The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

An Error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes to log in again.

Janie78
Janie78
Soul Shriven
Since Wolfhunter was launched yesterday, my wife and I have been having issues logging in. Some characters will login than disconnect when we load to another zone. Other characters will not log in at all and will eventually time out to the error in the title of this discussion. Tracert and ping path both show time outs once the packet gets to a certain IP. Anyone else experiencing this? I have talked to my ISP and nothing has been changed on their side. TIA
  • erwerman
    erwerman
    Soul Shriven
    I have exactly the same issue, I was able to sporadically log in a couple of times but the connection breaks quickly. Now I cant log in at all (at least not past the character select).
  • Janie78
    Janie78
    Soul Shriven
    That's what we were experiencing. I only have one character out of 5 that would occasionally log in, but when I zoned out/in it kicked me back to the opening log in screen. It's so frustrating and we seemed to be the only ones having the issue. My other 4 characters couldn't log in at all. We were finally able to get them all to work after installing "windscribe" to work around the IP that was causing the timeout.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you receive an error message stating "An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again." please deactivate all of your addons and try logging in to the game again. If you are now able to log in, one of your addons was blocking your access to the game. You should try enabling addons one at a time to identify which one is causing the issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Janie78
    Janie78
    Soul Shriven
    I have removed all addons, including the SavedVariables folder and AddOnSettings .txt file. Issue still persists.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Janie78

If you are still getting this error after removing your add-ons, please contact customer support for further assistance.
    Staff Post
  • Janie78
    Janie78
    Soul Shriven
    Tickets submitted for both of us. No resolution as of yet.
  • s6khill
    s6khill
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing happening here. Currently using VPN to play.
  • s6khill
    s6khill
    Soul Shriven
    It has been over 2 days since I have heard from Technical Support....ticket number: 180814-002741
  • FuseMav
    FuseMav
    Soul Shriven
    I've been having the same error as well since the patch.
  • GhostOfAnEra
    GhostOfAnEra
    ✭✭✭
    My game boots me off after loading a character, but I get no error message. The game beforehand was just lagging greatly, which got worse every time; but now, it's practically unplayable. I have no idea what begets the problem.
  • xhedas
    xhedas
    Soul Shriven
    I have same problem, the game keep kick me back to title screen when changing zone and i already did the deleteing add-ons stuff but still got the problem.

everything its okay one or two weeks before.
  • Nocturne Saint
    Nocturne Saint
    ✭✭✭
    I started playing again after a long hiatus two weeks ago. Then i noticed lag spikes and a few crashes. This all without addons. Now recently I have had the same thing these others had happen. Booted back to login when i zone, and when i try to login it says "Login failed please check your internet connection"

Its not my internet connection i did a speed test and checked for packet loss right after I got booted and was unable to login. no issues with speed upload, download, and no packet loss
  • Gbgomes
    Gbgomes
    Soul Shriven
    Did you guys find any solution? I'm having the same problem....

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Gbgomes

As this thread is nearly a year old we will be closing the thread. You are welcome to start a new discussion for help if no one else is experiencing the same issue. To help with this login error, you can try the troubleshooting found in our help article linked below.

What do I do if I get an error message stating "An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again" when trying to log in to one of my ESO characters?
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.