The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Here we go again.... SLOADS

• ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed several unnecessary and insulting comments from this thread. Please keep this discussion constructive. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KraziJoe wrote: »
    Might be best if you posted in the PTS forum, where they deal with PTS issues.

But they dont deal with pts issues lol
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ItsNebula wrote: »
    theres nothing wrong with sloads stacking.
    everything can be stacked. even light attacks, if multiple people are attacking you then it will stack, that cant be stopped and it should Not be stopped.
    people want god mode enabled where they can fight groups of people and win, and thier asking the devs to support it.
    i hope the devs Do Not allow what these guys are asking for.
    make pvp normal so all of us can have fun and we all have equal strengths and weaknesses, not just a few strong elite and the rest entire population weak and unable to fight them.

11/10 you’re a zergling that often gets 1vX. Huge difference in “stacking” 1k light attack’s which can also be reduced based on stats, to stacking unmit. Damage that can’t be reduced no matter the CP, armor stats etc and can be like 30k+ in 6 seconds.

L2P

i have never even once died from sloads.
    you are telling "me" to learn to play, yet, "you" are the one asking for a nerf?

here's the deal, even if you personally removed sloads from the game, people are still going to stack up on you with another armor type or weapon type or even light attack type and kill you because that's what happens when multiple people are all attacking you.
    has nothing to do with the set, the problem is you are trying to solo fight multiple people and dying from them, and you want that stopped, so you are trying to nerf an armor set when infact it has nothing to do with that armor set.

I've been watching these forums for a year now and you always spit on small scale.
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    EDIT: just removed the quote since my browser keeps pasting it in automatically.

Anyway,

What sets refresh duration instead of stacking on a player when damage is coming from multiple people? Please tell me so I can see it for myself and complain to ZOS. Need some consistency after all.

I do believe that Viper and Sheer Venom sets didn't stack. I can't remember because it's been a while since I have used any procsets other than Skoria on my DK and Templar. Could be wrong today though.
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    Sorcs get to stack 3 shields.
    What about sorcs, exactly?
    Sorcs aren't gonna be happy unless nothing can touch them, I guess.
    I often play sorc, and I think this is getting to the point of absurdity.
    Don't want damage to stack, but have no issue with shields stacking?
    This *** has hit a new low...

You don't know how Oblivion damage works do you? If anything, it should keep on breaking Cloak for the consistency's sake. Because Oblivion damage is irresistable, true damage that isn't mitigatable. And NBs are the only ones that gets to mitigate it now. You see why your 'have 3 shields' argument is flawed now? Hint: Shields do nothing to stop the Oblivion damage that stacks.

Of course I do. So there's 3 sets that can break a sorcs shields (shield breaker, knights, and sloads). Aside from enchants you are not touchable as long as you can sustain shields.
    These sets are a counter to your shield stacking defending self. Get it? A counter...
    And damage stacks in this game. PvP would be stupid as hell if only one players damage counted...what good would sets be?
    Face it, you shield stackers hate sloads and oblivion damage because it can touch you. That's why it's ridiculous to defend shield stacking and try to talk about stacking damage as something that needs eradicated.
    Get it now?

Same can be said for Cloak. Aside from Sload's, NBs were virtually untouchable unless the player is really bad. Cloakers hate Sload's because it can touch them. Only difference is that devs do favor NB over any other classes and they are now the only class that can mitigate all forms of damage with a single click of a button and avoid detection even easier.

Cloak mitigates all forms of dmg? Where do you get that from?
  • Ampnode
    Ampnode
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaime1982 wrote: »
    EDIT: just removed the quote since my browser keeps pasting it in automatically.

Anyway,

What sets refresh duration instead of stacking on a player when damage is coming from multiple people? Please tell me so I can see it for myself and complain to ZOS. Need some consistency after all.

I do believe that Viper and Sheer Venom sets didn't stack. I can't remember because it's been a while since I have used any procsets other than Skoria on my DK and Templar. Could be wrong today though.

You don't know how Oblivion damage works do you? If anything, it should keep on breaking Cloak for the consistency's sake. Because Oblivion damage is irresistable, true damage that isn't mitigatable. And NBs are the only ones that gets to mitigate it now. You see why your 'have 3 shields' argument is flawed now? Hint: Shields do nothing to stop the Oblivion damage that stacks.

Of course I do. So there's 3 sets that can break a sorcs shields (shield breaker, knights, and sloads). Aside from enchants you are not touchable as long as you can sustain shields.
    These sets are a counter to your shield stacking defending self. Get it? A counter...
    And damage stacks in this game. PvP would be stupid as hell if only one players damage counted...what good would sets be?
    Face it, you shield stackers hate sloads and oblivion damage because it can touch you. That's why it's ridiculous to defend shield stacking and try to talk about stacking damage as something that needs eradicated.
    Get it now?

Same can be said for Cloak. Aside from Sload's, NBs were virtually untouchable unless the player is really bad. Cloakers hate Sload's because it can touch them. Only difference is that devs do favor NB over any other classes and they are now the only class that can mitigate all forms of damage with a single click of a button and avoid detection even easier.

Someone who doesn't run an AoE or detect pot for w/e reason, so cloak technically does avoid all his damage.
    PC NA - CP640+

Characters:
    Amp - Magicka Nightblade
    Amp - Magicka Sorcerer
    Amp - Magicka Templar
    Amp - Stamina Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Templar
    Amp - Magicka Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Sorcerer
    Amp - Stamina Nightblade
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Running solo is just a frustrating experience at the moment. You can’t walk 3 steps without having 3 Sload procs on you. As it procs on range and on and all and every damage you don’t even have to be outnumbered - one or two random light attacks are enough to add 15k unmitigated damage. I just don’t see what the laughable 15% damage nerf would change about that. It’s a case of gross misunderstanding of the problem.

Their justification for the existance of it is even more funny. ''To counter heavy armor tanks''. Like we're still in one tamriel...
    Kinda funny how viper was justified the same way and was used by those said tanks anyways.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on August 10, 2018 12:00AM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_MikaS wrote: »
    We have recently removed several unnecessary and insulting comments from this thread. Please keep this discussion constructive. Thank you for your understanding.

May I ask why we should keep discussions constructive when the devs ignore us anyway? At this point, you get the impression this social hub here is only good for blowing off steam...
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    On my mag sorc you know what I did to counter Sloads? Slotted mutagen instead of healing ward. And in situations outside of Sloads I am finding mutagen to be far more reliable than than healing ward which can end up on other players when it is most needed. Drop the 3rd shield, run mutagen.

Doubt you can get away with running just 2 wards open world unless u run > 55k ish max mag or running dampen magic.

I have tried mutagen and its HOT heal needs to be doubled to be atleast considered an alternative over healing ward considering major defile is a 100% uptime these days

Major defile is getting nerfed, Rapid Regen will be strong.

Well I still feel its not worth giving up a bar slot as the heal is insignificant for what I am up against and i m usually solo.

Especially in BG's which I dont play anymore, I am pitted against a premade or 2 which was never a real issue except this patch where I usually have 1+ sload dot on me and someone spamming shield breaker which is a guaranteed scenario these days.

I always have better luck open world where dark conversion is a reliable heal. IMO there should not be any kind of damage which ignores all kinds of class defences and leaves no counterplay which oblivion damage actually is
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on August 10, 2018 3:26AM
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ampnode wrote: »

Anyway,

Get it now?

Someone who doesn't run an AoE or detect pot for w/e reason, so cloak technically does avoid all his damage.

Mitigate or avoid? Sounds like an extreme over-reach doesn't it?
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Keep nerfing the set until it's useless like many other sets!

When ever zos nerfs a set they just get added to the useless pile of crafted sets we have. Is this what we really want?

I'm in no way in support of sloads but it's nice to have good crafted sets other then juli and hundings.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Meanwhile the DKs and wardens are sitting here getting *** by sloads AND bleeds.
    Bleeds and sloads and double dot poisons love facing that on my stamwarden.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    Power surge heals for more and give you major sorcery.

Power surge heals on crits. Guess which stat is the least useful and most countered in PvP (by trait)? Crit rate.
    False impen doesn't stop you from critting it just lowers your crit damage.Nothing stops crits from happening not even shields they just stop the bonus damage you would receive from a hit.

Side note:Crit is one of the most useful stats you can have for heals and damage.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyway,

Get it now?

Ampnode wrote: »

Anyway,

Get it now?

PTS Patch Notes Reading 101:
    1. Sload's will no longer break Cloak. And that means no damage from Sload's while in Cloak.
    2. Sload's effect turned into a projectile. Cloak it and it misses if you don't get dodge proc from Shuffle or NB's Mirage

On live, I've seen quite a few AoE miss. And AoE are so easy to dance around to dodge. Best form of mitigation is being untargetable and invisible, no?
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those 3 shields are useless when you have 3+ sload dots on you which is always the case when fighting in an open world scenario.

Sloads/ knightslayer/ shield breaker/ damage health is literally all I see on my death recap these days.

Sounds like a sign that you only play with dramatically overpowered classes like mag sorc...

Before nerfing sloads more, we need to nerf sorc more.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    Power surge heals for more and give you major sorcery.

Power surge heals on crits. Guess which stat is the least useful and most countered in PvP (by trait)? Crit rate.

To fully cancel any crit a player needs 3300 crit resistance. You must not realize how rare this is... And by simplying putting in 28 CP into elfborn, you basically eliminate the possibility that your crits will ever be completely negated.
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sloads shouldn't be preventing people from cloaking, but it SHOULD tick under the cloak dmging a NB. It's oblivion dmg after all, why should it be mitigated by any means?

It's the most reasonable and fair apprach, and it's completly ZoS programmers fault that they can't implment this feature.
    Edited by Neloth on August 13, 2018 9:04AM
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »
    Sloads shouldn't be preventing people from cloaking, but it SHOULD tick under the cloak dmging a NB. It's oblivion dmg after all, why should it be mitigated by any means?

It's the most reasonable and fair apprach, and it's completly ZoS programmers fault that they can't implment this feature.
    When I saw sloads no longer broke cloak I assume it would still damage the NB while they are cloak how it should be.

This needs to be fixed and added or remove sloads.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Yo sorc. Slot a heal. Sincerely, literally every other class.

yo, we dont have a heal. sincerely sorcs. and the delayed one we have requires are second bar to be a resto

Yeah you do, Twilight Matriarch, no resto needed.
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yo, we dont have a heal. sincerely sorcs. and the delayed one we have requires are second bar to be a resto

You ever tried in Open World? Have fun when it gets killed with 15k HP, or simply stuck in a wall or terrain, or doesn't follow you at all. Not to mention it costs two bar slots and a ton of mag.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good patch for stamNB and shuffle classes. Now stam classes can dodge and shuffle sloads and runecage. What about NON dodge classes? still as screwed as before patch. And mag classes are still *** (minus magsorc), no mobility, no dodge. I dont mind making sloads/runecage counterable, but by giving the counter to ONLY ONE CLASS is beyond ***. Kick your pvp designers.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good patch for stamNB and shuffle classes. Now stam classes can dodge and shuffle sloads and runecage. What about NON dodge classes? still as screwed as before patch. And mag classes are still *** (minus magsorc), no mobility, no dodge. I dont mind making sloads/runecage counterable, but by giving the counter to ONLY ONE CLASS is beyond ***. Kick your pvp designers.

Besides this post having little to do with OP’s topic, did you comment on these changes during the 5 weeks of PTS? Commenting at this point does little.

Many running magicka builds use tri-stat food for that little extra stam for defense. Magicka also tends to have access to better heals that stam and easier cleans for dots like sloads.

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes you do. 1. Surge. 2. Matriarch. 3. The whole Restoration line. 4. Vigor for stamina. 5. Rally for stamina. 6. Clownfear.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭

I think since sloads is a projective now, at least magDK from mag classes can deal with it? Reflecting with wings.

But I’m not very sure - since my magDK is also a sloads + zaan user, it’s hard to tell if those sloads are reflected or mine.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theres nothing wrong with sloads stacking.
    everything can be stacked. even light attacks, if multiple people are attacking you then it will stack, that cant be stopped and it should Not be stopped.
    people want god mode enabled where they can fight groups of people and win, and thier asking the devs to support it.
    i hope the devs Do Not allow what these guys are asking for.
    make pvp normal so all of us can have fun and we all have equal strengths and weaknesses, not just a few strong elite and the rest entire population weak and unable to fight them.

Actually Elites these days could be using 3rd. Party Programs to produced their results. CE is still very alive. ZOS just sweeps it under the rug whenever mention. If only ZOS was just as active banned cheats as they are at sweeping all mentions of it away.

I still see people out here who can 1v30 and win consistently.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think since sloads is a projective now, at least magDK from mag classes can deal with it? Reflecting with wings.

But I’m not very sure - since my magDK is also a sloads + zaan user, it’s hard to tell if those sloads are reflected or mine.

Being a projectile doesn’t mean you can reflect it. Sload’s is an example.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Being a projectile doesn’t mean you can reflect it. Sload’s is an example.
    Wait can magdens absorb it?
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well even fengrush said it yesterday onstream, making sloads a projectile wont change the situation alot, you gotta wait a bit and see how the situation develops maybe some zerglings will overreact and find other sets and then the game will be actually playable again. :)

EDIT: can anyone update me if they finally fixed the random freezes in cyrodiil? havent touched the game since summerset tbh
    Edited by ATomiX96 on August 13, 2018 7:28PM
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    I don't use a resto staff either.

There you are. Build choice. Run a resto plus mutagen. If you choose not to use what you have available, dont complain.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes you do. 1. Surge. 2. Matriarch. 3. The whole Restoration line. 4. Vigor for stamina. 5. Rally for stamina. 6. Clownfear.
    mojomood wrote: »
    Mureel wrote: »
    I don't use a resto staff either.

There you are. Build choice. Run a resto plus mutagen. If you choose not to use what you have available, dont complain.

1. Surge is only proccing on crits and aside from Stamsorcs, it really isn't that useful because Stam has DoTs constantly ticking in one way or the other but mSorcs don't have DoTs to crit on. Either do direct damages or just shieldspam + Streak and then die when out of resource.
    2. Matriarch is bad. Pets are bad when they die so easily, and have stupid simple 'follow AI'. In fact, it will keep running into things like it can't even see what is right in front of it. For what it costs, 2 slots from each weapon bar, costs a lot of magicka to summon one and has cast time, it is extremely bad. Heal might hit hard but doesn't really justify the costs.
    3. Restoration line that MAY or MAY NOT heal you. Outside of 2 skills that are fairly impractical unless you are a dedicated healer in a group to protect you because those 2 skills, Healing Springs and Blessings of Restoration have animations that can bug out that when you cancel the animation, heal won't go through. Healing Ward are more likely to be on the bowtard stealthing up next to you with glorious 16k health. Mutagen and Rapid Regeneration do not heal much if not spec'd as a healer. Not even close to Vigor for the damage stacker. I have never seen a Vigor tick for 700s with 3k~6k WD with 34k~40k stam unless defiled. Mutagen and Rapid Regen constantly ticks for 700~900s the most and only crits for 1.2k? So Sload's will eat them up on top of you being banged on by other damages and it is not even a guarantee that you will get the heal when you are in a group of any size or when there are stealth bowtards nearby you. If Resto line's heals were guaranteed on the caster, sure, you have the case but it is not guaranteed. So no.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You ever tried in Open World? Have fun when it gets killed with 15k HP, or simply stuck in a wall or terrain, or doesn't follow you at all. Not to mention it costs two bar slots and a ton of mag.

true.

otoh, i know sorcs who make it work very well in open world.

go figure.