The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I see everyone with the quakecon pet

gresiac
gresiac
✭✭✭✭
Where is mine ?
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    me too! where's mine!? :-)
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you have no idea where it is, what makes you think we'll magically know where your pet is? Contact ZoS.
  • ZOS_Edward
    ZOS_Edward
    Community Rep
    Hi all!

If you didn't attend QuakeCon and want a chance to get one of these pets, head over to Twitch and watch members of our Stream Team. They have codes they give out that grant these pets. They'll also be available at other conventions.
    Staff Post
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this different from the Flame Atronach Pack Wolf? If so, I'm guessing it's the pig that they started giving out in 2014? Or is it something else?
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Is this different from the Flame Atronach Pack Wolf? If so, I'm guessing it's the pig that they started giving out in 2014? Or is it something else?

Torchbug
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Edward wrote: »
    Head over to Twitch and watch members of our Stream Team. They have codes they give out that grant these pets

This is so underhanded.

Look at the correlation between top donators to said streams and who gets the codes.

Edited by KingMagaw on August 14, 2018 4:39PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »
    Head over to Twitch and watch members of our Stream Team. They have codes they give out that grant these pets

This is so underhanded.

Look at the correlation between top donators to said streams and who gets the codes.

In the post I made about this, I even quote a twitter post that cites granting the pet code to someone who has made a lot of "contributions" to that community. Eh, favouritism much?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is so underhanded.

It's basically non-existent. I've got the pet, and I've spent a total of 10 bucks on Twitch ever.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is so underhanded.

The streamers I've visited use random giveaways to giveaway their codes. I know I personally do for sure - especially for torch bugs. I'm sure there are odd-ball circumstances where it's not random, but really, there's definitely a lot of them using random draws for it.

Some also use twitter as a way to give them away. Here's one that is currently happening that you could enter if you make(or already have) a twitter account.

Edited by MissBizz on August 14, 2018 4:53PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

This is so underhanded.

In the post I made about this, I even quote a twitter post that cites granting the pet code to someone who has made a lot of "contributions" to that community. Eh, favouritism much?

It's up to the streamer in question, how they dole out codes. I've seen one of the game codes gifted to someone who was going through a rough time. I won my Torchbug from a point raffle. It wouldn't surprise me if some streamers chose to hand out some pets in private, but most of the pets are coming from public raffles. Different streamers may have their own policies for who can participate, but usually they're open to anyone who's watching.
    Edited by starkerealm on August 14, 2018 4:57PM
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all!

If you didn't attend QuakeCon and want a chance to get one of these pets, head over to Twitch and watch members of our Stream Team. They have codes they give out that grant these pets. They'll also be available at other conventions.

i mean this Flame Atronach Wolf pet
    5 Ouroboros Crown Crates

i watched the stream and i didnt got them and all my friends alrdy have it
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is so underhanded.

It's basically non-existent. I've got the pet, and I've spent a total of 10 bucks on Twitch ever.

Wait for it though, they are going to provide evidence for their baseless assumption. Oh wait there is none.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gresiac wrote: »
    Hi all!

5 Ouroboros Crown Crates

@gresiac By chance was the stream muted? Are you sure you were logged into twitch while watching it on the official Bethesda channel? I know they send them out in waves, but seems quite late by now.

@ZOS_Edward Any idea if the flame atro pet rollout has been finished, or if it is still ongoing?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Hi all!

5 Ouroboros Crown Crates

@gresiac By chance was the stream muted? Are you sure you were logged into twitch while watching it on the official Bethesda channel? I know they send them out in waves, but seems quite late by now.

@ZOS_Edward Any idea if the flame atro pet rollout has been finished, or if it is still ongoing?

it was not muted i watched it
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all!

5 Ouroboros Crown Crates

It might have been an account linking issue. Did you get the wolf mount from the E3 event?
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is so underhanded.

It's basically non-existent.

Nice statement of fact. To get your general non-existent statement do you have evidence to back it up with?. Please link i will read and re-evaluate my stance if need be.

This is where the water gets murky. There is no stipulation to streamers to be fair with these codes firstly and secondly there is zero transparency tracking this which only reinforces my underhand observation.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The announcement did say that PC players would receive theirs by August 17. So maybe not all of them have gone out yet?

I did get mine yesterday, as did my husband.

Regarding the torch bug, isn't that pretty small? Not sure why people want it, tbh, although I suppose for the exclusivity.
  • ZOS_Edward
    ZOS_Edward
    Community Rep

5 Ouroboros Crown Crates

Hey @gresiac,

As noted in the announcement about those rewards, the Ouroboros Crown Crates and Flame Atronach Wolf pet will be delivered to your ESO account by Friday, August 17.

If you don't see them yet, that may be perfectly normal.
    Staff Post
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all!

5 Ouroboros Crown Crates

It might have been an account linking issue. Did you get the wolf mount from the E3 event?

yes i did
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice statement of fact. To get your general non-existent statement do you have evidence to back it up with?. Please link i will read and re-evaluate my stance if need be.

Sure, give me a second:

Actually, you know, watch the streams, instead of crying about how the guys who throw a lot of money around are automatically winning. Because, you know, there's a lot of times when the codes go to randos.

You can also check out the bot they're using, if you want to do some digging, but it's standardized code, so they'd need to be custom coding their own bot that secretly paid out to the people of their choice, while simultaneously behaving like the normal ones in all other situations, meaning this would need to be one massive conspiracy to screw with you.

Yeah, that sounds like something they'd do just to mess with you.

And, honestly, if someone decided to give Romeo_Redd or Timberwolfe a pet under the table, I don't think anyone'd really object. These guys are (literally) throwing thousands of dollars into supporting the ESO stream community. Not just specific streamers either.

But, they're not rigging the raffles, they don't need to. They have full discretion over how to how to handle the giveaways, and the vast majority are via randomized, draws that open to any viewers. Just watch, and punch in the designated !command when they start a drawing. If you don't type that in chat, you're not in the running at all.

Or, you know, enter into that Twitter contest that @MissBizz posted. Also, maybe, check out her stream, she's a Stream Team member as well.
    Edited by starkerealm on August 14, 2018 5:26PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all!

5 Ouroboros Crown Crates

yes i did

And you're on PC? You should be golden.

If you're on consoles, the unlock requirements were different, unfortunately.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is so underhanded.

The streamers I've visited use random giveaways to giveaway their codes. I know I personally do for sure - especially for torch bugs. I'm sure there are odd-ball circumstances where it's not random, but really, there's definitely a lot of them using random draws for it.

Some also use twitter as a way to give them away. Here's one that is currently happening that you could enter if you make(or already have) a twitter account.

That's one whole pet for how many people? Add this into the 'never' category.

At least the streamers for Archeage get given tons of them to be given out!
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the issue is that the pet is flying and so unique.

If it were a vvarvark or another nix hound or fennec fox it would be one thing; but it's frickin adorable, small, flying and totally unique.

To me, that should be a sub perk or purchaseable, not just a handout for people who may never even play.

My favourite pets are tiny ones, my absolute fave so far is the nyxad.

Eh whatever it's just a pet right?

It is however a bummer as this one would have gotten my money; whereas the psijic gopher pig or whatever is something I'd never use - but what should have been given away.
    Or anything dog related because of the latest patch.

Like we have eleventy million frickin dogs.

Seriously couldn't have given those to the masses who didn't GAF?

Nope.

Gah. I realise how salty I sound over a stupid pet. Lol. I'm sorry.

Pffft.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sure, give me a second:

Actually, you know, watch the streams, instead of crying about how the guys who throw a lot of money around are automatically winning. Because, you know, there's a lot of times when the codes go to randos.

You can also check out the bot they're using, if you want to do some digging, but it's standardized code, so they'd need to be custom coding their own bot that secretly paid out to the people of their choice, while simultaneously behaving like the normal ones in all other situations, meaning this would need to be one massive conspiracy to screw with you.

And, honestly, if someone decided to give Romeo_Redd or Timberwolfe a pet under the table, I don't think anyone'd really object. These guys are (literally) throwing thousands of dollars into supporting the ESO stream community. Not just specific streamers either.

But, they're not rigging the raffles, they don't need to. They have full discretion over how to how to handle the giveaways, and the vast majority are via randomized, draws that open to any viewers. Just watch, and punch in the designated !command when they start a drawing. If you don't type that in chat, you're not in the running at all.

Or, you know, enter into that Twitter contest that @MissBizz posted. Also, maybe, check out her stream, she's a Stream Team member as well.

In theory I totally agree.
    Still salty though; that I'd have to watch (rather than listen, as I do often) to a stream of a game that if I had time to sit and watch anything, I'd actually be playing.

Like how is it logical to expect people to watch for free, and get a chance at nice things, rather than play and *pay for* said game?

What does only watching actually do for anyone?
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or: give 'watchers' things that people who bought crates, bought subs, bought DLCs, bought crowns have; because they don't have those dozens of pets.

Give the people who subsidise the game the completely unique things.

Problem solved.

(Yeah I realise what a dolt I'm being over a pet- and I never have before or since been all OMG about this stuff; but we have many dogs/vvardvarks/nix hounds/other stuff that people who don't even play all the time don't- so they still get a free thing, and we get to not feel like 'Well thanks, I guess Maybe next crate iteration or crown store update I can get yet another damn DOG.')
    Edited by Mureel on August 14, 2018 5:52PM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe it’s just me, but I would rather PLAY the game than watching someone stream play the game. So I guess I’ll never get the torchbug pet then. So much for customer loyalty.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

Sure, give me a second:

In theory I totally agree.
    Still salty though; that I'd have to watch (rather than listen, as I do often) to a stream of a game that if I had time to sit and watch anything, I'd actually be playing.

Like how is it logical to expect people to watch for free, and get a chance at nice things, rather than play and *pay for* said game?

What does only watching actually do for anyone?

You can do it by listening. You only need to watch if you're trying for the free crates which... honestly, not worth it unless you're enjoying the content.

Now, if you're running a single monitor setup, so your choice is between having the game up, or having the stream, I understand. But, if you're at home, you can even run Twitch through a phone. So, you do have options.
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    I am also concerned when I hear of very few people not receiving their pets already, given I watched the stream on a fully linked twitch account via mobile as I was at work I am also concerned that twitch / ZOS didn't register my viewing, hopefully there will be a way to rectify that if nothing is received by Friday, if not, what a con.
    Edited by Sharmony on August 14, 2018 6:01PM
    @Wjleppard - EU - Sharmony Youtube
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Guild Affiliations: Hodor, Travelling Merchant, Aetherius Trade, Golden Goose.
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    Maybe it’s just me, but I would rather PLAY the game than watching someone stream play the game. So I guess I’ll never get the torchbug pet then. So much for customer loyalty.

So the thing about Twitch is: It's outreach. This is trying to get to people who don't play the game, getting to pay attention, and pick it up. So, the Torchbugs are two-way loyalty. You're going out there, and getting attention in a larger sphere. Your views help ESO's placement in Twitch's analytics. The Bug, and other giveaways are designed to encourage that, and to encourage new players to join. That's the entire reason the team has codes for new copies with Summerset, not just upgrade codes. And, it's working, right now ESO is 41st on Twitch, and it is getting attention and getting new players into the game.
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »

So the thing about Twitch is: It's outreach. This is trying to get to people who don't play the game, getting to pay attention, and pick it up. So, the Torchbugs are two-way loyalty. You're going out there, and getting attention in a larger sphere. Your views help ESO's placement in Twitch's analytics. The Bug, and other giveaways are designed to encourage that, and to encourage new players to join. That's the entire reason the team has codes for new copies with Summerset, not just upgrade codes. And, it's working, right now ESO is 41st on Twitch, and it is getting attention and getting new players into the game.

I believe the numbers are inflated because twitch drops are on and a few major ESO streamers are on too. when drops are not on, ESO normally cruises between 1k-2k viewers.
    @Wjleppard - EU - Sharmony Youtube
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Guild Affiliations: Hodor, Travelling Merchant, Aetherius Trade, Golden Goose.
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum