go.

EsoUI/Ingame/CrownCrates/CrownCrates.lua:553: Attempt to access a private function 'GetPlayerCrownGems' from insecure code. The callstack became untrusted 18 stack frame(s) from the top.
    stack traceback:
    EsoUI/Ingame/CrownCrates/CrownCrates.lua:553: in function 'ZO_CrownCrates:UpdateCrownGemsQuantity'
    EsoUI/Ingame/CrownCrates/CrownCrates.lua:85: in function 'SharedStateChangeCallback'
    EsoUI/Ingame/CrownCrates/CrownCrates.lua:109: in function 'callback'
    EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:111: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:273: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:525: in function 'ZO_RemoteScene:SetState'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Base.lua:161: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Base:ShowScene'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:282: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:ShowScene'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:365: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:OnSceneStateHidden'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Base.lua:235: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Base:OnSceneStateChange'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:312: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:OnSceneStateChange'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/IngameSceneManager.lua:338: in function 'ZO_IngameSceneManager:OnSceneStateChange'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:274: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:417: in function 'ZO_Scene:OnTransitionComplete'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:412: in function 'ZO_Scene:DetermineIfTransitionIsComplete'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:334: in function 'ZO_Scene:OnSceneFragmentStateChange'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragment.lua:114: in function 'ZO_SceneFragment:SetState'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragment.lua:124: in function 'ZO_SceneFragment:OnHidden'
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragmentTemplates.lua:75: in function '(anonymous)'
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Volckodav wrote: »
    For what is worth I add the same issue when I'm removing LUI extended that's work for me. Also having related bug when I'm accepting a gift before.

OK. I'll disable just that add-on and see what happens ...

... and the buggy behavior went away!

Good call!!
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on August 24, 2018 3:50PM