Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Become Monstrously Fashionable with Limited-Time Outfit Styles"

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I could care less about the outfit system.
    The cost of outfit slots was a huge turn off.
    Most of my characters use costumes anyway that I either got for free or already paid for.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dungeon mask, shoulder really looking forward it. A good way to keep interest on dungeons.
    Crown store exlusive weapons, I don't like it, but I hope it will giftable.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Why did you pick like the single ugliest monster mask to start this event with?!? So many better choices....

Grothdarr would like to have a word with you...

The Grothdarr weapons pack is on the PTS currently, as I'm sure you have noticed, and it looks as hideous as the monster mask. Who on this green earth thought it a good idea to make weapons out of wrapped, pink flesh and then set it on fire.
    And I don't mean hideous in the sort of "monstrous but still villainous good looking" kind of way either, but truly hideous and disgusting. Much like the monster helm itself, which I suppose is fitting.

The Ilambris fire staff looks moderately ok, it's a neutral black design with the fire animation. I'll certainly pass on the Grothdarr stuff, but I hope they come up with something cool for the Valkyn Skoria stuff. Please something less neon orange, and something more stylish and cool. Earthgore could possibly be cool as well, if they go for something that would fit Dragonknights (Earthern heart, rocks and molten lava).
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weapons look cool, but can you please just stop with those limited time offers?
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    I'm a little confused by the wording on the website...
    However, should you have earned the Hard Mode achievement titled “A Crypt for Two" your chance to pick up the page is doubled. To earn this achievement, you must defeat the Ilambris Twins on Veteran Hard Mode difficulty. Future Monster Mask Outfit Style drops will also have an improved chance of dropping if you have that bosses' specific Hard Mode achievement.

Does this mean that if you've completed the HM achievement, your chances are doubled even if you just fight the boss in Vet mode? Or do you have to fight in HM each time you want your chances of a drop to be doubled?
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do Illambris weapons have fire animation all the time or just like other weapons after weapon swap for a few sec?
  • Aggie_Marine
    Aggie_Marine
    Soul Shriven
    So, your article says coh 1, but your in game announcement says coh 2. Which one is correct? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Aggie_Marine on July 25, 2018 2:35PM
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    So, your article says coh 1, but your in game announcement says coh 2. Which one is correct? @ZOS_GinaBruno

Ilambris is the boss of CoH 1, Nerieneth is the boss of CoH 2, so the 2 was probably just a typo.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL they cannot even get the right Dungeon.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

It's CoH1. Sorry for the confusion, we'll get it fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    RNG sucks... Tokens would be better get X amount get the item.

At least they are trade able.

Sad that its the Crown store for the rest of the outfit items, but hey they got to make money.

@majulook

Tokens aren't good overall because it creates a situation where there is a min amount of runs for X, causing exhaustion of content.

Its much better to allow items to drop that are trade and sellable while encouraging folks to do so in a group.
    Coming form games that had tokens, those designs extend grinding content beyond the logic of reason.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to the "persistent" weapon effects advertised in the July showcase? Most of us figured that meant persistent like the Moondancer weapons, for example. Is that a bug or false/deceptive marketing @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom?
    PC-NA
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Helm and Shoulder aren't in the Outfit Collection to preview.

Also would be nice to have a player character wearing the helm/shoulder/weapon in a screenshot on the article so folks can see it all together (since we can't preview it that way in-game)
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s too bad there isn’t a monthly poll / survey so the players could decide which Undaunted mask/shoulder arms pack they want to show up next in the rotation.

Also the arms pack is too expensive. 2.5k Crowns for basically 1/3 of an actual complete style and the “persistent” effects aren’t currently visible when sheathed...

These should only be 1.5k crowns really, since it sounds like this will be a monthly thing. I could justify buying them if they were the cost of a one month sub, but 2.5k is pushing it too much. I’m saying if they were 1.5k I’d be more prone to “collect them all” syndrome, but for 2.5k no way.

Also I’m disappointed the reported visuals vanish when sheathed. Gonna have to pass on this round, and future rounds if that doesn’t get adjusted. Either the price needs to be lowered, or the enchant effects need to be permanently active because so far your marketing has failed consumer expectations, just take a peek at the relevant threads in general discussion.

While I don’t expect the pricing of the next pack to actually be lower (though it would be a welcome surprise), the visual effects need to be persistent when sheathed or these packs will never be worth your current asking price.

Just my feedback.

Edited by Left4Daud on July 26, 2018 7:48AM
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im very disapointed that so much stuff is locked behind Hardmode VET, there are so many players that can't get a fair shot at it. From votekicks before content even starts to just having a hard time finding guilds to run with that don't have reqs (voice com) and as this is an "event" it will means pugs are going to be full of people trying modes beyond their skill, making things far more frustrating than needed. Hear comes the FAKE tanks trying Vet Hard mode without taunts!

locking better gear behind hard modes just makes that skill gap even wider. Even if these are not gear, I would like to see this trend end, OR at least make it known that only these types of cosmetics are what will be in the hardmodes now.

I think that there should be a chance, even if its tiny to get these rewards on normal. Really great chance on vet and guarenteed on hard mode. I think they could change it up so that its Bind on Pickup in normal, but can be sold or traded if earned in vet. That way everyone has a shot, and because the elite dungeon runners can sell them the people that fail to get a drop in many runs will find a source.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have sentinel and engine guardian pack asap?
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Err... I’m confused...

Why would you bang your head against vet hardmode content for some of the most god aweful looking junk in the whole game..... !?!?!?
  • yurimodin
    yurimodin
    ✭✭✭
    Im very disapointed that so much stuff is locked behind Hardmode VET, there are so many players that can't get a fair shot at it. From votekicks before content even starts to just having a hard time finding guilds to run with that don't have reqs (voice com) and as this is an "event" it will means pugs are going to be full of people trying modes beyond their skill, making things far more frustrating than needed. Hear comes the FAKE tanks trying Vet Hard mode without taunts!

locking better gear behind hard modes just makes that skill gap even wider. Even if these are not gear, I would like to see this trend end, OR at least make it known that only these types of cosmetics are what will be in the hardmodes now.

I think that there should be a chance, even if its tiny to get these rewards on normal. Really great chance on vet and guarenteed on hard mode. I think they could change it up so that its Bind on Pickup in normal, but can be sold or traded if earned in vet. That way everyone has a shot, and because the elite dungeon runners can sell them the people that fail to get a drop in many runs will find a source.

PC/NA I will run it with you if you want......I dont even care about the loot.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on my experience today the drop rate with Vet Hard Mode is pretty low. Today I did a total of 15 runs comprised of 5 different groups on Vet Hard Mode, and I got no motif drops. Only 2 people out of the total 15 runs got a drop.

Edited by majulook on July 26, 2018 2:43AM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Lorem123
    Lorem123
    ✭✭✭
    Of course the drop rate is as bad as it could be expected.Spent 50 keys on the chest and no sign of the shoulders.
    A friend of mine got it on the first key, but heh, I got a Harmony ring on my first key after SS came out so miracles happen... once per cosmic alignment.

Not going to bother with yet another mindless grind against idiotic drop rates, for this or any future monster set style. I'll just buy them off of guild stores near the end of their availability period if the prices will be relatively low.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I, for one, am GLAD the effects are not continuous through sheathing. So, we want to be burning our legs off with a flaming sword at our side? Doesn't make logical sense at all. Having the flames die-out when sheathed makes more sense... the only one I could see being persistent would be staff, but the others just wouldn't be logical.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a reason why we can't deposit these illambris motif pages in our bank?
    Edited by Tsar_Gekkou on July 26, 2018 1:58AM
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So very disappointed to find out these outfit style pages for shoulder/head are not the same particle look the crown store version is... there goes what could have been a great event each month to complete Veteran content.

What a massive let down.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can we get an official reply on when the drop chance is doubled?

In the English article, as far as I understand it, it is stated that *once* you get the hardmode achievement, all your next runs will have doubled chanced - no matter if hardmode or not. But if you're not an English native speaker, this might be wrong to understand.

The German article states it even more directly, saying that if you have the achievement, the drop chance is doubled - no hardmode required. But German articles had some translation errors in the past, so I don't want to fully rely on that.

So yould some official clear this up? Also if I'm correct, would hardmode *still* add some more chance to drop it?

Thank you for your time!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So very disappointed to find out these outfit style pages for shoulder/head are not the same particle look the crown store version is... there goes what could have been a great event each month to complete Veteran content.

What a massive let down.

No, the shoulder and helm are identical to the in game versions.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Vet hard mode for non dlcs are really not so bad. For now almost everyone should be able to get through these dungeons. With the amount of experienced players queing for it, the groups will most likely have 1 or 2 "elite" players in it.

The difficulty will definetely start when they start adding the vet dlc dungeons.
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭

They're not actually "motifs" but style pages. You just get the style for them accountwide, regardless of who reads them.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The page advertising this in-game on the big popup thing, said Crypts of Heart II for a chance to earn the Ilambris mask style...which is wrong on two levels. It is the wrong version and it doesn't specify veteran difficulty!

• Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shinshadow wrote: »

They're not actually "motifs" but style pages. You just get the style for them accountwide, regardless of who reads them.

Yeah, the item type says it's a "container." It'd still be nice to be able to bank items like this so they don't take a chunk of inventory space.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |