Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My FPS make trials not doable

PouletRico
PouletRico
✭✭✭
Hello,

Since I started played I always had some FPS issues. Lately, I gained enough experience and gears to try out trials. Well, this is not even playable, I'm running between 10-15 fps (I tried nHRC and nCR) during fights, and I 'm tanking.

My specs :
Xeon E5-2620 v4
12Gb RAM
GeForce GTX 1080

I think the problem is from my CPU (this is more a server CPU), it has been made to run multi-threaded software (lot of cores but low frequency), and I think ESO is laking optimization on that point.
I already checked some threads about tweaks (here or here), but those are pretty old and a lot of modifications have been made during the Summerset patch. I tried a lot of customizations in the UserSettings, but none of them was good, I just can't reach more than 40fps in overland.

Every time I'm trying to use more threads (by changing RequestedNumWorkerThreads and RequestedNumJobThreads) I start having big stutter, making game experience even worse.

I don't run a tons of addons, I disable most of them when I run dungeons or trials. Almost all my settings are turned down, honestly my game look really bad already.
uo7bekg6jt05.png
vhwck5hh3j0y.png

My drivers are up-to-date, and my windows is clean.

Any help would be really appreciated, I like this game, but I just can't run it...
@PouletRico - EU PC Megaserver
PouletRico - TankDK - EP
Experimental Kamikaze - StamDK - AD

I'm doing my best, but I'm not a native speaker
  • Ooyama_ST
    Ooyama_ST
    ✭✭
    The first thing that comes in mind when someone says low fps in trials is, do you have MM turned off? Because that thing slowly consumes your frames bit by bit till you have 1-5 FPS at the last boss.
    Only happens in trials. Even if it’s the only add-on you have there.
    Also, some of my guild mates have been complained about GroupDamageShare, that make the game crash in trials only.
    Weird thing you have low FPS with a GTX 1080.
    The only thing about your specs that worried me was you CPU.
    I googled about Xeon E5-2620 v4 and seen some good benchmark results, but the info says it’s a server processor, also if you google “Xeon E5-2620 v4 for gaming” you will see the comments for yourself.
    But I’m not expert in those tho. Maybe anyone else will clarify better here about that CPU.
    Edited by Ooyama_ST on August 23, 2018 9:43PM
  • PouletRico
    PouletRico
    ✭✭✭
    @Ooyama_ST
    Yeah I disable every addons I don't need for combat, so basically I have : Lui Extended, Untaunted, Combat Metrics, ActionDurationTimer and RaidNotifier.

Yeah, I guess my CPU is the main issue, but I can run other games without problems (in high settings), so like I said I think ESO isn't really optimized for multi-threading. That sucks so much :(
    @PouletRico - EU PC Megaserver
    PouletRico - TankDK - EP
    Experimental Kamikaze - StamDK - AD

I'm doing my best, but I'm not a native speaker
  • Ooyama_ST
    Ooyama_ST
    ✭✭
    @PouletRico Maybe someone have a solution for those server CPUs here, or try to google about that CPU for other MMO or new gen games. Don't give up ;)
    Or maybe just throw a support ticket asking about that CPU directly to ZOS.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As there are multiple threads ongoing about FPS issues we are going to close this one. You can use this thread for further discussion and to find additional troubleshooting.

@PouletRico - If you've went through the suggested troubleshooting already, you should open a ticket with customer support for further help.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.