The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Lag, pop-in and drops from the server

BladedMischief
BladedMischief
✭✭✭
Constant problems. Constant lag. I’ve reset the console several times. Cleared cache several times. Reinstalled the game. There’s nothing else that I know of to do to fix this. And the performance of the game is constantly going between working okay one minute then crashing, lagging and not working the next.
Interacting with things is taking over 3 minutes. I sit and try to craft one item and it’ll take 5 minutes when it used to take mere seconds. I try to talk to NPCs for quests and merchants to sell stuff, and it takes them more time than it should to respond or even look at my character.
Fighting is next to impossible, I can attack once or twice, then the game will just stop letting me attack whilst the enemy beats me to a pulp and eventually kills me whilst I just stand there unable to do anything.

I’m at a loss on what to do. And don’t know what else I can do.
It’s not my internet causing these issues as other online games/apps work without any issues.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
~We're a community of adventurers. No matter which banner we fight under~
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @BladedMischief

As you've already went through the recommended troubleshooting and continue to experience lag, the next step you can take is opening a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • BladedMischief
    BladedMischief
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE
    I’ve already sent in a ticket through the in-game support a few days ago prior to the uninstall/reinstall. I can provide the ticket reference if needed?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @BladedMischief

You can post your ticket number in this thread so we can check on it's current status for you.
    Staff Post
  • BladedMischief
    BladedMischief
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE
    I’ve sent in two tickets since these issues started. Both times trying different pathways of reporting the issues. It’s a bit confusing to me for how to report issues like this as it’s delaying progress, but also an issue with interactables and framerate.
    This is the first one I sent:-
    180809-001402
    And this is the most recent:-
    180818-002481
  • TwinStripeUK
    TwinStripeUK
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE
    I’ve sent in two tickets since these issues started. Both times trying different pathways of reporting the issues. It’s a bit confusing to me for how to report issues like this as it’s delaying progress, but also an issue with interactables and framerate.
    This is the first one I sent:-
    180809-001402
    And this is the most recent:-
    180818-002481

The 'interactables' are all server lag (your console has to update and verify things like status and position with the server). I know this because every time it's happened to me I'll get unceremoniously logged out and then be unable to log in again for an hour or so.

Which server are you on (I'm guessing Xbox EU, right)??
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @BladedMischief

The second ticket number you mentioned, #180818-002481, is being looked into by customer support.
    Staff Post
  • BladedMischief
    BladedMischief
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE Thank you. Will I be contacted at any point to confirm whether the issue has been sorted?
    Thank you for your help so far, it’s greatly appreciated.
  • BladedMischief
    BladedMischief
    ✭✭✭
    @TwinStripeUK I am indeed on Xbox EU.
  • TwinStripeUK
    TwinStripeUK
    ✭✭✭
    The EU server is terrible. It frequently becomes unavailable and kicks you off (especially at weekends).

Every time it happens I go through the same rigmarole - log out, reset cache, restart Xbox, try to log in again, fail, log out again, log into the US server without issue, log out, log into any other game or app using Xbox Live without issue and then head over here to complain.

Then after an hour or two it's all back to normal and ZOS blame everything else that I've already proven is working just fine...