The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Game is no longer detected by Nvidia Geforce experience

dazza1033
dazza1033
✭✭✭
Since todays patch, ESO is not longer being detected by GeForce Experience. Ive tried rescanning but the game is not being detected
  • AerunSun
    AerunSun
    ✭✭
    same here, i'm in contact with Nvidia to see if they can help me out
    • Bosmer Girl since Morrowind 2002
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @dazza1033

If ESO is no longer being detected by GeForce Experience, please make sure your graphic drivers are fully updated. After updating, you may need to restart your PC.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • GamingLass
    Ditto - and my Nvidia graphics driver is up to date. PC has been restarted. I am also having a horrible horrible experience since Zos update. Still doesn't recognize ESO. I've tried rolling back the driver - nothing. My game has crashed, my PC has frozen, the lag is ridiculous! I've disabled add-ons. Lowered my graphic. Played in windowed mode. Nothing stops the lag. My son playing off the same internet at the same time - isn't experiencing lag. He has an AMD and has Windows 7. I have Nvidia and windows 10. I played fine and Nvidia recognized ESO until your last update. Posting new discussion regarding the issues I've had since update.
  • AerunSun
    AerunSun
    ✭✭
    NVIDIA support made me reinstall the latest version (which I did yesterday). remove Bitdefender & Razer software. Didn't do the trick, off course. So ZOS…. I guess it's back to work :)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are your games not running at all in Nvidia?

I have Nvidia 1080 card and haven’t Updated my drivers in a couple weeks and has no issues playing the game 12 hours ago, after the patch.

BTW. I am on win10 ans did not see any new updates to anything up to 2 hours ago.
    Edited by idk on August 21, 2018 2:38PM
  • GamingLass
    AerunSun wrote: »
    NVIDIA support made me reinstall the latest version (which I did yesterday). remove Bitdefender & Razer software. Didn't do the trick, off course. So ZOS…. I guess it's back to work :)

I already did that. I rolled back to older version of Nvidia and tried ESO. Nope. So, I reinstalled and updated Nvidia. Still ESO is unplayable.
  • AerunSun
    AerunSun
    ✭✭
    answer from NVIDIA.

I would suggest you to wait till there is a patch released for the game, and I would also suggest you to submit a feedback from GeForce Experience on this. Since this is a game specific issue there might be some changes that needs

• GamingLass
    answer from NVIDIA.

I would suggest you to wait till there is a patch released for the game, and I would also suggest you to submit a feedback from GeForce Experience on this. Since this is a game specific issue there might be some changes that needs

I think it is ESO and that is affecting win 10 mainly with Nvidia. Although I have seen others with AMD. But my son plays Win 7 with AMD and has no issues. Same with my daughter. My system has Win 10 and Nvidia GeForce 840m. My other games work. Nothing changed on my system in 2 weeks. But ZOS had an update in that time period and then I couldn't play. :(
  • AerunSun
    AerunSun
    ✭✭
    GamingLass wrote: »

I think it is ESO and that is affecting win 10 mainly with Nvidia. Although I have seen others with AMD. But my son plays Win 7 with AMD and has no issues. Same with my daughter. My system has Win 10 and Nvidia GeForce 840m. My other games work. Nothing changed on my system in 2 weeks. But ZOS had an update in that time period and then I couldn't play. :(

You can't paly at all? That's even worse. I can play, yet I can't see or set the game in NGE.
  • GamingLass

You can't paly at all? That's even worse. I can play, yet I can't see or set the game in NGE.

AerunSun:

It depends...sometimes I can actually log in and select a character and then get to that character's last place in game and THEN I get booted. Or I won't even make it to the character screen because 1. the game hangs at loading screen prior to Character selection page 2. Game freezes my entire pc and I have to do a hard shutdown. Yesterday, after spending all morning and most of the afternoon looking for fixes and trying various things, I managed to get in, "play" 2 dungeons and THEN get booted. But I basically was useless in the dungeon. I froze a lot, got booted several times, but managed to be with a group that was understanding enough to wait for me to log back in every time and didn't really need a tank. :/ Today, I didn't make it past getting on my horse. It froze my game. So, I came here to see if anyone had suggestions because I ran out of things to try. :(
  • Ooyama_ST
    Ooyama_ST
    ✭✭
    I have a problem too, but a little different, I looked if someone created a topic here already but only find this one.
    So, I was using Nvidia Experience optimization in ESO with the high res scale included, because the game looks amazing with it. The game disappeared from Experience before the last DLC patch for me, the settings reset back to the original ones, no difference except for the high res mode, back to 1920x1080, but there a problem appeared. Now, when I launch the game, it opens in a small square in the corner of the screen, something like 800x600 window mode, but the options are saying is 1920x1080. Alt+Enter don’t help there.
    Or, it happens different. The game opens in full screen with very low res. Is like, how to explain… Like you open an old game in 800x600 and make it full screen. All blurry, pixelated.
    The problem persists till I restart the game once or twice, then It launch in 1920x1080.
    Also seems like window mode in full screen is bugged for me, I used to play with it because when I minimize the game in full screen to use the browser, Spotify or Discord, everything runs with poor FPS and freezing, I hear that’s a normal thing and play in window mode in full screen fixed it. But window mode is not working for some reason.
    Well, I already write enough. I think the problem is because ESO is not in Nvidia Experience anymore but some settings remain somewhere and make the game act weird.
    If someone find a solution for this, let me know please.
    I think the trick must be delete some files from Experience folders or maybe delete and configure again ESO settings, but I’m afraid to experiment :neutral::#
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone ever find a solution for this? My game has been basically unplayable since the patch. i drop frames just farming mobs
  • AerunSun
    AerunSun
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @dazza1033

If ESO is no longer being detected by GeForce Experience, please make sure your graphic drivers are fully updated. After updating, you may need to restart your PC.

As this drives me up the wall, I dit a COMPLETE reinstall of my system. Installed just the basics (so NO Add-ons, AV software and other games), just plain ESO. Still ESO won't be recognized by NVIDIA.

A mate from me who's not on the forum (Sister666) has the same problems. He installed a new MSI 1080 and then also reinstalled his system and guess what? nada! No ESO in GeForce Experience. Next to that I say several other threads (even answered on one) about similar issues.

What does it take to make it an ESO/ZOS Issue?

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aye I have noticed this issue too, I have Nvidia 1080 and GeForce Experience does not have it there at all, but was there pre mondays patch, however, the optimisation for my rig is still active, DSR etc.

Nvidia is just waiting on ZoS to respond, the problem is not on Nvidias end, it is on ZoS, but since it is not Crown Store issue or a exploit, then it will not be fixed fast ;)
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you guys getting performance hits because of this?
  • Ooyama_ST
    Ooyama_ST
    ✭✭
    @Dottzgaming Not me personally. Only that weird window mode problem.
    Im on a GTX 970.
  • GamingLass
    Are you guys getting performance hits because of this?

I am getting high latency and then booted to login screen ever since 4.1.5update. My game ran relatively smoothly in high settings. After update, got lag and booted, blue screened, just all hell broke loose. I've tried numerous things listed in other discussions in This forum.sent trouble reports to ZOS and I ran out of ideas. I've lowered my graphics from high to low and made tons of other adjustments. Just runs like crap now.

• GamingLass
    Bethesda changed the minimum requirements after 4.1.5 update:[/b]

Greetings!

Thank you for getting back to us. My name is Tamara, and I'd be happy to continue assisting you today. I know the frustration of no longer being able to play a game with the settings on high and being constantly booted from the server. My laptop used to be able to run ESO like a champion until the recent changes to the game's minimum requirements.

Please keep in mind that mobile graphics cards do not meet ESO's system requirements.

Reviewing the report provided, it appears that neither the Intel HD Graphics 5000 or the Nvidia 840 M meets the minimum requirements to run The Elder Scrolls Online and we are unable to provide further troubleshooting as this issue may be the result of the hardware not being able to handle the game.

Players that barely met the minimum requirements may have been able to play the game prior to the recent change in system requirements but since the update these players may no longer be able to play as the game makes full use of the minimum requirements.

I understand that this is a less than ideal response and apologize for the inconvenience. If you are able to upgrade the graphics card being used to one that meets the requirements and you are still unable to run The Elder Scrolls Online, please let us know and we would be more than happy to assist.

If you ever have any other questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us again! We'll be happy to assist you.
    Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    Tamara
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Keep an eye on our official Facebook, Twitter, and website for upcoming news about The Elder Scrolls Online, including release-date info:
    https://www.facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnline
    http://twitter.com/TESOnline
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding in, I have the same problem.

It seems what ever is causing the issues for the consoles is also affecting nVidia? I mean the HDR issues. Could they be releated?
    Edited by Davor on August 29, 2018 2:21AM
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • dazza1033
    dazza1033
    ✭✭✭
    Update

After the latest ESO patch 4.1.7 (game still not detected by GeForce experience) the game framerate dropped and stayed at 10fps.
    Nothing fixed it until I uninstalled GeForce experience.

So even though Geforce Experience is no longer detecting the game, it is now interfering with the framerate of ESO on my pc.

## addendum##
    The framerate is still fixed after re-installing GeForce experience. (still not being detected though)
    Edited by dazza1033 on August 29, 2018 7:18AM
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just updated to the latest nivida driver today, and that one dont support eso either
  • GamingLass
    dazza1033 wrote: »
    Update

After the latest ESO patch 4.1.7 (game still not detected by GeForce experience) the game framerate dropped and stayed at 10fps.

So even though Geforce Experience is no longer detecting the game, it is now interfering with the framerate of ESO on my pc.

## addendum##
    The framerate is still fixed after re-installing GeForce experience. (still not being detected though)

Going to try a fix that changes a few things in a text file and if that's doesn't work, I'll uninstall GeForce experience. Glad you yours working!
  • GamingLass
    Davor wrote: »
    Adding in, I have the same problem.

It seems what ever is causing the issues for the consoles is also affecting nVidia? I mean the HDR issues. Could they be releated?
    I run ESO with window enhancements disabled from the compatibility window. And as administrator. Also disabled a lot of options through Nvidia but I left my graphics on HIGH in game because when I took the advice to lower my in game graphics to low....it heated my pc up really bad and revved the system. I think it was not able to reduce it and that was a strain. Once I put it back to high my pc hasn't crashed or heatedly up. But I still have crappy FPS and HUGE latency spikes from 300-999+
  • GamingLass
    dazza1033 wrote: »
    Update

## addendum##

I uninstalled GeForce too but within 3 minutes of logging into ESO, I got huge spike and was booted. I've changed a few numbers in user settings text file and while that ran well for while, I still got spikes. Took me a bit to get booted though. I just think this is not something on my end, or with my pc. I think it's either my ISP or ZOS. And something is going to get changed one update and this will go away.
  • OhDios
    OhDios
    ✭✭✭
    Bethesda changed the minimum requirements after 4.1.5 update:[/b]

Players that barely met the minimum requirements may have been able to play the game prior to the recent change in system requirements but since the update these players may no longer be able to play as the game makes full use of the minimum requirements.

http://twitter.com/TESOnline

1070GTX and 1080GTX are not "minimun req" and the frames drops under 40!!! with a full specs rig... isnt about upgrading hardware it is about game optimization
  • dkelber
    dkelber
    ✭✭
    Exactly my thoughts. Always seems that folks from ESO provide answers that do not address the actual issue raised by the OP.
  • jsarthur_ESO
    jsarthur_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not just me, oh good. Went through every measure.
    Name Intel Core i7 7700K
    Codename Kaby Lake
    Specification Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz

Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
    Board Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    Memory size 3 GB
    Memory type GDDR5

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it hasn't been detected by GeForce XP for the last several weeks.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same here only i'm not running Win 10, i'm running Win 7. (because i loath Win 10)

All though i CAN play ESO, GeForce Exp wont detect ESO, it does Legends, Fallout 3, 4 and shelter, and even Skyrim. But no ESO.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • codybrewer78b14_ESO
    Ugh! I just bought a new computer and I'm having the same issue! I can't even rely on prior optimization settings! Hope they can get it fixed soon.